Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default I need to start carrying around those damn fliers

Went to two Christmas parties on Saturday night. The topics of guns came up at both parties, which is always interesting when the majority of the people at the gathering are from NJ.

I educated a New Jerseyite at the first party about our carry laws in PA. He was surprised to learn about opening carrying and how a license was not required if you were on foot. He told me that he always wanted to get a pistol to go target shooting in NJ, but "you need a permit in NJ to own a gun... handgun, rifle, shotgun, you need a permit." I tried to correct him but he was positive that he was right because "his friend told him and he's a police officer."

When I told them that we can legally drink alcohol and carry, he was really taken back. I told him there was no law against it and he then asked if there was a law allowing it. I asked him if there was a law that allowed him to wear a red shirt. I think he got the point but he was still very skeptical.

At the second party, one of the guys said he was "packing heat", so I asked him what he was carrying. He was apparently joking and then asked me if I was carrying a gun. I told him "yes" and he immediately gave me "the look." The first thing out of his mouth was "you should probably put down that beer then."

I told him that I can legally drink a beer while carrying a firearm, but he and his friends didn't believe it. He kept asking if I was sure and kept repeating "eh... I don't know about that."

I REALLY NEED FLIERS
    Last edited by uniballin; December 28th, 2009 at 06:45 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: I need to start carrying around those damn fliers

Quote Originally Posted by uniballin View Post
    Mods: Didn't mean to put this in Open Carry. Please move to the general carrying section. Sorry!

Went to two Christmas parties on Saturday night. The topics of guns came up at both parties, which is always interesting when the majority of the people at the gathering are from NJ.

I educated a New Jerseyite at the first party about our carry laws in PA. He was surprised to learn about opening carrying and how a license was not required if you were on foot. He told me that he always wanted to get a pistol to go target shooting in NJ, but "you need a permit in NJ to own a gun... handgun, rifle, shotgun, you need a permit." I tried to correct him but he was positive that he was right because "his friend told him and he's a police officer."

When I told them that we can legally drink alcohol and carry, he was really taken back. I told him there was no law against it and he then asked if there was a law allowing it. I asked him if there was a law that allowed him to wear a red shirt. I think he got the point but he was still very skeptical.

At the second party, one of the guys said he was "packing heat", so I asked him what he was carrying. He was apparently joking and then asked me if I was carrying a gun. I told him "yes" and he immediately gave me "the look." The first thing out of his mouth was "you should probably put down that beer then."

I told him that I can legally drink a beer while carrying a firearm, but he and his friends didn't believe it. He kept asking if I was sure and kept repeating "eh... I don't know about that."

I REALLY NEED FLIERS
    Agreed. You could have always busted out the cell phone and did a quick google search.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

(Northampton County)

My ghetto ass phone doesn't have internet .

(Centre County)

I bought some of the nice professionally printed ones. Hopefully someone will attach that thread link for you.

I keep one as the bookmark in the book du jour, many in my glove box and if I am out and about in public - one in my back pocket. Definitely a good idea you have.

(Chester County)

i HATE when people who have done ZERO research and have no idea WTF they are talking about question someone who obviously has their shit together, and are confident that they are right. such was the case with my entire family this christmas. luckily i had my laptop and pulled up all the fliers and the "gun facts" document, which shut them up pretty quickly. its unbelieveable how corrupting the anti media campaign is and how effective it is at brainwashing sheeple. (i actually called my anti parents sheeple hehe) luckily my g-pa is a WWII vet and got me a rifle for christmas!!

Quote Originally Posted by uniballin View Post

I REALLY NEED FLIERS
    Ummm, in PRNJ, You need a FOID to own each, you need to apply for a permit to purchase each, and you need your FOID to prchase ammo, and then, you can only buy ammo for guns you own.

FOID and puchase permits are required for any gun, including BB guns.

He was correct about PRNJ laws.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Ummm, in PRNJ, You need a FOID to own each, you need to apply for a permit to purchase each, and you need your FOID to prchase ammo, and then, you can only buy ammo for guns you own.

Once you had your FID you can buy a long gun whenever you want. You need a seperate permit each time you want to buy a PISTOL. Trust me, I moved from NJ.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post

That is absolutley insane.

(Franklin County)

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...carry-you.html

Buy professionally printed/pre-folded flyers here.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    Once you had your FID you can buy a long gun whenever you want. You need a seperate permit each time you want to buy a PISTOL. Trust me, I moved from NJ.
    Yea, this is what I thought... but he claimed that each gun (regardless of its type) needed a permit. I really wasn't too sure, and I let him know that, so I didn't press it since I'm not an expert on NJ firearms laws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast