Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: Guns drawn and surrounded by 12 of moon townships finest tonight

Neo, that's where the lawyer comes in, you can do it yourself, but one little mistake and yours case is screwed. I am sure that someone on this board can point you at a lawyer in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo31rex31 View Post
    how would one go about filing a complaint
    You kinda missed the point. A complaint is worthless. Get a lawyer and at LEAST consult with him. A complaint won't get you anywhere.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Allegheny County)

Damn am I tired of this crap. Would it help if the call takers (on the other end of 911) were trained to ask the caller in response to "this person has a gun" where is the gun located? Is it in a holster that is on their belt? IF the answer is "yes" then tell them that there is no problem with that, and dispatch an officer to chat with the caller? I mean, if we are out openly carrying, and not waving the gun around shooting in the air recklessly, or not threatening anyone. Yes, people can "feel threatened" by this but IMHO they need to grow some and get over it.
    "You want more gun control? Use both hands."

(Allegheny County)

NEO, you have a PM
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neo31rex31 View Post
    So i was out walking tonight around moon twp. I always walk in the evening around 10pm. I go out of my house, and make a left down the street to start my walk. 30 min later I end up in the Kmart here in moon, the manager sees me OCing and tells me that he doesn't think that its legal. (i did attempt to educate but it failed) He never asked me to leave, however I did anyway. So i start walking out the door. I cross the street and then proceed across the field in back of the catholic church, then get to the main road in front of moon high school. I started to walk through the Polo Club as i usually do and I came out near forest glen apartments. I walk across the street, get ready to turn down lozer drive, when all of the sudden i have head lights blazing around me.........
    Wait a minute.

I'm not at all suggesting that anything you did was illegal.

However, the rather circuitous route you took could have been misconstrued by a homeowner or passerby that you might have been a prowler (see bolded). Add to that the fact that noting a firearm probably heightened their concern and motivated them to call the police.

If the police had been monitoring your stroll and witnessed the unorthodox path you were taking just prior to making contact, they may have thought the same thing.

Filing a complaint is certainly your prerogative but do consider the circumstances from their PoV.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    Wait a minute.

However, the rather circuitous route you took could have been misconstrued by a homeowner or passerby that you might have been a prowler (see bolded). Add to that the fact that noting a firearm probably heightened their concern and motivated them to call the police.

If the police had been monitoring your stroll and witnessed the unorthodox path you were taking just prior to making contact, they may have thought the same thing.

Filing a complaint is certainly your prerogative but do consider the circumstances from their PoV.

Hence, the advice to consult with an attorney.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    time for some OC get togethers in both Moon and Squirrel Hill. Westies, lets make this happen.

OH, one other thing, GET A LAWYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    moon is a shit kick and a stuble up the hill from me, i'm in!!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Hence, the advice to consult with an attorney.
    That's certainly the first step but I'm not buying it.

You guys are already going for the jugular.

(Allegheny County)

Wait a minute.

very good point, but moon twp. is a very neighbor friendly place and property cutting is always welcome and if the op took this route more than a few times the surrounding property owners know he is okay.

i don't think the officers purposely tried to 1st cav you, they were just doing what they were trained to do( i shoot with the majority of the M.T.P.D.) but they certainly could have kept the guns holstered at least until you have proven yourself a threat for sure.

(York County)

That's certainly the first step but I'm not buying it.

You guys are already going for the jugular.

*bold by me.*
    I disagree. Maybe a couple of folks showing their offense at the first read of this event, but the majority is just plain good advice.

You can always expect to see range of responses to a situation like the one reported in the OP, but IMO these are mostly quite reasonable.

But, "You guys are already going for the jugular." Really? I find your assessment to be just a bit over the top, if you ask me, although no one has.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast