Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Thumbs up Great experience at Targetmaster

I've read many of the negative reviews about Targetmaster and really don't understand where they come from. I understand that not everyone is going to agree with their policies or procedures but I've been going there for the last (4) months and have nothing but good experiences. There ammo policies for the range are posted and other than .223 you only have to buy their ammo if your renting one of their guns. The range is always clean and they always seem to have ammo even in these lean times. I bought my first handgun there and it was great because I was able to shoot the gun I was interested because they had it on their range rental program. The staff is very knowledgable and have always been friendly to me. I have seen some customers get nasty because they didn't agree with the range policy but I truly beleive that the staff are just acting in the interest of safety. Well, I will continue to go there and highly recommend giving them your business or at least stop in and check it out.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Great experience at Targetmaster

You might be the first person here ever to post something positive about that place. Prices suck, so does their range IMHO.

If you want a nice indoor place where you could take the family, try Ready Aim Fire over in Bristol. Targetmaster couldn't hold a candle to those guys over there.

Glad to hear that you had a good time over there, but you should spend your money someplace else.

(Chester County)

I live in the vicinity of Targetmaster and have never been there. I know a lot of people who shoot there, have shot there and who have purchased guns there. Mostly gun novices, so they have nothing to compare to. I cannot believe the amount of negative comments I read about the place, yet folks still seem to flock there.

wanted to bump this back up for joe and joe at target master. i was there last night to buy a used pistol. while waiting to be helped i listened to joe(with the beard) check some new shooters into the range. he was very polite and did a very good job explaining the way the range works to these guys. i dealt with the other joe who was also very plesent and answered all the questions i had for him. just wanted to say thanks guys

while its very easy to get on the TM bashing bus about there ammo policy(i have bashed them also). i find it a very easy fix. i dont shoot there. not saying i wouldnt, i have once when i made a purchase. its not the policy of the guys behind the counter. its the owners policy so lets give the guys a break.

i have also found there handgun prices to be pretty fair. last night was my thrid purchase from them all being handguns. on the other hand some of there rifle prices are just plain crazy but if you dont like you dont have to buy.

great job joe and joe keep up the excellent work. thanks for a good experience. i will be back again in the future. take care, ron

(Delaware County)

Thumbs up Re: Great experience at Targetmaster

Quote Originally Posted by culatar View Post
    You might be the first person here ever to post something positive about that place. Prices suck, so does their range IMHO.

If you want a nice indoor place where you could take the family, try Ready Aim Fire over in Bristol. Targetmaster couldn't hold a candle to those guys over there.

Glad to hear that you had a good time over there, but you should spend your money someplace else.
    + 1 for RAF Nice guys nice range. It just goes to show ya you can keep an eye on the range without being a range Nazi.

(Chester County)

I have shot at Targetmaster and have not had any real problems. I can take or leave their range as I can shoot at the club I belong to anytime and its closer to drive to than TM.

Yes their staff are sometimes not the quickest to jump at a person standing by the counter, but I guess that comes from dealing with alot of retards. That'd be enough to turn anyone into a state employee(aka Zombie). One thing I will say though is, you go there to buy handgun ammo, you're almost guaranteed they'll have it. Can't say that about alot of places these days. What little handgun ammo I've needed recently, I've bought there because there is nowhere else around right now that has any. And I find their prices to be on par with Wal-mart for some calibers.