Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default It’s like they’re animals,” Phila. police officer William Thrasher allegedly said

Can you blame the man for his reaction? He's losing fellow co-workers all the time. Nothing like waking up for the work not knowing if you'll be home to see your family that night. Al Sharpton, I'm sure, will be all FUCKING over this. He passes over the racial issues when it's blacks discriminating against whites. Oakland issue comes to mind..

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...ed-Racist.html

“These people are f****** disgusting…It’s like they’re animals,” Philadelphia police officer William Thrasher allegedly said.

Thrasher, of Tacony, is a white cop in the 22nd District who allegedly feels the utmost disgust for the black residents of North Philadelphia — the people he is supposed to serve and protect. At least, that’s a Temple journalism student's take on Thrasher after spending three hours with the officer as part of a school assignment.

Temple senior Shannon McDonald accompanied Thrasher on a ride along for a journalism college project. What McDonald says she heard during that ride was printed on a Web site for Temple’s Multimedia Urban Reporting Lab.

Thrasher is quoted in the article as saying black people’s problems are “TNS” or “typical n***** s***," the Daily News reported when it picked up the story.

McDonald's article landed Thrasher on desk duty.

The Guardian Civil League is now calling for his dismissal from the force, according to the paper.

"If that’s the way he feels about black people, then he needs to be off our streets…disciplinary action is a slap on the hand...they need to tell him to find a new career,” Rochelle Bilal, head of the GCL said.

Thrasher tried to defend his statements by saying he’s not racist, because he works with black people.

“I’m not racist…they have jobs, they support their families, they’re good people. Most of the people who live in this area are bad people. And they happen to be black,” he allegedly told McDonald.

Police are questioning the validity of the article, Lt. Frank Vanore told the Daily News.

“This is a student journalist," he said. "We don’t know how much of what she wrote is true.”

Associate Journalism Professor Chris Harper edited the piece and stands by McDonald’s claims, according to the newspaper.

Thrasher was assigned to the 22nd District in November 2007. Police Internal Affairs is investigating.
    Last edited by andrewjs18; April 1st, 2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: easier title to understand
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Default Re: These People Are F****** Disgusting

Re: These People Are F****** Disgusting
    Which ones?
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

(Chester County)

Its still a free country, say what you want. Why the hell he said it in front of a "reporter" I have no idea, he had to know there would be a shitstorm once it hit the press. You gotta respect freedom of speech, if he gets fired I think this would turn into a huge National issue.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    Can you blame the man for his reaction? He's losing fellow co-workers all the time. Nothing like waking up for the work not knowing if you'll be home to see your family that night. Al Sharpton, I'm sure, will be all FUCKING over this. He passes over the racial issues when it's blacks discriminating against whites. Oakland issue comes to mind..

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...ed-Racist.html

“These people are f****** disgusting…It’s like they’re animals,” Philadelphia police officer William Thrasher allegedly said.

Thrasher, of Tacony, is a white cop in the 22nd District who allegedly feels the utmost disgust for the black residents of North Philadelphia — the people he is supposed to serve and protect. At least, that’s a Temple journalism student's take on Thrasher after spending three hours with the officer as part of a school assignment.

Temple senior Shannon McDonald accompanied Thrasher on a ride along for a journalism college project. What McDonald says she heard during that ride was printed on a Web site for Temple’s Multimedia Urban Reporting Lab.

Thrasher is quoted in the article as saying black people’s problems are “TNS” or “typical n***** s***," the Daily News reported when it picked up the story.

McDonald's article landed Thrasher on desk duty.

The Guardian Civil League is now calling for his dismissal from the force, according to the paper.

"If that’s the way he feels about black people, then he needs to be off our streets…disciplinary action is a slap on the hand...they need to tell him to find a new career,” Rochelle Bilal, head of the GCL said.

Thrasher tried to defend his statements by saying he’s not racist, because he works with black people.

“I’m not racist…they have jobs, they support their families, they’re good people. Most of the people who live in this area are bad people. And they happen to be black,” he allegedly told McDonald.

Police are questioning the validity of the article, Lt. Frank Vanore told the Daily News.

“This is a student journalist," he said. "We don’t know how much of what she wrote is true.”

Associate Journalism Professor Chris Harper edited the piece and stands by McDonald’s claims, according to the newspaper.

Thrasher was assigned to the 22nd District in November 2007. Police Internal Affairs is investigating.
    Are you kidding me dude?

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neo31rex31 View Post
    Which ones?
    that's the news headline. I'll change it to something that makes more sense.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: It’s like they’re animals,” Phila. police officer William Thrasher allegedly said

If the cop really said that, he's fooked. What was he thinking? Taking a liberal journalism student on a ride and then saying that stuff. Even if it is the way he feels, he should have been smart enough not to say it. He should have just drove her around and let her form her own opinions. I'm sure it would have been a real eye opener for her.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: It’s like they’re animals,” Phila. police officer William Thrasher allegedly said

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Are you kidding me dude?
    Do you expect anything less from a liberal city like Philly?

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    If the cop really said that, he's fooked. What was he thinking? Taking a liberal journalism student on a ride and then saying that stuff. Even if it is the way he feels, he should have been smart enough not to say it. He should have just drove her around and let her form her own opinions. I'm sure it would have been a real eye opener for her.
    this is the same problem my friend has...he's a HARD worker and very reliable, but he has a tendency to speak his mind on things and it's got him fired 2X now.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Yea, that slip of the tongue will cost him...but how much. Can he be fired for exercising his right to free speech?
    And whose to say he really said that in the first place, the "journalist" would probably put down whatever she thought would make a good story. Without a tape recorder its really his word verse hers.

"Bollocks journo bullshit."

You think he would have been smart enough to keep his mouth shut while driving a journalism major around (who is probably a lefty and all about PC). Not that I condone a racist mentality but those people in the area he works in obviously have acted in a way to make him feel that way. He didn't form those opinions by having pleasant and safe encounters with residents.

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spishack357 View Post
    Yea, that slip of the tongue will cost him...but how much. Can he be fired for exercising his right to free speech?
    And whose to say he really said that in the first place, the "journalist" would probably put down whatever she thought would make a good story. Without a tape recorder its really his word verse hers.
    I think that it would be grounds for dismissal. If he really did say These people are f****** disgusting…It’s like they’re animals it's going to be hard to defend him with free speech when they are the same people he is being paid to "protect and serve". It's too much of a PR nightmare for the city.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast