Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default Difficulty finding handgun ammo

Is anyone else finding it difficult to find ammo in general sporting goods stores? I have common calibers .40 & .45, and I cant find ammo anywhere. It seems everywhere I go they are sold out and new shipments are not arriving. Even websites are on backorder. I've heard rumors about a new tax that is supposed to go into effect, causing people to buy now before the prices rise, or causing stores to wait to reorder until after the tax is passed to make more money for Uncle Sam. If anyone else is having the same problem could you post it, or a reason/s to why this is occuring where I live (SW PA).

Default Re: Difficulty finding handgun ammo

yes....things are slim picking....there are also about three other threads running right now discussing the same issue.....do a search....good luck !!!

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Archer4Life View Post
    Is anyone else finding it difficult to find ammo in general sporting goods stores? I have common calibers .40 & .45, and I cant find ammo anywhere. It seems everywhere I go they are sold out and new shipments are not arriving. Even websites are on backorder. I've heard rumors about a new tax that is supposed to go into effect, causing people to buy now before the prices rise, or causing stores to wait to reorder until after the tax is passed to make more money for Uncle Sam. If anyone else is having the same problem could you post it, or a reason/s to why this is occuring where I live (SW PA).
    Not much around here in FayCo... Last week I checked in at Police Supply in Chalk Hill, they said no .45 until September... I sure hope that's not true! The last place I saw any was at Reese's- none at Woodland. I troll the WallyWorlds in the area and will find boxes of WWB occasionally. Buying by the 50 at small shops is a fools game at this point, unless you've got the cash.

(Somerset County)

It has become non existant here unless you use an odd ball caiber or 22
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RuralTom View Post
    Not much around here in FayCo... Last week I checked in at Police Supply in Chalk Hill, they said no .45 until September... I sure hope that's not true! The last place I saw any was at Reese's- none at Woodland. I troll the WallyWorlds in the area and will find boxes of WWB occasionally. Buying by the 50 at small shops is a fools game at this point, unless you've got the cash.
    Man that sux! When I get down to below 500 45acp, I find the 45acp dies setup on the turret and crank out another cpl hundred. If you don't reload or plan on reloading, I suggest to those folk to make friends with someone who does.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
    Man that sux! When I get down to below 500 45acp, I find the 45acp dies setup on the turret and crank out another cpl hundred. If you don't reload or plan on reloading, I suggest to those folk to make friends with someone who does.
    that used to be the post I would hear any/every time someone had ammo price/availability issues.

but all I hear now is reloaders complaining about lack of components.

We had a new G.M. open here yesterday. They have a full load of everything from .22 up to .45. The only problem is that the prices are wild.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Bucks County)

I've been to 8 Walmart's, Lancaster, Bucks, Montgomery and Chester counties, this week looking for various ammo. 6 out of the 8 had at least 2 -3 boxes of Blazer Brass in .40. The one in Ephrata had 20 boxes. Sorry they are all in SE PA.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    that used to be the post I would hear any/every time someone had ammo price/availability issues.

but all I hear now is reloaders complaining about lack of components.
    Good thing I stocked up last year. I don't have a boat-load of small pistol primers, but they're not the ones that are hard to find right now, them being small rifle primers.
    Even reloading I will probably be cutting back my shooting, as I don't want to deplete my supply too quickly.
    For those who don't reload, I would use the phone and call all the Walmarts, Dicks' Sporting Goods etc every cpl days and buy what you can. Things aren't improving, so you don't want to miss the boat.

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
    I'm hearing that from folks in the area I live in.

Glad I got enough components (powder, primers, plated boolits, FMJ's, and lead) to cast, load, and shoot 45acp and 223 all summer and hopefully fall.
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast