Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Just A Quick Check...

I'm new to hunting this year. I'm going with a buddy of mine who happens to be a long time hunter. I'll have my PA hunting license, but I also have my License to Carry Firearms issued in Westmoreland County. From what I found on these forums, I am allowed to conceal and carry my Beretta 92FS while hunting. Is that correct?

I simply would feel safe with protection while out in the middle of the woods. Not that I expect to encounter any evil villains, but you just never know. I want to be sure that's perfectly legal in PA. Any input?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Just A Quick Check...

Legal. Covered many. many times. Citation of law can be found by searching the hunting threads.

Just do not use any firearm not permitted for hunting whatever season you are in (like a semi-auto) to take or even dispatch wounded game.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Legal. Covered many. many times. Citation of law can be found by searching the hunting threads.

Just do not use any firearm not permitted for hunting whatever season you are in (like a semi-auto) to take or even dispatch wounded game.
    Thanks. I had seen other threads on here, but I wanted to get an actual response to that question today. I wanted to make sure there were no changes in law or any special circumstances depending on the season.

I absolutely do not plan on shooting anything with my Beretta. It's simply for protection.

(Monroe County)

It's legal to carry concealed with your LTCF. Don't need to explain it to us, we're all here for the same reason. Better to have it and not need it as they say....
    Just remember you can't use your beretta to finish off a deer, just use your rifle till it's done.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Chester County)

If in doubt carry a centerfire revolver, then you can use to dispatch as revolvers are legal to hunt with.

I always carry my .22 minirevolver for protection while afield. No plans to ever use it to dispatch an animal(illegal?), but if I ever get held up by the bedbugs at least I will still have some means to get my shit back, or keep from getting killed.!

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by ppazz1101 View Post
    I simply would feel safe with protection while out in the middle of the woods. Not that I expect to encounter any evil villains, but you just never know.
    Your rifle or shotgun not enough protection? Remind me to avoid the areas you hunt :-)

Just kidding, just kidding...these guys gave good advice and I too carry sometimes while hunting.
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Coop650 View Post
    Your rifle or shotgun not enough protection? Remind me to avoid the areas you hunt :-)

Just kidding, just kidding...these guys gave good advice and I too carry sometimes while hunting.
    Haha... I knew someone would say that. I prefer having a 15 round clip in a semi auto weapon ready to go on my hip. No reloading necessary... not that I miss anyway...

uh oh, it's a magazine inside of a Beretta, better not let them see you do that, lol... but i hear you on Self Defense, I feel nude without my sidearm, hmmm hunting nude???

beefcakecarryanetxramagb0
    Last edited by beefcakeb0; December 3rd, 2009 at 11:51 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
    uh oh, it's a magazine inside of a Beretta, better not let them see you do that, lol...
    What do you mean?

(Schuylkill County)

Just making sure we are using the right terminology. Some folks get upset.

“clips are used to hold cartridges together for quick loading, magazines are used to hold cartridges for feeding into the guns’ chamber”

Here is a nice video that tells you the difference.
    http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/RangeB..._Magazines.wmv
    Last edited by Coops; December 3rd, 2009 at 02:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast