Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am so jealous

(Allegheny County)

Talking I am so jealous

My brother who lives in New Hampshire spends a lot of time down in Honduras doing charity work. He comes home and tells me yesterday he got permission to bring his Sig 226 and carry concealed in country. Guys this is like getting a concealed carry permit in DC.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: I am so jealous

Makes ya wonder about the charity work. Was he helping out Christians in Action?

Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    My brother who lives in New Hampshire spends a lot of time down in Honduras doing charity work. He comes home and tells me yesterday he got permission to bring his Sig 226 and carry concealed in country. Guys this is like getting a concealed carry permit in DC.
    How on earth did he get State AND Honduran Gov't to approve that?? I spent a month in Nicaragua two years ago and it almost took an act of god to get me approved. Maybe it was because I was NOT doing charity work...
    Courage is not the absence of fear but the mastery of it

Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    Wow thats great Good luck to him!
    ΑΣΦ

(Northumberland County)

wow thats cool to be able to carry in another country, he must have pulled a few strings and got permission like concinve the govt he needed it for protection doing missionary work or something like that. If you have a good reason sometimes they approve .

(York County)

Good for him...just make sure he knows the person authorizing him is, in fact, authorized to do so...and that authorization is in writing and from an office high enough in the government to ensure he's not thrown in jail right from the airport
    Last edited by RoyJackson; June 15th, 2009 at 12:44 PM.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Monroe County)

Wow, that's awesome. I mean, it's a right anybody should have, especially if the government can have them. I was talking to a guy who runs a gun shop down the street from me here in Germany and we both got a good laugh at the prospect of me ever bringing a firearm over, let alone being allowed to carry it. Apparently that last one takes an actual act of God...

(Montgomery County)

Very cool!

What is he going to use for his carry rig?
    If you are gong through Hell, keep going.--Winston Churchill

(Allegheny County)

A piece of interesting information. Getting caught with an unregistered chainsaw is far worse than a gun. You might get five years for the gun. The chainsaw is worth at least twenty years behind bars.

Back in the 60's and 70's the country was deforested by foreign lumber companies. Very stringent laws were put in place concerning the cutting down of any trees. You want to build a house the lumber has to come from privately owned timber. You have to prove where every piece of lumber comes from before you can sell or use it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonSmithnotTMD View Post
    Makes ya wonder about the charity work. Was he helping out Christians in Action?
    Its so freaking hard to get that job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast