Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cambria County)

Default Where are the fliers when I need them?!?

Was in Sporting Good Discounters today hoping to luck into another case of AK ammo at the same price I paid the other day. There were two guys in the store, one buying a pistol, and the other talking to him. They had both just recently got their LTCF and were talking about how easy it was.

Then the one guy said about "The Book". Did you read it he asked. The other guy commented on how it was all in legalize and he pretty much had no idea what most of it meant. They then were talking about where you can and can't carry, and how it gets so confusing and "the book" isn't a whole lot of help.

I headed out to the car. I popped open the glove box and AAAGGGGHHHHH. All my fliers were gone. I hadn't restocked from the last time I passed them out. I was bummed. Here was the perfect opportunity to use these fliers, and I didn't have any.

I went back in and gave them each a card that I have with the PAFOA site on it. I told them that they could find a very useful and easy to understand flier on concealed carry on this sight. We talked a bit longer, but I didn't want to interrupt the business transaction, so I moved on. They both thanked me and I headed home. Man was I bummed that I didn't have any fliers on me.

Well, the car is stocked again. Next time, I will be prepared. And in fact, I think I need to go to Staples and get another 100 printed off, my supply is getting low.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Where are the fliers when I need them?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Was in Sporting Good Discounters today hoping to luck into another case of AK ammo at the same price I paid the other day. There were two guys in the store, one buying a pistol, and the other talking to him. They had both just recently got their LTCF and were talking about how easy it was.

Then the one guy said about "The Book". Did you read it he asked. The other guy commented on how it was all in legalize and he pretty much had no idea what most of it meant. They then were talking about where you can and can't carry, and how it gets so confusing and "the book" isn't a whole lot of help.

I headed out to the car. I popped open the glove box and AAAGGGGHHHHH. All my fliers were gone. I hadn't restocked from the last time I passed them out. I was bummed. Here was the perfect opportunity to use these fliers, and I didn't have any.

I went back in and gave them each a card that I have with the PAFOA site on it. I told them that they could find a very useful and easy to understand flier on concealed carry on this sight. We talked a bit longer, but I didn't want to interrupt the business transaction, so I moved on. They both thanked me and I headed home. Man was I bummed that I didn't have any fliers on me.

Well, the car is stocked again. Next time, I will be prepared. And in fact, I think I need to go to Staples and get another 100 printed off, my supply is getting low.
    By chance, did you price any of the ARs or other EBRs while you were in there? lol

(Franklin County)

And in fact, I think I need to go to Staples and get another 100 printed off, my supply is getting low.
    You might want to hold off on a large re-stock right now. Due to the upcoming change in the law (state park carry), there is a new revision in the works.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    You might want to hold off on a large re-stock right now. Due to the upcoming change in the law (state park carry), there is a new revision in the works.
    Good advice, BTW, when does that go into effect?

(Franklin County)

I believe it's December 17 - give or take a day.

I'm assuming the day the Governor signs the bill into law is "Day 0". Based on that assumption, I wouldn't personally test it until "Day 61", which will be December 17.
    Last edited by gnbrotz; November 10th, 2008 at 07:37 PM.

I believe it's December 17 - give or take a day.

I'm assuming the day the Governor signs the bill into law is "Day 0". Based on that assumption, I wouldn't personally test it until "Day 61", which will be December 17.
    I don't remember seeing a date or timeframe posted.

Thanks!!!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    I don't remember seeing a date or timeframe posted.

Thanks!!!
    Typically, laws take effect 60 days after they are signed. This information is also found at the end of the proposed legislation. From HB1845, pg 34:
    24 (1) THE AMENDMENT OF 18 PA.C.S. §§ 6111.1(E) AND 9152(D)
    25 AND (E) SHALL TAKE EFFECT IMMEDIATELY.
    26 (2) THIS SECTION SHALL TAKE EFFECT IMMEDIATELY.
    27 (3) THE REMAINDER OF THIS ACT SHALL TAKE EFFECT IN 60
    28 DAYS.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    By chance, did you price any of the ARs or other EBRs while you were in there? lol
    They only had 2 AR's (one in 5.56 and one in 9mm). 1 AK. 1 M-1 on consignment, and 1 Druganov. They were pretty well picked over. Sorry, I didn't see anything I was interested in so, I didn't bother with prices.

OK, thanks. I never thought about that. That is definately something we want to add to the flier. Guess I will pass out what I have till we get the new one to print out. Better than not having anything to pass out. Duhhhhhh.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

They only had 2 AR's (one in 5.56 and one in 9mm). 1 AK. 1 M-1 on consignment, and 1 Druganov. They were pretty well picked over. Sorry, I didn't see anything I was interested in so, I didn't bother with prices.

OK, thanks. I never thought about that. That is definately something we want to add to the flier. Guess I will pass out what I have till we get the new one to print out. Better than not having anything to pass out. Duhhhhhh.
    That's what I'm doing, hell I still have about 100 of the first flier hanging around........