Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default OC today 4/18/09

OK so it's the first day that started out not freezing, and I had a job to do so I decided to OC today. Wore work jeans and a t-shirt. Went to the diner in Wind Gap, next to Brown Daub, I forget the name, to meet the guy I am subbing for, for breakfast at 9:00am. No issues. Went to the customer's house, having met him before, I left it in the car. Finished up around 1:00pm and I reholsterd, and we went back to the diner for a bowl of soup. No issues. Went to Border's in Stroudsburg and spent about a half hour looking for a book I knew was out but couldn't find right away. Saw the "Armed America" book on the discount shelf, but didn't grab it. Found my book, went to pay, and as I reached for my Border's card, I realized I left my keys at the computer. Went and got them, laughed with the cashier, paid and left. No issues. Went to Wies on Lincoln in East Stroudsburg. Shopped for dinner. Spent about an hour trying to decide what to get. Decided on chicken leg quarters, beans, elbows for macaroni salad, assorted veggies for said mac salad, barbeque sauce for the chicken, and some ice cream. Said hello to the mother of one of my son's classmates. Waited on line. Had two college aged kids come by and noticed one notice my gun, as they walked by joking about getting some ice. His eyes went to the gun, but he never broke stride in his conversation. They got the ice and stood behind me for a minute, then went to the next line because she was ready for them. Chatted with my cashier about how she was stuck covering for someone and was pissed about being stuck there. Included the other cashier in the convo. Paid and left. No issues. Went across the street to the Walmart gas station. Went in and stood on line. Noticed a woman come in behind me who seemed to look at the gun, but didn't say or do anything. Waited for about five minutes, while the cashier figured out how to scan a slim jim that was not cooperating. Got two packs of smokes, paid, left. No issues.

Pretty normal OC day for me.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Default Re: OC today 4/18/09

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    OK so it's the first day that started out not freezing, and I had a job to do so I decided to OC today. Wore work jeans and a t-shirt. Went to the diner in Wind Gap, next to Brown Daub, I forget the name, to meet the guy I am subbing for, for breakfast at 9:00am. No issues. Went to the customer's house, having met him before, I left it in the car. Finished up around 1:00pm and I reholsterd, and we went back to the diner for a bowl of soup. No issues. Went to Border's in Stroudsburg and spent about a half hour looking for a book I knew was out but couldn't find right away. Saw the "Armed America" book on the discount shelf, but didn't grab it. Found my book, went to pay, and as I reached for my Border's card, I realized I left my keys at the computer. Went and got them, laughed with the cashier, paid and left. No issues. Went to Wies on Lincoln in East Stroudsburg. Shopped for dinner. Spent about an hour trying to decide what to get. Decided on chicken leg quarters, beans, elbows for macaroni salad, assorted veggies for said mac salad, barbeque sauce for the chicken, and some ice cream. Said hello to the mother of one of my son's classmates. Waited on line. Had two college aged kids come by and noticed one notice my gun, as they walked by joking about getting some ice. His eyes went to the gun, but he never broke stride in his conversation. They got the ice and stood behind me for a minute, then went to the next line because she was ready for them. Chatted with my cashier about how she was stuck covering for someone and was pissed about being stuck there. Included the other cashier in the convo. Paid and left. No issues. Went across the street to the Walmart gas station. Went in and stood on line. Noticed a woman come in behind me who seemed to look at the gun, but didn't say or do anything. Waited for about five minutes, while the cashier figured out how to scan a slim jim that was not cooperating. Got two packs of smokes, paid, left. No issues.

Pretty normal OC day for me.
    Damn, bro, you get too much attention.
    I was at my CU, Staples, Weis, Beer store, Mall,probably some I missed, not even a look.

...Got two packs of smokes, paid, left...
    Are You F-ing Crazy? Those Things Can Kill People!!!

You could buy a case of ammo for what those cost now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    Are You F-ing Crazy? Those Things Can Kill People!!!

You could buy a case of ammo for what those cost now.
    Put your helmet back on, and to the back of the bus........

(Northampton County)

You got to the Gap diner too late. I left at 0715...would've bought you a glass of water.
    http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/amamruoy/sigline-1-1-1-1.jpg

(Cambria County)

Good job.

I was sitting at Sheetz having eating a sandwich, when I saw a guy across the street coming out of a sporting good store, open carrying. He was an older guy. I wish I had yelled out to him. First time I ever saw anyone OCing.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Good job.

I was sitting at Sheetz having eating a sandwich, when I saw a guy across the street coming out of a sporting good store, open carrying. He was an older guy. I wish I had yelled out to him. First time I ever saw anyone OCing.
    I saw a fellow OC'er at the FNRA banquet, South Mountain Chapter, Buchanan Valley VFD, didn't get a chance to talk to him, He was OC'ing a SP101, I think.?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumpyjack View Post
    You got to the Gap diner too late. I left at 0715...would've bought you a glass of water.
    There had better be a large pile of money hanging in the balance to get me to be sitting in a diner at 0715, nowadays. Had to be up and running around at 0dark30 in the Army, now I sleep in

Maybe we'll run into each other one of these days.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Put your helmet back on, and to the back of the bus, window licker........
    Fixed it for ya'

There had better be a large pile of money hanging in the balance to get me to be sitting in a diner at 0715, nowadays. Had to be up and running around at 0dark30 in the Army, now I sleep in

Maybe we'll run into each other one of these days.
    Damn Army guy's getting to sleep til 0dark 30.........

Us Navy guys were done by then............

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast