Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Met another OCer today - not from "here".

I spent the day up in the Poconos today, doing some work for my parents. I thought about giving DC and Tootie a call, but I figured Tootie still needs another month or so to cool down. And Headcase, I did not have time to PM you about where and when I was going to be. Of course, it all changed quite a bit from what I anticipated anyway.

To make a long story a little shorter, I was in Mt. Pocono to buy some supplies for the job we were doing and met up with CCinPA doing some errands on his lunch break. Then, our job ran long enough that my father invited us (my son-in-law and myself) out to dinner. So yeah, this is another OC story in a restaurant!

Dad took us to Perkins in Mt. Pocono. Or is it in Pocono Summit? I have no idea. It is that open stretch between the two municipalities on 940 by the Walmart. We were seated next to a group of three people lounging around their table almost like they were having some sort of meeting instead of just eating dinner. They seemed to know all the employees there as well. I ws OC of course, and I was seated so that my gun was visible to the rest of the room we were in. We were just about done eating when another man entered the room and headed for the group of people next to us. I happened to glance over, and he had a (gasp!) gun on his hip! And, he was a portly fellow like me, not some lithe, high and tight cop looking guy. Wearing jeans and a T shirt no less! I could not resist the urge. As he sat down with his back to me, I spoke up.

"Excuse me sir, but your gun is showing."

He laughed right out loud and pretended to cover it up a little by moving his T shirt around a little, while saying to me, "Well maybe I should cover it up - nahhh!" One of the men sitting at the table said, "Don't worry about him, his gun is hanging out too!" Then:

"Hey buddy, what'cha carrying there, a nine, a forty?"

"No, it's an XD 45."

Laughing, he said, "That's great! If we run into trouble, we can all hole up in the back room there and trade ammo back and forth!" Turning to his dinner companions, he then said, "Can you imagine if some guy came in here to rob this place tonight?" Everyone laughed.

Before leaving, I stopped by their table and asked if they were familiar with this site. None of them had ever heard of it, but were very enthusiastic about it, so I gave them the info they need to get here. Perhaps we will see some of them show up. I hope so.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Met another OCer today - not from "here".

Very cool!!!!

Rep to you for spredding the word!

I was wondering where you've been hiding. (no Tootie did not ask me)

Great story, as always. And good food too, I would bet.

So what time and what day are we going to the range?

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    I spent the day up in the Poconos today, doing some work for my parents. I thought about giving DC and Tootie a call, but I figured Tootie still needs another month or so to cool down.
    Month or two? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... man you seriously don't know my wife, she may not be an elephant but trust me she never forgets!

Dad took us to Perkins in Mt. Pocono. Or is it in Pocono Summit? I have no idea. It is that open stretch between the two municipalities on 940 by the Walmart.
    That would still be Mt. Pocono (or as it is now called, 'the hood')

The last time we were there we saw the same guy but didn't talk to him, he must be a regular. We haven't OC'd there yet but the k-mart plaza across the street (we don't do Wally world) has been christened 5 or 6 times by me wandering around OC'ing. The auto parts store, the radio shack, the smoke shop and k-mart ... funny thing too, no one cares!

Oh and BTW, next time I find out (or you admit) you have been in the area and NOT called you are in deeper do do than you are now!

(Monroe County)

I spent the day up in the Poconos today, doing some work for my parents. I thought about giving DC and Tootie a call, but I figured Tootie still needs another month or so to cool down. And Headcase, I did not have time to PM you about where and when I was going to be. Of course, it all changed quite a bit from what I anticipated anyway.

To make a long story a little shorter, I was in Mt. Pocono to buy some supplies for the job we were doing and met up with CCinPA doing some errands on his lunch break. Then, our job ran long enough that my father invited us (my son-in-law and myself) out to dinner. So yeah, this is another OC story in a restaurant!

Dad took us to Perkins in Mt. Pocono. Or is it in Pocono Summit? I have no idea. It is that open stretch between the two municipalities on 940 by the Walmart. We were seated next to a group of three people lounging around their table almost like they were having some sort of meeting instead of just eating dinner. They seemed to know all the employees there as well. I ws OC of course, and I was seated so that my gun was visible to the rest of the room we were in. We were just about done eating when another man entered the room and headed for the group of people next to us. I happened to glance over, and he had a (gasp!) gun on his hip! And, he was a portly fellow like me, not some lithe, high and tight cop looking guy. Wearing jeans and a T shirt no less! I could not resist the urge. As he sat down with his back to me, I spoke up.

He laughed right out loud and pretended to cover it up a little by moving his T shirt around a little, while saying to me, "Well maybe I should cover it up - nahhh!" One of the men sitting at the table said, "Don't worry about him, his gun is hanging out too!" Then:

"No, it's an XD 45."

Laughing, he said, "That's great! If we run into trouble, we can all hole up in the back room there and trade ammo back and forth!" Turning to his dinner companions, he then said, "Can you imagine if some guy came in here to rob this place tonight?" Everyone laughed.

Before leaving, I stopped by their table and asked if they were familiar with this site. None of them had ever heard of it, but were very enthusiastic about it, so I gave them the info they need to get here. Perhaps we will see some of them show up. I hope so.
    I know you are, but what am I. I'm rubber your glue whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you. Sticks and stones may... OH you get it

Whatever Billy the phone driver, I didn't want to hang out with you today anyway, as I didn't have time in my busy schedule to make room for you either......

Oh and BTW, DC and Tootie are my friends, not yours....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Month or two? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... man you seriously don't know my wife, she may not be an elephant but trust me she never forgets!

The last time we were there we saw the same guy but didn't talk to him, he must be a regular. We haven't OC'd there yet but the k-mart plaza across the street (we don't do Wally world) has been christened 5 or 6 times by me wandering around OC'ing. The auto parts store, the radio shack, the smoke shop and k-mart ... funny thing too, no one cares!

Oh and BTW, next time I find out (or you admit) you have been in the area and NOT called you are in deeper do do than you are now!
    Is that even possible?????????

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    I know you are, but what am I. I'm rubber your glue whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you. Sticks and stones may... OH you get it

Whatever Billy the phone driver, I didn't want to hang out with you today anyway, as I didn't have time in my busy schedule to make room for you either......

Oh for the love of GOD I damn near swallowed my lollipop I laughed so hard!

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Another one that doesn't know my wife .... oh the stories I could tell.

(Berks County)

I knew there was a reason other than easy target that we kept you around lol. Great story, of course, being a Pennsy it was guaranteed to be.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Monroe County)

"No, it's an XD 45."

HAHAHA, he don't know me very well do he, lol.

Great encounter, but I'm telling you this right now. If you ever come around here and not call us you're in a whole lot more trouble then you are now,

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post

Who me?????

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post

LOL, you forgot the >

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    You have nooooooo idea (where is that evil grin smilie?) muahahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast