Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Thumbs up NRA may challenge lost-gun ordinance in Lancaster

An official with the National Rifle Association said Monday that his organization might challenge Lancaster's new firearms ordinance.

Hum, This could help those poor folks in Lancaster Pa......

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/238875
    Gt

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: NRA may challenge lost-gun ordinance in Lancaster

I read some where that mayor Gray had said he was not worried a challange from the NRA becouse the Brady bunch had already promesed to help fight off any court battle.

(Montgomery County)

I'm just curious about that. While I don't agree with the fines why wouldn't you report a stolen firearm?
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mudd View Post
    I'm just curious about that. While I don't agree with the fines why wouldn't you report a stolen firearm?
    It's not about it being stolen, it's about reporting it in 24 hours part. So you go on vacation, your house is robbed, and you come home 7 days later and call it in. BOOM, not withing 24 hours. Or you don't notice it missing, and a LEO asks you, "when is the last time you saw it?" Oh, a month ago? BUSTED!!

It is a stupid law!! But the DUMB politicians can say they are doing stuff and taking on the NRA. This guy Grey in Lancaster has started many illegal laws, loud pipes on Motorcycles and other idiot laws. He thinks of himself as protector of the "plain man"! He's just another Rendell asshat!!
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Delaware County)

Forgot to add that these local towns have no legal right to make a law that pre emptive of an already existing State law.

PA's Uniform Firearms Act says municipalities CAN NOT do this!!
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Lackawanna County)

I was just thinking about something:

Don't the rules in Lancaster City require that a potential bill be 'read' at three meetings before it moves on to being voted on?

If this was introduced and passed in a single session, it is an illegal ordinance on its face, notwithstanding the preemption violation.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
    It's not about it being stolen, it's about reporting it in 24 hours part. So you go on vacation, your house is robbed, and you come home 7 days later and call it in. BOOM, not withing 24 hours. Or you don't notice it missing, and a LEO asks you, "when is the last time you saw it?" Oh, a month ago? BUSTED!!

It is a stupid law!! But the DUMB politicians can say they are doing stuff and taking on the NRA. This guy Grey in Lancaster has started many illegal laws, loud pipes on Motorcycles and other idiot laws. He thinks of himself as protector of the "plain man"! He's just another Rendell asshat!!

First off, let me say I in no way agree with passing this law or any other gun laws. I agree that its a stupid law, but the law says you have 72 hours from the time you notice and even if not, then the cops have to prove you knew it was gone (still not the point I don't get). I realize that local government can't make their own gun laws and I don't really agree that this law will actually do anything but hurt legal gun owners but how can you not know a gun is missing? Thats the only part I don't get. I guess I just don't have that many guns that I wouldn't miss one if it were gone. I also don't leave them laying around while I'm not home and keep them all in a safe when I'm gone.

I fully believe that politicians find it easier to make up new and ineffective laws to please the uneducated public instead of actually enforcing the hundreds of laws that already exist. My wife had no idea how many gun laws were out there, just in this state alone, until I showed her a copy of them. She was down right shocked at the number of them and the number of them that are not enforced just from the crimes we hear about on the news. She now knows why I hate it when they say they want to make new ones and has started to agree with me. She is not into guns and has never been with someone who legally has, shoots, and carries them until we got together, so she never realized the battle between the law makers and the gun owners. I am glad she has become one of the voters who has become aware of the truth in political lies about guns and gun owners.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.