Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Stopped on foot by local PD

Well it was bound to happen. This happened a week ago and I wasnt going to share but I decided I will.
    Out for my usual evening exercise, walk. New kid in town working a speed check as I walk by I wave, 50 feet later I hear wheels in gravel creeping up on me, then he hits the horn. I stop, start to walk back to passengers window and he gives me the finger- the one that says hold on a minute.lol He jumps out out and asks "the question" Is there some instructor that goes from 1 academy to another teaching "improper " stops to our officers? any way heasks for my License to carry. My head almost exploded off my shoulders! I asked him why do you want my LTCC, this is PA, it is legal to open carry in PA. He tells me he needs to see it again. I flat out told him "NO"
    There is no reason for you to ask and I dont need one to be on foot OC in PA.
    Officer states he wants some id, again the pressure in my head reaches abnormal expansion pressures. I stated I ask why do you need id, I'm out for a walk and you decide on what R.A.S to stop me? Officer states you don't know me andI don't know you, as he takes a step back and puts hand to belt, holster area. Well the pressure popped ...I tell him I am a constable, he is getting no information from me !
    IF he wants to call another officer to confirm id OKAY, if not arrest me and lets get this started.
    another officer rolls up steps out & tells him I'm ok. Officer that stops me says no hard feelings reachs out shakes my hand. I reciprocate.... but I ask 2nd officer is oopen carry legal, do I need a LTCC when OC, is there R.A.S to stop while OC, I get correct info from 2nd officer who knows his stuff and let it go .
    I did go back half an hour later to chat with new officer about OC laws He is a little stubborn so I'm going to see the training officer to make sure everyone is on the same page.
    -Remember the Constitution-

(Berks County)

Default Re: Stopped on foot by local PD

The disturbing part of this story is that you needed to use your position as constable to get him to back off, and had Officer #2 not known you, the situation may not have been diffused. Everyone has that right to OC on foot without a license, not just those that know the officers of the town in which they choose to carry.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

so he was going for his gun because you wouldn't give him ID? JBTuggry at its worst

Cool Re: Stopped on foot by local PD

Quote Originally Posted by nlcrsn View Post
    Well it was bound to happen. This happened a week ago and I wasnt going to share but I decided I will.
    Out for my usual evening exercise, walk. New kid in town working a speed check as I walk by I wave, 50 feet later I hear wheels in gravel creeping up on me, then he hits the horn. I stop, start to walk back to passengers window and he gives me the finger- the one that says hold on a minute.lol He jumps out out and asks "the question" Is there some instructor that goes from 1 academy to another teaching "improper " stops to our officers? any way heasks for my License to carry. My head almost exploded off my shoulders! I asked him why do you want my LTCC, this is PA, it is legal to open carry in PA. He tells me he needs to see it again. I flat out told him "NO"
    There is no reason for you to ask and I dont need one to be on foot OC in PA.
    Officer states he wants some id, again the pressure in my head reaches abnormal expansion pressures. I stated I ask why do you need id, I'm out for a walk and you decide on what R.A.S to stop me? Officer states you don't know me andI don't know you, as he takes a step back and puts hand to belt, holster area. Well the pressure popped ...I tell him I am a constable, he is getting no information from me !
    IF he wants to call another officer to confirm id OKAY, if not arrest me and lets get this started.
    another officer rolls up steps out & tells him I'm ok. Officer that stops me says no hard feelings reachs out shakes my hand. I reciprocate.... but I ask 2nd officer is oopen carry legal, do I need a LTCC when OC, is there R.A.S to stop while OC, I get correct info from 2nd officer who knows his stuff and let it go .
    I did go back half an hour later to chat with new officer about OC laws He is a little stubborn so I'm going to see the training officer to make sure everyone is on the same page.
    He must have forgotten to grab the one buuulllet from his chest pocket and I'm also glad nobody got shot because you were a stranger to "the man"?

(Northampton County)

Holy shit. He was about to draw on a citizen breaking no laws? Scary... scary...

(Mercer County)

Sounds like an epic fail of learning the 2009 MPOETC training...

Congrats on standing your ground. Rep inbound!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Sounds like an epic fail of learning the 2009 MPOETC training...
    Or an epic fail of the training itself...
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

or epic jack booted thuggery.

just had to keep the epicness up in this thread

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by uniballin View Post
    Holy shit. He was about to draw on a citizen breaking no laws? Scary... scary...
    Wow, I agree very scary. Did you explained to the Officer how much trouble he'd have been in for shooting a law abiding citizen?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    The disturbing part of this story is that you needed to use your position as constable to get him to back off, and had Officer #2 not known you, the situation may not have been diffused. Everyone has that right to OC on foot without a license, not just those that know the officers of the town in which they choose to carry.
    ^^^^^This^^^^^

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast