Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default National parks Like Valley forge

I thought dorring Bush that they past a law that you were aloud to carry a gun CC in a national Park . And then the brady bunch put a court oder stopping it from becoming law . I was told to day that a new was slid in under a other and it past . So the question is is this true ???? Can I carry CC in (let say Valley forge Park )
    Your thoughts
    And I looked around ( I am not computor savy) and tryed to find this law .
    Anybody know where to look ??
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson - Commonplace Book 1774-1776

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: National parks Like Valley forge

Won't become effective until February 2010

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by G10mm View Post
    I thought dorring Bush that they past a law that you were aloud to carry a gun CC in a national Park . And then the brady bunch put a court oder stopping it from becoming law . I was told to day that a new was slid in under a other and it past . So the question is is this true ???? Can I carry CC in (let say Valley forge Park )
    Your thoughts
    And I looked around ( I am not computor savy) and tryed to find this law .
    Anybody know where to look ??
    Nothing was slipped in anywhere. Because of the Brady bunches actions, a senator drafted the regulations into a law, and attached it as an amendment to the credit card act that was recently signed into law by Obama. The amendment itself, in an unusual move, was debated and voted on separately, and was overwhelmingly passed. The injunction on the change in regulations, due to the lack of an environmental impact study, then became a moot point, as the legislated version does the exact same thing as the regulation change. The only thing is that although it was signed into law, it doesn't take effect until 2010.

http://forum.pafoa.org/national-11/5...ght-carry.html

http://forum.pafoa.org/national-11/6...-official.html

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Nothing was slipped in anywhere. Because of the Brady bunches actions, a senator drafted the regulations into a law, and attached it as an amendment to the credit card act that was recently signed into law by Obama. The amendment itself, in an unusual move, was debated and voted on separately, and was overwhelmingly passed. The injunction on the change in regulations, due to the lack of an environmental impact study, then became a moot point, as the legislated version does the exact same thing as the regulation change. The only thing is that although it was signed into law, it doesn't take effect until 2010.

http://forum.pafoa.org/national-11/5...ght-carry.html

http://forum.pafoa.org/national-11/6...-official.html
    thants for info i knew it was debatted some where. 2010 DAM thats not doing me any good this weekend.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson - Commonplace Book 1774-1776

(Montgomery County)

as far as i know you cant but as long as your not advertising whos gonna know. The only places i dont carry r bars and court houses.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by wallydoodle View Post
    as far as i know you cant but as long as your not advertising whos gonna know. The only places i dont carry r bars and court houses.
    Don't forget school properties & post offices are also forbidden places to carry. BTW, it is legal to carry in bars, some just do not think it is wise to do so.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by wallydoodle View Post
    So you are suggesting that a member knowlingly break federal laws? Possibly become a criminal him/herself? I could actually see a Park Ranger having a field day with this type of attitude.

Please do not encourage anyone to break the law! 2010 ain't that far off. After that we can hold an open carry event there and celebrate, but to knowingly break the law? Not me.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

2010 ain't that far off. After that we can hold an open carry event there and celebrate,
    that sounds lik a good idea. i bet they think that we'll have to conceal. it'd be a lot of fun to have an OC picnic somewhere the day it becomes active.

(Philadelphia County)

I would b up for that picnic.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by pjsaleen266 View Post
    I would b up for that picnic.

Maybe in the spring of 2010!! I know where there are some grills for BBQing!
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast