Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Robinson Twp. Conversation at the Gas Stn Tonight

So, I was at the gas station toninght, and struck up a conversation with a Robinson Twp. LEO tonight. I had commented that they were carrying .45 Sigs these days. As our conversation continued for about 15 minutes, I had asked if he had seen people "open carrying." He said yes, that he has had personal experience with it, in the Robinson Mall. He said that someone was open carrying in the mall, and that they had gotten a call. He approached the person and started off by telling the person that he knew it was legal, but the sign on the mall says that no firearms are allowed. The person proceeded to tell him it was "legal" and his response (according to hime) was that he understood that, but the mall policy states that they restrict it. The person gave him a "flyer" according to him, and he said that he was not arguing the law with the person. Then he said the person said (and I paraphrase) something about a "patsy". He said, I don't need to, I see your holstered firearm, "I'm only asking you to leave and put the gun locked your car, or leave completely."

I was a little embarrased when the cop, who seemed pretty cool said that he then got trashed on "some online message board related to pennsylvania firearems something or other." Those were his words, not mine.

Those of us who open carry, let's remember we represent alot of people in our behavior. I only have his side of the story, but it seemed to point to one of us, and our web community. Again, it was his side of the story, truth or not, it was his "interpretation" of the occurrance.

OK, now let the trashing of St. Marys begin....

Default Re: Robinson Twp. Conversation at the Gas Stn Tonight

Just as not all people who are exercising their 1st Amendment rights are noble, and not all people who assert their 5th Amendment rights are guilty of anything, it's true that not every citizen with a gun is helping our side.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Monroe County)

Great point GunLawyer001. I think some who open carry may be anticipating a confrontation with the cops and go into their preplanned talking points without processing the police officers statements.

Quote Originally Posted by st.marys View Post
    So, I was at the gas station toninght, and struck up a conversation with a Robinson Twp. LEO tonight. I had commented that they were carrying .45 Sigs these days. As our conversation continued for about 15 minutes, I had asked if he had seen people "open carrying." He said yes, that he has had personal experience with it, in the Robinson Mall. He said that someone was open carrying in the mall, and that they had gotten a call. He approached the person and started off by telling the person that he knew it was legal, but the sign on the mall says that no firearms are allowed. The person proceeded to tell him it was "legal" and his response (according to hime) was that he understood that, but the mall policy states that they restrict it. The person gave him a "flyer" according to him, and he said that he was not arguing the law with the person. Then he said the person said (and I paraphrase) something about a "patsy". He said, I don't need to, I see your holstered firearm, "I'm only asking you to leave and put the gun locked your car, or leave completely."

I was a little embarrased when the cop, who seemed pretty cool said that he then got trashed on "some online message board related to pennsylvania firearems something or other." Those were his words, not mine.

Those of us who open carry, let's remember we represent alot of people in our behavior. I only have his side of the story, but it seemed to point to one of us, and our web community. Again, it was his side of the story, truth or not, it was his "interpretation" of the occurrance.

OK, now let the trashing of St. Marys begin....
    I remember that thread, and, I agree with the leo, the mall is private property, if the person was an ass, he deserved what he got.

(Lebanon County)

Private property. If you are asked to leave you must leave. You can take it up with corporate later.

Having said that I have reason to believe that cops and OCers don't always remember things the same way. And I'm being very polite about that.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    Private property. If you are asked to leave you must leave. You can take it up with corporate later.

Having said that I have reason to believe that cops and OCers don't always remember things the same way. And I'm being very polite about that.
    Exactly. Property owner rights prevail. No need to debate things, no need to argue rights, no need to negotiate - just leave. Nobody wants me pitching camp in their front yard then debating squatter's rights with them as they, or their designated representatives, ask me to leave.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    I remember that thread, and, I agree with the leo, the mall is private property, if the person was an ass, he deserved what he got.
    Remember it out loud for the rest of us. I searched and could only find montoya's encounter there and that doesn't jive with this story even a little...

If it went down like the cop said, then the cop didn't get trashed here, if it didn't, well, ....

We do a fine job of presenting ourselves around here, IMO. There is no need to be looking over our shoulders when we post. Follow the rules, and state your opinons. Anyone reading here that doesn't like it, too bad. As has been shown time and again, asshats will misquote and take things out of context to fit their spin, nothing to be done about it. If they catch a bad post from one or two out of 20000, nothing to be done about that either.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Monroe County)

Yeah it was that trouble maker. The one who endured 3 weeks of neg rep before going green. Thats all I'll say.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Yeah it was that trouble maker. The one who endured 3 weeks of neg rep before going green. Thats all I'll say.
    Mickey01023? I think that was Dickson City, not Robinson, and didn't involve a cop.....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(York County)

This might be the event of which he spoke:

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...inson-twp.html

I don't know for sure....
    ID
    Last edited by ImminentDanger; July 28th, 2009 at 04:12 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast