Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Open carry and what you should know before you do it

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vaught View Post
    I'm new to the forum - but reading here, a thought occurs to me. We should possibly be concerned with some things other than carrying iron outside our pants. I recall a line from Quigley Down Under : "This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickock." Of COURSE the general public are going to react adversely to someone packing a hogleg in Walmart - - - cops too! So would most of us as we push our wife and kids behind us and finger our hidden 9mm. That is, we who have our legal carry permits and since we've been vetted; are most likely NOT nuts or a violent felon of some sort.
    All that said : how about thinking about stand your ground; like Florida, Georgia, Texas and some other States. Protection against lengthy, costly litigation if, after you're cornered and have no other choice, you choose to shoot your armed assailant in the knees instead of the Sternum or Forehead. just a thought - - - L

yeah, comparing open carry to the Wild West....awesome.

(Luzerne County)

I'm new to the forum - but reading here, a thought occurs to me. We should possibly be concerned with some things other than carrying iron outside our pants. I recall a line from Quigley Down Under : "This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickock." Of COURSE the general public are going to react adversely to someone packing a hogleg in Walmart - - - cops too!
    In reality, they typically do not. Its the rare exception for anyone to "react adversely"

That said, this is an OC information thread. NOT a OC debate thread. There are plenty of those if you care to debate OC take it to one of them. Do not do it in this thread.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

All that said : how about thinking about stand your ground; like Florida, Georgia, Texas and some other States. Protection against lengthy, costly litigation if, after you're cornered and have no other choice, you choose to shoot your armed assailant in the knees instead of the Sternum or Forehead. just a thought - - - L
    As for stand your ground and castle doctrine laws, we have a thread dedicated to getting it implemented.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ease-read.html

(Monroe County)

I'm new to the forum - but reading here, a thought occurs to me. We should possibly be concerned with some things other than carrying iron outside our pants. I recall a line from Quigley Down Under : "This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickock." Of COURSE the general public are going to react adversely to someone packing a hogleg in Walmart - - - cops too! So would most of us as we push our wife and kids behind us and finger our hidden 9mm. That is, we who have our legal carry permits and since we've been vetted; are most likely NOT nuts or a violent felon of some sort.

Well, we actually are concerned with other things besides just, "carrying iron outside our pants", and if you study a bit more of the information here, you may come to see that. In addition, while you are certainly entitled to your opinion of, "carrying iron outside our pants", you would do well to remember that when posting those opinions, you should clearly state them as opinions. You make some blanket statements in your post that come across as you stating facts, when there are many others here, including me, who can personally attest that your "of course" is factually incorrect and I would also counsel you against walking around anywhere fingering your gun.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Lehigh County)

Funny, my gun's not made of iron. I guess I'm okay then.

As others have stated, this is an information thread, and a damn good one at that, please don't try to ruin it.

(Indiana County)

I've got a Hi-Point C-9. I have no idea what it's made of.

P.S. Knock it all you want, it works.

(Erie County)

headcase...
    dude you fucking rock bro! I have yet to OC and still waiting on my LTCF to get here. i figured it would be better to wait for it but i do intend to OC during the summer even if my LTCF gets denied. your post pretty much has everything needed to prepare for it. great post man

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Owner View Post
    headcase...
    dude you fucking rock bro! I have yet to OC and still waiting on my LTCF to get here. i figured it would be better to wait for it but i do intend to OC during the summer even if my LTCF gets denied. your post pretty much has everything needed to prepare for it. great post man
    Well, thanks man. Realize though, this thread was started because a few of us were chastising someone about looking things up, it was pointed out that the info was scattered and someone should spend some time and put it all in one place... I simply happened to take up that challenge. This thread is a compilation of knowledge that more than a few dedicated individuals put a great deal of time, energy, and passion into researching and collecting. The challenge was issued to put it all in one place and I have tried my best to do just that.

Sadly, there are more than a few recent examples of people still not bothering to read this thread before going out and OCing, and then starting threads asking what they should have known....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    I've got a Hi-Point C-9. I have no idea what it's made of.

P.S. Knock it all you want, it works.
    it's made of straight thuggin', yo.

(Lancaster County)

Carrying a voice recorder...
    Are you allowed to make voice recordings of encounters with the Police without the officers being notified and giving consent to you recording their voice? You might want to check into that. It violates the State's wiretap laws and will land your butt in jail.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast