Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Did he hear you ????? Nooooooooooooooooo

What a complete and total POS

Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090812/..._care_protests

WASHINGTON – Sen. Arlen Specter said Wednesday he thinks people who have been angrily disrupting town hall meetings on overhauling the health care system are "not necessarily representative of America," but should be heard.

"It's more than health care," said Specter, 79, who earlier this year left the Republican Party and became a Democrat. "I think there is a mood in America of anger with so many people unemployed, with so much bickering in Washington ... with the fear of losing their health care. It all boils over."

Specter and Sen. Claire McCaskill, a Missouri Democrat, appeared on a nationally broadcast news show Wednesday, a day after town hall meetings they hosted erupted in the same kind of catcalls, jeers and shouting that has characterized many such forums in recent weeks. "There were a couple of tough moments," McCaskill said of her experience, "but it lasted two hours and there were thousands of people there."

Jeers and taunts drowned out both Specter and McCaskill on occasion Tuesday. President Barack Obama was treated more respectfully at his town hall meeting in New Hampshire.

"You'll be gone, by God the bureaucrats will still be here," one man told Specter at a session in Lebanon, Pa.

"If they don't let us vent our frustrations out, they will have a revolution," Mary Ann Fieser of Hillsboro, Mo., told McCaskill at her Missouri health care forum. McCaskill admonished the rowdy crowd, saying "I don't understand this rudeness. I honestly don't get it."

The bitter sessions underscored the challenge for the administration as it tries to win over an increasingly skeptical public on the costly and far-reaching task of revamping the nation's health care system. Desperate to stop a hardening opposition, the White House created a Web site to dispel what it says are smears and House Democrats set up a health care "war room" out of Majority Leader Steny Hoyer's office to help lawmakers handle questions.

Specter, who had another such forum scheduled Wedneday at State College, Pa., said he had been "impressed with the fact that people have been very well prepared." He said many have come to meetings with copies of the legislation and have cited specific provisions in their arguments.

"These people have a right to be organized," the senator said on CBS's "The Early Show."

"I'm not going to complain about being organized. They have a right to speak," he said, "but I think we have to explain, they're not necessarily representative of America. I think they're vocal. I don't think they're representative."

Specter said he didn't think people opposed to various health care proposals have a right to disrupt public meetings on the issue.

Obama answered his critics indirectly. At his town hall in Portsmouth, N.H., he urged Americans to ignore those who try to "scare and mislead the American people," telling a cordial audience, "For all the scare tactics out there, what is truly scary is if we do nothing."

McCaskill said she was "proud of the people that showed up and I don't take that personally."

"It's that they don't trust government right now," she said on NBC's "Today" show.

"It wasn't the majority of the audience, it was a huge chunk of them," she said. "But I get that distrust. There's a lot of cynicism out there and it's important that I get out there and listen to that."

Many people "have a lot of pent-up frustration about what has happened over the past six months because it's come fast and furious," McCaskill said.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Did he hear you ????? Nooooooooooooooooo

... President Barack Obama was treated more respectfully at his town hall meeting in New Hampshire.
    Amazing what pre-screening the audience will do. PBO is cunning enough to take advantage of the techniques made SOP by his predecessor to simply exclude all dissenters.

i.e. "town hall meeting" = staged photo/sound byte -op.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    (SNIP)

Many people "have a lot of pent-up frustration about what has happened over the past six months because it's come fast and furious," McCaskill said.
    Uh, wrong, Claire.

The pent-up frustration comes from two places -

1) Americans read the heathcare bill, unlike you. And they don't like what's in it. They recognize that they're being lied to by you and the One.

2) They also don't like being subjected to Alinsky-style attack politics, nor do they appreciate the condescension from politicians like you and Arlen.

(Berks County)

Not representative of THEIR America. People are tired of self centered, unresponsive government that feels entitled to OUR paychecks.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    Amazing what pre-screening the audience will do. PBO is cunning enough to take advantage of the techniques made SOP by his predecessor to simply exclude all dissenters.

I believe that there was a guy who legally carried a gun to the town hall meeting with Obama.

Clip of said man getting berated by liberal scum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGUfsfJTX88
    Last edited by autotech6506; August 12th, 2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: embed video

(Jefferson County)

Specter is correct, protests aren't representative of America...

Revolting against the established government with personally owned firearms is how we do it..

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by autotech6506 View Post
    I believe that there was a guy who legally carried a gun to the town hall meeting with Obama.

Clip of said man getting berated by liberal scum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGUfsfJTX88
    He was not AT the Town Hall meeting. He was down the road standing in a church lot - You know, a "protest zone." http://www.prisonplanet.com/proteste...town-hall.html
    [ETA: Evidently still close by though - http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...1/2026745.aspx]

Matthews is obviously as smart guy, but really acts like an ASS.
    Last edited by -JD-; August 12th, 2009 at 03:02 PM.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Lancaster County)

Should read: Specter is not a representative of America...or PA for that matter.

79 & looks like he has one foot in the grave as it is, does this mean he has officially reached Zombie status?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post

You and I know damn well they screened the audience and they screened the questions at Obama's town hall rally in NH. There was an 8 year old girl that got to ask Obama "why are all those people outside protecting against your wonderful healthcare". Turns out her mother is a huge Obama supporter, you know they used that little girl as propoganda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast