Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Sotomayor Vote pushed back one week !!!

Sotomayors Vote for the Supreme Court pushed back one week... Wow could we see a NO vote coming...... Sorry no website to refer this I heard this first hand on the NRA news....
    Gt

(York County)

Default Re: Sotomayor Vote pushed back one week !!!

I got to watch some of the questioning from republicans. I've never seen someone BS so freaking much. Also she said she isn't sure if she believes in the right to self-defense. WTF. Yea I think they are trying to get enough votes to confirm her and they are having trouble. it's gonna be close I think.

(Lycoming County)

I don't understand the republicans that are planning on voteing for her. I feel they should be stripped of their titles and forced to walk through the streets in their underwear while the towns folk through fruit at them.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gtbullet View Post
    Sotomayors Vote for the Supreme Court pushed back one week... Wow could we see a NO vote coming...... Sorry no website to refer this I heard this first hand on the NRA news....
    Nah, it's not a "no" vote. I read something today that indicated that they wanted more time to review materials related to her judicial history, I think. I'm just cynical enough to believe that there's a back room deal being brokered: The Dems get their "historic first hispanic!" (despite the fact that Bush-43 actually put forth a Hispanic nominee who was quickly shot down) with wide bipartisan support, and the GOP gets.... uh, who knows what yet.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    Nah, it's not a "no" vote. I read something today that indicated that they wanted more time to review materials related to her judicial history, I think. I'm just cynical enough to believe that there's a back room deal being brokered: The Dems get their "historic first hispanic!" (despite the fact that Bush-43 actually put forth a Hispanic nominee who was quickly shot down) with wide bipartisan support, and the GOP gets.... uh, who knows what yet.
    Awh,,,,, come on, a man can dream can't he,,,,,,,,,,
    Gt

It won't go well with the Blue Dog Democrats to go home and try to explain that it's about the Latino vote and not about the 2A. That's got to be a tough sell.

Also heard that some of the moderate Republicans have already indicated that they'll be voting to confirm.
    Divided we ever have been, and ever must be.Two thirds always had and will have more difficulty to struggle with the one third than with all our foreign enemies. - John Adams

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JLR666 View Post
    I don't understand the republicans that are planning on voteing for her. I feel they should be stripped of their titles and forced to walk through the streets in their underwear while the towns folk through fruit at them.
    Politics is give and take. They may have agreed to vote for her in exchange for democratic votes for the national reciprocity amendment. Shes an lefty replacing a lefty so it doesn't change the demographic of the supreme court so its not any kind of loss to the right. She gets on the SC and things stay exactly as they were.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Monroe County)

Maybe they are trading the national reciprocity act for her confirmation?......

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Monroe County)

You guys clearly aren't thinking.

They vote and approve the Interstate carry, all the dems look great because it passed in a majority Dem congress! Yay they aren't gun control nazi's anymore!!!

Then they approve (with republicans help) Sotomayor who will be the 5/4 decision on it being unconstitutional and it will be striken down but they can't blame Congress since they passed it

The dems now have that as a great platform when they run for re-election... the exact opposite of gun control goes into effect and they are the pro-gun congress!

It also will "shut up" the critics who say Obama is anti-gun and refused to vote for him because of that.

But I'm just guessing
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast