Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: Tennessee open carrier detained Belle Meade Al Gore 's home town black powder pis

"Who cares?"

That's the only thing that resounds in my mind while I read whatever point SOTR is trying to make. I can tell the guy is still in NJ because, while he usually says good things, whatever cancer that spreads over there has still infected small parts of his mind, one of those parts dealing with orange tips and firearms.

A person who combs their hair to hide baldness
    takes a valium to hide their insecurity,
    assumes an anonymous personality online to hide their skeletons,
    conceals a firearm to hide their armedness,
    or paints the tip of his firearm orange...

While we can distinguish what they are from what they did, "Who cares?"

There's a right to carry a firearm, and the right to carry a toy, those things being ultimately indistinguishable in the case of Leonard Embody. I think some people are playing fast and loose with the word 'bait', because neither of those two rights, indistinguishable, played any more part attracting wasteful attention from law enforcement. But 'bait' is played more loosely as 'generally deceiving'. Maybe it was 'generally deceiving', if they focus of the analysis was "is this truly a gun". Is that actually the focus? There is no purpose for that focus, it has been artificially generated to make this argument about the ills of an orange tip. After all of that can be boiled down,

Who cares?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Tennessee open carrier detained Belle Meade Al Gore 's home town black powder pis

Quote Originally Posted by Camasco View Post
    IronSight,

Wow, thanks for the information! Having actually been on the receiving end of and unwarranted "Terry Stop", I thought I was actually somehwat qualified to talk about it as I paid for my experience (over $3000.00 dollars worth), but obviously I am not.

Since your terse and exacting reply set me straight on my mistakes, could you please also educate me on "criminally activity"? I am not familiar with that term.

I actually do appreciate the information, but in the future maybe you could use a little more care/couth in addressing a new member tenatively making his first post (first impressions, you know). I would think that my years saving peoples lives and property as a firefighter/EMT would entitle me to at least that much.
    You posted incorrect legal information and were not only corrected, but directed to where you could actually learn. Your "years saving peoples lives and property" don't entitle you to disseminate false information here. If your post claiming that cops can stop you whenever they want, and naming(although erroneously) the court decision that supposedly allowed it, was a tentative first post, I can't wait to see your assertive ones... Try taking correction better, it happens all the time here as this site is here to put out true and accurate information, and your attitude seems to indicate you will be experiencing it often...

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

My apologies, I certianly didn't mean to get you riled up.

I said I appreciated the information and the correction of my error and I meant it, I just didn't care for the way it was presented.

Like I said previously, I was stopped and questioned unlawfully, and the police used the "Terry Stop" as the basis for my detainment (I never saw the term written down, and my attorney never explained it to me other than to say "...it is a rule of law that the police can use to stop and detain you for whatever they want for about 15 minutes..." his words not mine). I think you have gotten the wrong impression, I only joined after looking at the site for some time and seeing a lot of individuals with the same interests as myself. I am glad to be a member here, and don't think I deserve a maxed out red reputation bar for disagreeing with the way someone presented some information back to me. I am not a nut or a kook or a blowhard or a know-it-all, just a guy that likes firearms and hunting, and wants to talk to other people with the same interests.

Again, my apologies.

*Edited for my poor spelling*

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    You posted incorrect legal information and were not only corrected, but directed to where you could actually learn. Your "years saving peoples lives and property" don't entitle you to disseminate false information here. If your post claiming that cops can stop you whenever they want, and naming(although erroneously) the court decision that supposedly allowed it, was a tentative first post, I can't wait to see your assertive ones... Try taking correction better, it happens all the time here as this site is here to put out true and accurate information, and your attitude seems to indicate you will be experiencing it often...

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Camasco View Post
    I actually do appreciate the information, but in the future maybe you could use a little more care/couth in addressing a new member tenatively making his first post (first impressions, you know). I would think that my years saving peoples lives and property as a firefighter/EMT would entitle me to at least that much.
    I simply corrected you, that's all. You were dead wrong and that's the way it is.

I was being polite as I took the time to link you to the Supreme Court decision in question, and I even posted a very relevant quote from it in case you didn't feel like reading the whole thing. If I wanted I cold have posted a vague insult, offered a two-sentence rebuttal, and not linked to any information at all. That would have been uncouth.

Being a firefighter/EMT will earn you a level of respect from me, but it will not stop me from correcting you if you come along posting incorrect information. You really ought to step back, take a deep breath, and realize that you can't always discern emotion from text. You'll get positive rep for contributing to the board in different ways, posting incorrect information in the manner that you did will earn you negative rep, that's just the way it is. If you feel negative rep is uncalled for, you can appeal to the mods/admins of the site.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    I'll say it, Baiting LEO's............

He was looking to get a confrontation, and he got it...........
    as others have posted..please explain how he was 'baiting' LEO when he's carrying his gun how the law in the town (or whatever it is) states he has to carry it.

You paint a real guns muzzle orange, you are asking for trouble.
    Grow the fuck up.........
    it's like saying that OCing is asking for trouble..give me a break man. stop being a hypocrite.

That is a good thing!!!!!!!
    I cannot believe you think it's OK for an LEO to infringe upon another persons right when he was lawfully carrying a firearm.

I'm honestly stunned that so many on this forum SMASHED this guy for lawfully carrying his firearm.

are we gun right advocates or are we only 'sometimes' gun right advocates when it's applicable.
    Last edited by andrewjs18; October 1st, 2010 at 05:14 PM.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Indiana County)

Andrew, we were the most supportive forum on the net.
    NRA life member/ILA/PVA/Whittington Center sponsor
    GOA member/Second Amendment Foundation member
    NAHC life member/KECA founding committee member

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    Thats pretty sad. I see this forum is uniformly supportive of only the clear cut cases. Ive seen several where even though the person did nothing illegal they are destroyed here.
    I wouldnt say this forum is very supportive at all.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

I've been kicked off numerous forums because most do not believe that it is a fundamental civil right to bear arms. There are two gun forums that I have found which allow me to post freely about my experiences and cops infringing upon the Second Amendment, georgiapacking.org and pafoa. Opencarry.org whose mission statement is "a right unexercised is a right lost" began censoring my posts which is why I no longer post there.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    I see that, but I cannot understand how some people can criticize this mans actions and call it baiting LEO when some of the stuff we openly do in our areas could also be construed as baiting LEO.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142