Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Exclamation VIDEO OF FATAL SHOOTING: CCW Permit Holder Has Gun Taken, Kills Man, gets charged!

I understand Florida has some pretty gun friendly laws when it comes to self defense and shooting someone if you feel threatened. However I doubt anyone can justify this. I've read several articles about this incident but haven't found out what they had a dispute about. Judging by their size I'm going to assume it had something to do with food. After reading the articles on this story I feel like this guy has a few screws loose. He was previously pulled over carrying 3 guns in his waistband, 4 others in his car, and 500 rounds of ammo. At that time he did have a mental evaluation which determinded he was sane and his guns were returned. He said he carried a gun because he was worried an evil man named "ted" was going to molest him. Yes, this bald, ugly, 6'3", 300lb man was worried about being molested. I've heard about Chester the molester but I guess its "Ted's" turf in Florida. Here are a couple quotes: Kallenbach told us he always carried loaded weapons because he feared a dangerous man named "Ted" was going to sexually molest him. "The pistols are in case he's in a close area or he's grappling with me and perhaps I have to reach for my pistols for my safety. The rifles are for long range. If he were to start lobbing deadly missiles at me at 100 feet away, I have nothing to hit him with. If I pull out a pistol I could miss and hit someone. If I pull out a rifle with deadly shot accuracy, you know, I can stop somebody from committing a felony on my person."
    I'm not sure how often people commit felonies from 100 feet away but I guess its good to be prepared! Watch the end of the video when the drag the guy who has been shot outside. They also cuff another guy for being black near the scene of a crime.

LINK TO VIDEO: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a71_1208904447

Link to articles: http://www.mysuncoast.com/Global/story.asp?S=8130984
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...60399/0/news12
    In the herald tribune article the victim's relative predictably tries to turn this into a black/white issue. No doubt looking for someone to sue. Read the comments at the bottom.

(Berks County)

Default Re: VIDEO OF FATAL SHOOTING: CCW Permit Holder Has Gun Taken, Kills Man, gets charged

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?

(Chester County)

Default Re: VIDEO OF FATAL SHOOTING: CCW Permit Holder Has Gun Taken, Kills Man, gets charged

I cant believe I just watched that, very cool website. So if that took place in PA, would that guy be justified in shooting the other?

(York County)

Aside form the big fat dude being slightly touched in the head, I see no problems here. He was attacked and shot in self defense. The police did nothing wrong as far as I can see either. Whats the problem?

Dave
    3%

(Philadelphia County)

The guy sounds paranoid to me, I don't know how the psychiatrist thought otherwise, unless there really is a "Ted".

Looks to me like the guy with the gun escalated the situation, though. The other guy appeared to be unarmed. He drew his weapon and then approached the other guy. Aside from being bad tactics, that doesn't suggest to me that he feared for his life.

(Monroe County)

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, lmfao!

I want to know what the two pistols are wrapped in. Kinda looks like he had them in baggies...Maybe to keep the cheeto's dust off?

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Luzerne County)

So what are you saying OP? The guy who was attacked isn't justified in shooting his attacker? Because you read something some where that can't be proven?

From what you had written it seems that this person has passed all the tests to be a gun pwner in this country. So now what?

What I saw from the video is the following...

Male enters the store and does a little shopping. Another male enters the store. Starts some type of conversation. The male that initiates the conversation distracts this person even more. Then he attacks him. A struggle insues. The would be robber is shot.

What else would you like?

It's kind of funny, me and the gorilla had a discussion about this tonight. My plain and simple answer is this...

If you try to grab my weapon, you have now put my life in danger. I will do whatever it takes to stop your actions. If shooting happens to be one of them, that sucks for you. And yes, it would be justified as self defense. Why the hell else would someone grab your weapon? What, to clean it for you?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by CQB View Post
    So what are you saying OP? The guy who was attacked isn't justified in shooting his attacker? Because you read something some where that can't be proven?

From what you had written it seems that this person has passed all the tests to be a gun pwner in this country. So now what?

What I saw from the video is the following...

Male enters the store and does a little shopping. Another male enters the store. Starts some type of conversation. The male that initiates the conversation distracts this person even more. Then he attacks him. A struggle insues. The would be robber is shot.

What else would you like?

It's kind of funny, me and the gorilla had a discussion about this tonight. My plain and simple answer is this...

If you try to grab my weapon, you have now put my life in danger. I will do whatever it takes to stop your actions. If shooting happens to be one of them, that sucks for you. And yes, it would be justified as self defense. Why the hell else would someone grab your weapon? What, to clean it for you?
    Thats what I was thinking. What else should he have done? I mean he was attacked and he shot in self defense. And whats with the " cuffed another man for being black near a crime scene" thing? I just don't get this whole post.
    3%

(Monroe County)

Everyone is entitled to his opinion, but mine is that there is not enough info here to determine whether he reasonably feared for his life at the time he drew his weapon. What was the other guy saying? If he said to the clerk "Im gonna grab my gun outside and come back and shoot everyone in here" is one thing. If he said "You're Cheetos are overpriced I'm never shopping here again." Well that might be another. So I would hold off on criticizing anyone's opinion of whether it is a good shoot.
    Last edited by wewo; May 2nd, 2008 at 08:16 AM.

(Washington County)

Interesting video for sure. Bad mistake, attacking someone with a gun, seems he could have kept walking out the door, but he chose another path. He grabed him around the waist, where he was carrying, so I would agree the conversation was not 'hey, you gun looks dirty, let me clean it for you'
    I give him an A for effort though, trying to walk off that gunshot wound.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast