Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Radnor Township Crime Alert

I know its not Upper Darby, but here's a heads up for those of you in my 'hood!! Got this by email:

Radnor Township Crime Alert

The Radnor Township Police Department has issued the following crime alert. On Thursday evening, 9-10-2009, at 9:39PM Radnor Police responded to the unit block of Lowry's Lane in the Rosemont section of the township for a report of an interrupted burglary. The resident reported that he was asleep and awoke when he believed that he heard a person inside his residence.The homeowner yelled out to the subject who then fled the residence on foot. The homeowner did not see the subject and could only describe him as a male by his voice. Entry into the residence may have been through a basement window.

Radnor Police are continuing to investigate this incident and any persons with information regarding this incident are asked to contact the Radnor Police Department Investigations Unit at 610-688-0503.

The Radnor Police would like to remind all homeowners to ensure that your doors and windows are locked. If your residence is equipped with a security alarm system, that system should be active when away from the residence and during night time hours. Radnor Police will be providing extra patrols in the Rosemont/Bryn Mawr/Garrett Hill sections of the township.

This message is brought to you as a service from the Radnor Township Emergency Alert System.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Radnor Township Crime Alert

I don't think he'll be coming by my house anytime soon. (Although I'll alert the ex wife who lives on Lowry's Lane.)

Just the racket the dogs make if you walk up my driveway is enough to scare most folks away. Got two of these...

DM
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Delaware County)

Mastiffs are the greatest dogs. I wanted one so bad, my wife said our house/yard was too small, so we ended uo with two little boston bulldogs. They bark a lot, but the male is only 40lbs, so they aren't gonna do much!

(Luzerne County)

If I might ask. How did they get your email address?

Quote Originally Posted by dm_n_stuff View Post
    I don't think he'll be coming by my house anytime soon. (Although I'll alert the ex wife who lives on Lowry's Lane.)

Just the racket the dogs make if you walk up my driveway is enough to scare most folks away. Got two of these...

Nice dog. I am thinking Mastiff for one of my next dogs.

DM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    Mastiffs are the greatest dogs. I wanted one so bad, my wife said our house/yard was too small, so we ended uo with two little boston bulldogs. They bark a lot, but the male is only 40lbs, so they aren't gonna do much!
    Small house you say. The wife and I have a small mining house. Three sons. Three cats. Two Saint Bernards, and one Rottweiler.

Nobodies coming through my front door with out my knowing it.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    If I might ask. How did they get your email address?

Small house you say. The wife and I have a small mining house. Three sons. Three cats. Two Saint Bernards, and one Rottweiler.

Nobodies coming through my front door with out my knowing it.

Its a "sign-up on their website" deal. I used to work for the township, basically they have an email "group" that gets pertinent info, if so requested. I basically use it because they email school closing info as soon as the decision is made, which is pretty nice. You do have a full house! I have two little guys as well along with the dogs. The issue we have here is lot size. Most homes are on postage stamp lots, not a lot of room for a big dog to roam. When I was in college in NC I had a redbone coonhound, so I am familiar with how far a dog will roam if they are given the opportunity!!

(Delaware County)

They don't really want a big yard.

Mastiffs are considered one of the best APARTMENT dogs because they're not all that active. short walk couple time a day is all they want or need. Most of the time they just tussle with each other for entertainment and exercise. We're on less than half an acre, althoug we're moving to a house with an acre and a half in Radnor Twp. Bijou is 175 lbs, and Gracie at 5 months is about 60.

We have the two mastiffs, and a cat, and four kids (well two still at home), and we don't get crowded out by them except when both dogs hop up onto the bed.

Nothing nicer than 9,000,000 lbs. of dogs in the bed with ya.

But great disposition and personality, along with superior guarding skills in a very laid back kind of way. They ALWAYS step in between us and the front door whenever someone wants in. They're friendly, but firm about not allowing admittance if they don't know you.

And they don't drool nearly as much as rumored.

All in all, best dogs that have ever owned me.

DM

(Luzerne County)

Mastiffs are considered one of the best APARTMENT dogs because they're not all that active. short walk couple time a day is all they want or need. Most of the time they just tussle with each other for entertainment and exercise. We're on less than half an acre, althoug we're moving to a house with an acre and a half in Radnor Twp. Bijou is 175 lbs, and Gracie at 5 months is about 60.

We have the two mastiffs, and a cat, and four kids (well two still at home), and we don't get crowded out by them except when both dogs hop up onto the bed.

But great disposition and personality, along with superior guarding skills in a very laid back kind of way. They ALWAYS step in between us and the front door whenever someone wants in. They're friendly, but firm about not allowing admittance if they don't know you.

DM

Its pretty much the same with the Saints and Rotti. But they do have their moments with the drool.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Delaware County)

DM

Thats what I found when I did my research as well, but I lost that fight. An acre and a half in Radnor, are you moving onto the high school football field!?!?! Seriously though, good for you, there isnt much open space left around here. Everytime I take my son to the Willows to feed the ducks I stare longingly at Ardrossen Farms and that whole area.

(Delaware County)

Thats what I found when I did my research as well, but I lost that fight. An acre and a half in Radnor, are you moving onto the high school football field!?!?! Seriously though, good for you, there isnt much open space left around here. Everytime I take my son to the Willows to feed the ducks I stare longingly at Ardrossen Farms and that whole area.
    Well, we've certainly hijacked this thread.

Ardrossen is still 400+ acres, despite their having sold a couple of pretty big chunks of it off over the years.

Yup. My parents built their house in 1951 on about an acre and a half. Even better, the entire neighborhood is built in such a way as all the homes have contiguous back yards in a giant square, so that works out to about a ten acre semi open space, ringed by houses on the perimeter. Only down side is there are several dozen deer in the woods behind the houses.

I suspect my dogs will help them decide that another back yard may be a better place to hang out than mine.

When my mom passed away a few months ago, my wife asked if we could do some remodeling and move into her old house. Sounded like a good idea to me.

So gonna sell the house in Villanova, and move across town.

DM

(Delaware County)

Sounds like a plan to me!

Incidentally, if your dogs don't take care of the deer for you, I have a buddy from high school (Radnor) who has started a VERY popular program which hooks up local archery hunters with local land/home owners who need a deer or two gone and some meet in the freezer. He has always been huge into hunting, fishing, and conservation efforts, as has his whole family. People started approaching him about their deer issues, which he was happy to help with. Soon he had more customers than he could handle, so he set up the organization. Last time I talked to him, he had something like 100 hunters and 300 properties, all within maybe 30-45 minutes!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast