Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Arrow Ya know...someone's getting a good laugh at my expense today.

So our van had started making a whining sound in the last week or so. (It's a plymouth voyager. 90 something) Last night I have 4 kids in it and it's full of groceries on the way home from my son's rifle practice and it doesn't seem to want to shift right. I'm thinking transmission for sure but really I'm thinking PLEASE just let me get home with the kids and groceries. PLEASE!

We make it home.

FFWD to this morning. I call AAA to come and tow it to the garage. (Kids are PISSED. No swimming today.)

Next, I call the garage (or so I thought). I get a machine which I think is odd and I almost don't leave a message but I figure they must be busy and I want to let them know it's coming and why. I say something along the lines of "hey Chris, it's Meleanie. Just wanted to let you know our van is being towed over there this morning. The transmission seems to be slipping or something and it had started making a whining sound..." you get the idea.

I hang up and think about it for a minute and how the machine didn't even say the business name. Just a bland "we can't come to the phone" kind of thing. I decide to redial and look at the number. Sure enough...first three digits of the mechanic are 376 and I dialed 367. So...some poor guy is going to get that message and think "sorry lady. I can't fix your van! Ooops!

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Ya know...someone's getting a good laugh at my expense today.

THAT WAS YOU! I thought I was getting pranked! lol

sidenote.... QUIT DRIVING VEHICLES!!! YOU'RE KILLING EVERY ONE OF THEM!!!! haha
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Monroe County)

LOL, Don't feel bad I've done similar things. Like calling some poor guy and asking if they carried Maggie Sottero gowns. The guy was like 'Ummmm no", lol. (wrong area code)

(Philadelphia County)

Done the same thing, too. For my part, I kept calling what I thought was my friend's number and leaving messages. After WEEKS of not getting a return call, I finally checked the number I programmed on my cell phone. OOPS!

At least the messages were not about gowns, Tootie, but they were about playing ice hockey.

(Mercer County)

Three words: Cash For Clunkers.

Don't thank me...thank the Most Merciful Lord Barack Obama.

(Susquehanna County)

I always answer wrong numbers with He/shes not here right now I'll have him/her return your call as soon as they come home. But then I answer surveys call with I'll answer your questions if you answer mine, Me first what color underwear are you wearing

(Northampton County)

I've done this, but never as hilariously as this has been done to me...

I received a call one night around 9pm from a girl telling me she was at my front door for the party...which was interesting because I was having a party but in a college dorm room, not at a house. I told her I thought she had the wrong number, to which she calmly and politely proceeded to say:

"WHY THE F#CK DO YOU ALWAYS DO THIS TO ME, BRIAN (my name is not Brian)? EVERY TIME YOU CALL ME UP WHEN YOU ARE HOME AND INVITE ME OVER THEN DITCH ME? I CAN SEE ALL THE PEOPLE THERE FOR THE PARTY? YOU JUST CALL ME UP AND USE ME THEN..." You get the idea. This went on for a good four minutes on speakerphone with my friends and I nearly dying and not saying a word...

After this four minute rant about how I (as Brian apparently) was the most horrible person ever, only used her for hookups over breaks, and never hung out with her in public, she proceeds to say:

her: "This isn't Brian?"
    Me: "No"
    her: "Well you sound just like Brian"
    Me: "Ok..."
    her: "Well Brian's an asshole"
    Me: "..."
    her: "Well you sound cute...what's your name?"
    Me: "Well you sound like a psycho b*tch..." click

Best...wrong number...ever...
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by US Militiaman View Post
    I've done this, but never as hilariously as this has been done to me...

I received a call one night around 9pm from a girl telling me she was at my front door for the party...which was interesting because I was having a party but in a college dorm room, not at a house. I told her I thought she had the wrong number, to which she calmly and politely proceeded to say:

"WHY THE F#CK DO YOU ALWAYS DO THIS TO ME, BRIAN (my name is not Brian)? EVERY TIME YOU CALL ME UP WHEN YOU ARE HOME AND INVITE ME OVER THEN DITCH ME? I CAN SEE ALL THE PEOPLE THERE FOR THE PARTY? YOU JUST CALL ME UP AND USE ME THEN..." You get the idea. This went on for a good four minutes on speakerphone with my friends and I nearly dying and not saying a word...

After this four minute rant about how I (as Brian apparently) was the most horrible person ever, only used her for hookups over breaks, and never hung out with her in public, she proceeds to say:

her: "This isn't Brian?"
    Me: "No"
    her: "Well you sound just like Brian"
    Me: "Ok..."
    her: "Well Brian's an asshole"
    Me: "..."
    her: "Well you sound cute...what's your name?"
    Me: "Well you sound like a psycho b*tch..." click

Best...wrong number...ever...
    So much WIN!!!! So few words to describe it. lol
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Lackawanna County)

When I lived in Stroudsburg, I used to get calls all the time for an upscale restaurant called the Beaver House. First call got the obligatory "sorry, wrong number". If the phone rang again in a few seconds, I would answer it "Beaver House".

Over the course of seven years I estimate I took about 200 reservations from parties ranging from 2 to 40, lol. I would have loved to have been there when some of the larger parties showed up, thinking they had reservations.

(Lebanon County)

Well many moons ago when the very first tickle me elmo doll came out I knew two girls who were roommates and their number was ONE digit off from the local toys r us. they got an INSANE amount of calls from people wanting that doll and wanting to know if they could reserve it etc. They would mess with people so bad telling them they had just gotten a bunch in and sure they'd hold one etc. This is when the thing was so hard to find too. I bet toys r us was getting a lot of complaints.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast