Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Sick of the gamelands

Spent the entire day sitting in my blind and saw nothing. There was so much racket going on around the fields you couldnt hear anything in the woods. I know there couldnt have been that many pheasants in the area. Sounded like a couple of guys just taking pot shots for 2 hours.
    No longer posting

(Washington County)

Default Re: Sick of the gamelands

Thats the way it is if your going to hunt close to fields during small game. I usually tell folks that are archery hunting to look at google maps of the game lands and try to find a natural wooded funnel, This way the small game hunters push the deer into these woodlots. Hope this helps
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

(Monroe County)

You could come over to my house and hang out on our deck. We had a nice 6 pointer come through yesterday morning and if your shooting bow there's no problem with houses to close. Game lands are just 100 yards away from us so we get lots of critters passing by.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    You could come over to my house and hang out on our deck. We had a nice 6 pointer come through yesterday morning and if your shooting bow there's no problem with houses to close. Game lands are just 100 yards away from us so we get lots of critters passing by.
    Ah Tootie , thanks for the offer. To bad your so far away fom me. I just need to go knock on some doors around here and hit up some of the Amish.
    No longer posting

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    Ah Tootie , thanks for the offer. To bad your so far away fom me. I just need to go knock on some doors around here and hit up some of the Amish.
    Good luck with that :P
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    I think that's State Forest land. It was bought w/ taxmoney instead of hunting license funds. The state game lands are hunter funded.

I'm glad to see more deer on the SFL near my cabin in Middle Smithfield and I'm glad you are seeing deer in your backyard as I also hunt that area coming in from the Price Twsp side thought the top half is Barrett...

It seems to be coming back some after three years of seeing almost no deer; we took three out near you last year.
    Last edited by wis bang; November 2nd, 2009 at 01:08 PM.

Gamelands suck because they sold 870,000 doe tags this year. These retards need to realize that State land and private land need to be treated differently. Private land has a ton of deer causing destruction of property, car accidents and overpopulation in urban areas. State land has hardly any deer. Where do most people hunt? State land dumb asses! Sell extra tags for areas with high deer populations and make them only available for private land.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Gamelands suck because they sold 870,000 doe tags this year. These retards need to realize that State land and private land need to be treated differently. Private land has a ton of deer causing destruction of property, car accidents and overpopulation in urban areas. State land has hardly any deer. Where do most people hunt? State land dumb asses! Sell extra tags for areas with high deer populations and make them only available for private land.

Yes gamelands suck and will forever, Riverpirate if you lived closer i got over 800acres of land i would let you come hunt with us.

(Carbon County)

Yoder,

I agree with you. I do not think the game commission knows or cares to know what is going on. The game lands typically suck. Some are hard to find. Many are next to impossible to access. The private landowners typically do the exact opposite of what the PGC does. If they allow any public hunting at all, they ban doe hunting. The game lands are merely play lands for 4 wheelers.

I ran in to an elderly hunter today who was telling me about how he was denied access to his favorite game lands by some jerk who bought up the adjoining land. The land owner made him go far out of his way to get on the game land. At some later date he caught this same land owner running his 4 wheeler all over the game lands. When he told the 4 wheeler that he was breaking the law, the guy tried to make a deal, allowing him his former access and even offering to transport any deer he might shoot, on his 4 wheeler.

This is a mere fraction of what goes on.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    Yes gamelands suck and will forever, Riverpirate if you lived closer i got over 800acres of land i would let you come hunt with us.
    Why does everyone live so far away ? lol
    No longer posting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast