Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Why I am going to pick up a money order B4 work tonight:

I suspect (but do not know for sure) that the advertising our website receives is enough to cover the expenses of running the sight.

EVEN if this is true, and please correct me if I am wrong, I am still going to pick up a money order today and pop it in the mail ASAP to show my support for this site. I guess along with my advancing age, political awareness and activism, and concern for the direction our Country is going I have decided to vote with my money when ever possible.

This encompasses boycotting business who do not welcome "my kind" as well as shouting from the highest spire the good businesses I have dealt with.

I am by no means even a "middle class" citizen that the Government keeps referring to but I am one of the "working class folks". I state this to help illustrate that we should spend our dollars in as smart a manner as possible.

I will "tighten my belt" a little this month to do something that I believe in.

"Back in the day" I would have had to drive miles to go to the library and/or other experts to gain the knowledge (not to mention the camaraderie) that I can receive instantly on this site.

For me this is one of the most important ways we can "vote with our dollars".

I am not posting this for any reason other than to get those of us who use this resource to think about what we have at out fingertips.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Why I am going to pick up a money order B4 work tonight:

Good for you. This place, for all its pluses and minuses, is extremely important, IMO, to the firearm rights fight. This is arguably, the place to get the most accurate information on Pennsylvania firearm related subjects. From the text of the relevant statutes to their realistic application, from the unsure question to the myth busting actual answers, from the casual browsing guest to the most active supporting member.... this is the place to find what you are looking for, and be reasonably sure the information is solid. Can you imagine if every person who registered was to sign up for the basic support amount, how much of that money could be directly fighting for our rights? Why stop there? If every registered person on this forum was to take $60 a year and give $20 here, $20 to Paopencarry.org, and $20 to FOAC, that would put about $300,000.00, give or take, into the coffers of each organization. This site provides the perfect information clearing house, the guys who run Paopencary.org are literally out there pounding the pavement actually fighting for our rights all over the state, and the FOAC people are the guys on top of every piece of legislation that hits Harrisburg. That's $5.00 a month, per person. Less than a pack of cigarettes, or a six pack of beer, or a freaking happy meal...a month. Anyone who can afford the Internet access that allows them to come here, can afford that. Imagine giving $10 a month to fight for your right to keep and bear arms, $120 a year. Hell, every registered adult here could afford that as well, no matter what your financial situation. If you skip your normal dinner and eat a bowl of raman noodles instead, just once a month, you would probably cover that easy. Drink water instead of soda or beer just once or twice a month, and you got it covered.

Imagine how many people cruise through here as guests, who find the answer to a question that, had they not known, could have gotten them jacked up. I'm sure most have cruised by and thought, "Hmm, that's interesting. I didn't know that.". Now imagine how many of them have gone and threw $5 or $10 dollars on a table, in a diner or other restaurant, for mediocre service. Imagine how many are going to read this, think to themselves, "Damn, that's right on the money. Wish I could help..", and then turn around and wolf down a pint of Ben&Jerry's they didn't need to eat......

Sorry for the rant, and for maybe hijacking.... I just thought it was great you decided to support the site and thought how much could be accomplished if everyone who came here felt the same.....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Monroe County)

This might be better off in the general forum...

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Good for you. This place, for all its pluses and minuses, is extremely important, IMO, to the firearm rights fight. This is arguably, the place to get the most accurate information on Pennsylvania firearm related subjects. From the text of the relevant statutes to their realistic application, from the unsure question to the myth busting actual answers, from the casual browsing guest to the most active supporting member.... this is the place to find what you are looking for, and be reasonably sure the information is solid. Can you imagine if every person who registered was to sign up for the basic support amount, how much of that money could be directly fighting for our rights? Why stop there? If every registered person on this forum was to take $60 a year and give $20 here, $20 to Paopencarry.org, and $20 to FOAC, that would put about $300,000.00, give or take, into the coffers of each organization. This site provides the perfect information clearing house, the guys who run Paopencary.org are literally out there pounding the pavement actually fighting for our rights all over the state, and the FOAC people are the guys on top of every piece of legislation that hits Harrisburg. That's $5.00 a month, per person. Less than a pack of cigarettes, or a six pack of beer, or a freaking happy meal...a month. Anyone who can afford the Internet access that allows them to come here, can afford that. Imagine giving $10 a month to fight for your right to keep and bear arms, $120 a year. Hell, every registered adult here could afford that as well, no matter what your financial situation. If you skip your normal dinner and eat a bowl of raman noodles instead, just once a month, you would probably cover that easy. Drink water instead of soda or beer just once or twice a month, and you got it covered.

Imagine how many people cruise through here as guests, who find the answer to a question that, had they not known, could have gotten them jacked up. I'm sure most have cruised by and thought, "Hmm, that's interesting. I didn't know that.". Now imagine how many of them have gone and threw $5 or $10 dollars on a table, in a diner or other restaurant, for mediocre service. Imagine how many are going to read this, think to themselves, "Damn, that's right on the money. Wish I could help..", and then turn around and wolf down a pint of Ben&Jerry's they didn't need to eat......

Sorry for the rant, and for maybe hijacking.... I just thought it was great you decided to support the site and thought how much could be accomplished if everyone who came here felt the same.....

Q.F.T.

I couldn't agree more. I have always loved the "free access" to information and resources on the www, but I have also tried to contribute when and where and whatever I could.

These "free" resources are costing *someone*, and if I truly valued what I was getting, and wanted it to continue to be available, what was I willing to give up to help guarrantee it?

I very quickly saw the enormous value to PAFOA. Not only is valuable information readily found upon a brief look around or quick search through the stickies, but the quality and abundance of vital information that can be discovered simply through browsing the posts is just incredible.

I would own firearms anyway. But I owe my CC/OC, and my political activism regarding the 2A and B.O.R. to the PAFOA community.

+rep sent!

;D
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Centre County)

My forum subscription check goes out this week. I'm bumping mine up to Patron this year, the business can afford it and I think this site deserves it. I know I learn a lot form the different members here and I hope that I help when I post. But as said, it takes money to run a site like this and even if half the members got the smallest subscription, that would generate major funds.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    ...then turn around and wolf down a pint of Ben&Jerry's they didn't need to eat...
    Sometimes that monthly Chunky Monkey is the thin, creamy line that keeps my boots out of some anti's asses.

But good point. I think Ill crack the piggy bank and get myself an upgraded membership this week.

(Centre County)

I am sorry if in the wrong forum. Guess I have become attached to the OC/CC part and did not think about it.

Please feel free to move if needed.