Im looking for some suggestions and insights. I live in western PA. I've had my CCW permit for quite awhile, but just recently started carrying 24/7 within the past year or so. I have been trying to find definitive answers on the legality of carrying concealed at a private school. I'm not a teacher, but do partake in an activity that is connected with my church that takes place on school grounds well after school hours. I don't want to say exactly what this activity is for identity purposes, but I'm sure that you all would agree that one would want to have access to a firearm in this situation. I called the PA state firearms division, and they told me that it would be unlawful. However, they also told me that I couldn't carry in state parks either which I know has recently been over turned. The girl who I spoke with appeared nervous and unsure when I questioned her, so I didn't put much stock in what she had to say. So then I called the NRA-ILA. I belong to the NRA. The girl there told me that it was a felony to carry within 1000 ft of a school, and that federal laws trump state laws. That was news to me. In the meantime, I have come across info published by Gun Owners of America that states that CCW permit holders (ones that have undergone a state background check, such as PA), are exempt from the federal law. So which is it? Does anyone have information or a source of information that could clear this up? The laws and information seem so ambiguous. I don't want to break the law, but I don't want to give up my rights either, especially in a potentially vulnerable situation. Also, does any one know of a case in PA courts that defines the part of the state law that deals with the defense "other lawful activity". IMO, CCW for self defense would be a lawful activity, but I'm not a defense lawyer so MO doesn't mean much in this discussion. Any help or suggestion would be great.