Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default ~ Just Curious ~ How Big a Crime does it take to Get BANNED on this Board?

~ Just Curious ~ How Big a Crime does it take to Get BANNED on this Board?

Not that I'm trying to push the envelope or anything.

But . . . I was in a tentative swap deal with a member who has a couple of hundred postings on the count meter. Tried to reply to a PM of a few days ago and was just a little while ago . . . blocked. Then I noticed below his user name was the word "BANNED". Check that same user name on the general register list and it's not there anymore.

Is this like eBay where a person is shut down on some perceived politically correct infraction? Or does a guy have be a real lowlife scumbag to get BANNED from this board?

Thanks . . .
    Last edited by Capt Quahog; August 30th, 2009 at 12:23 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: ~ Just Curious ~ How Big a Crime does it take to Get BANNED on this Board?

Bans are often temporary. When you break the forum rules, mods can issue an infraction. Depending how many "points" the infraction is worth, you may automatically be banned for a day, a week, or whatever. The commonest reasons for bans seem to be losing your temper and totally going off on a fellow board member, or indulging in hate or racism. It's often subtle, because a thread gradually heats up until someone crosses the line and gets an infraction. Whatever post set him off is usually borderline, so he's probably indignant that he got banned and the other guy didn't.

In anycase, he'll probably be back. When he's back you can PM him. If you have more serious problems, you can contact a mod.

(Washington County)

Default Re: ~ Just Curious ~ How Big a Crime does it take to Get BANNED on this Board?

Pretty much the same thing you'd have to do to get thrown out of one of your buddies houses.

Just don't act like a jerk off and you'll be fine. Nobody likes a jerk off

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Quahog View Post
    ~ Just Curious ~ How Big a Crime does it take to Get BANNED on this Board?

Not that I'm trying to push the envelope or anything.

But . . . I was in a tentative swap deal with a member who has a couple of hundred postings on the count meter. Tried to reply to a PM of a few days ago and was just a little while ago . . . blocked. Then I noticed below his user name was the word "BANNED". Check that same user name on the general register list and it's not there anymore.

The odd part was that the member's user name included the word "SHADY". Honest to gawd! I'm not clever enough to make this stuff up.

Is this like eBay where a person is shut down on some perceived politically correct infraction? Or does a guy have be a real lowlife scumbag to get BANNED from this board?

Thanks . . .
    Here is a list of important stuff for new members to go through. Read through these links and it will help you tremendously. :*notice the bold*

Members, please use the correct forums

Best single source of firearm information here

Where you can and can't carry

The U.F.A. (Pa. firearm related laws) Sections are also available in our reference library, the link to which is located at the top of each page here..

Common acronyms

Forum rules

How rules are enforced here

Reputation points guide

How to report a post

Rules for classified section posts

Open Carry primer

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Monroe County)

Actually, I'm not asking because there's any plan to "act up" or "go postal" or anything. It's Just that we had a little deal cookin and his user name disappeared too.

With that said . . . Why are you using my picture likeness in your Avatar? Yes . . .that's me with Model 1911 Colt when I younger and somewhat better looking. Do you have a signed release document and certified receipt for the required $8,739 as the one-year user's royalty fee? Hmmmm?

Better watch out . . . Copyright Infringement as well as Defamation of Character are serious issues. If my eight plus grand ain't received by Monday at noon, you shall hear from my attorneys . . . .

That's the law firm of " Dewey, Cheatem and Howe ".

(Montgomery County)

Actually, I'm not asking because there's any plan to "act up" or "go postal" or anything. It's Just that we had a little deal cookin and his user name disappeared too.
    With that said . . . Why are you using my picture likeness in your Avatar? Yes . . .that's me with Model 1911 Colt when I younger and somewhat better looking. Do you have a signed release document and certified receipt for the required $8,739 as the one-year user's royalty fee? Hmmmm?

Better watch out . . . Copyright Infringement as well as Defamation of Character are serious issues. If my eight plus grand ain't received by Monday at noon, you shall hear from my attorneys . . . .

That's the law firm of " Dewey, Cheatem and Howe ".

I can pretty much guarantee that if you were working on a deal with slimshady, he'll make good on it. Try to send him an email from his profile - if worse comes to worse, I can probably get a hold of him for you.

I think I read in the thread he got banned over that it was not a permaband. So he should be back eventually. It seems that he and and another member exchanged some words.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    I can pretty much guarantee that if you were working on a deal with slimshady, he'll make good on it. Try to send him an email from his profile - if worse comes to worse, I can probably get a hold of him for you.

I think I read in the thread he got banned over that it was not a permaband. So he should be back eventually. It seems that he and and another member exchanged some words.
    That's putting it nicely.....

It is not a permaban, as far as I know.

(Monroe County)

"Permaban"?
    So then . . . there must be a "Non-Permaban" too.

"Permaban"! Sounds like a sort of ointment a person would put on their lower extremities to help clear up some kind of annoying rash.

Think that there was an Email someplace with the individual's cell phone #.

Thanks all . . .

(Montgomery County)

So then . . . there must be a "Non-Permaban" too.

"Permaban"! Sounds like a sort of ointment a person would put on their lower extremities to help clear up some kind of annoying rash.

Think that there was an Email someplace with the individual's cell phone #.

Thanks all . . .
    Yeah, depending on the infraction, you either get a ban (for a short time) or a permaban (forever) as in permanent ban.

Like I said, don't fret, slimshady is good to go (dealt with him before). If you guys had a deal, he'll make good on it.

I did send him a PM on another board that we are on to let him know you were asking about him and that he should try to contact you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast