Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Had a nice conversation with a new PA resident/gun owner yesterday.

I left work yesterday to the pleasant surprise of sunshine and blue skies, so I figured I would load up some guns and head to the range and sling some lead. I strapped my Glock 21SF on my belt, threw my AR in the car, and headed out. I stopped at a Sunoco station on the way to get some gas and food. As I'm standing at my car pumping gas, the guy pumping gas next to me is staring directly at my pistol, not even blinking. I'm thinking to myself "here we go, what's this guy going to say/do?"

I glance at his car and see a New Jersey plate. Bingo, that explains the deer in the headlights stare!

Me: "Afternoon, sir."
    Him: "Oh, hey um, hi."
    Me: "Nice weather for a change, huh? Has it been raining like this down in Jersey too lately?"
    Him: "Oh I don't know, I moved to Pennsylvania a couple of weeks ago. I just haven't got my PA plates yet. Hey, is that legal to be carrying a gun like that?"
    Me: "It sure is. There are lot of things firearm related that are legal here than aren't in New Jersey. Are you a gun owner?"
    Him: "Yeah, I am. I was really shocked to see you carrying out in the open like that!"

From there, I went on to explain that in PA, you don't need an ID card to buy firearms, anyone can get a LTCF as long as they have a clean background, OC is legal, there is no AWB, etc etc etc. He thanked me for all of the info, and I gave him the URL for the PAFOA forum, as well as PA open carry. It's great meeting a gun owner who has escaped the PRNJ!!

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Had a nice conversation with a new PA resident/gun owner yesterday.

Great job.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Mercer County)

Cool story! Congrats on helping a fellow gun owner (and new refugee) see the light!

(Berks County)

Nice work Dave. Rep Sent.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lebanon County)

Not to detract, but I hope you also made mention while it is legal to OC, you need a license as soon as you sit in your car. Minor detail, but would hate to have our new friend busted based on incomplete info. Rep inbound.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Not to detract, but I hope you also made mention while it is legal to OC, you need a license as soon as you sit in your car. Minor detail, but would hate to have our new friend busted based on incomplete info. Rep inbound.
    Actually, I didn't even mention that OC was legal without the LTCF. So as of now, that guy believes he needs it to OC. While I should have provided more detail, at least he doesn't think he can OC in his car without the LTCF.

(Allegheny County)

Nice story Dave. I'm glad that you took it upon yourself to educate a newcomer and to point out this great site. (even though it is perfectly OK to not bother with the uneducated) Hopefully that person will explore PA's rules and regs regarding firearms.

**** disclaimer**** This is just my opinion, not meant to be condescending or demeaning if contrary to others opinions on this subject.

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

(Luzerne County)

???

No flyer?

WTF?

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    ???

No flyer?

WTF?

Hahahaha, I have a couple in my pocket at all times and 10 or so in my van.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

What are these fliers in which everyone speaks? Are they the purple folded up pamphlets you get in the gun store that has the gun laws on the posted with gun tips on carrying with website links? Do you guys go to the copy shop and print a bunch out to pass along? I want to start doing this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast