Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default LETTER BY A FLORIDA TEACHER -- PLEASE READ

If this doesn't piss you off I don't what to say

LETTER BY A FLORIDA TEACHER -- PLEASE READ

When will the American People get fed up and do something, or is it too late...

This is a subject close to my heart. Do you know that we have adult students at the school where I teach who are not US citizens and who get the PELL Grant, which is a federal grant (no pay back required) plus other federal grants to go to school?

One student from the Dominican Republic told me that she didn't want me to find a job for her after she finished my program, because she was getting housing from our housing department and she was getting a PELL Grant which paid for her total tuition and books, plus money leftover.

She was looking into WAIT which gives students a CREDIT CARD for gas to come to school, and into CARIBE which is a special program (check it out - I did) for immigrants and it pays for child care and all sorts of needs while they go to school or training. The one student I just mentioned told me she was not going to be a US Citizen because she plans to return to the Dominican Republic someday and that she 'loves HER country.'

I asked her if she felt guilty taking what the US is giving her and then not even bothering to become a citizen and she told me that it doesn't bother her, because that is what the money is there for!

I asked the CARIBE administration about their program and if you ARE a US citizen, you don't qualify for their program. And all the while, I am working a full day, my son-in-law works more than 60 hours a week, and everyone in my family works and pays for our education.

Something is wrong here. I am sorry but after hearing that they want to sing the National Anthem in Spanish - enough is enough. That's a real slap in the face. Nowhere did they sing it in Italian, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German or any other language because of immigration. It was written by Francis Scott Key and should be sung word for word the way it was written The news broadcasts even gave the translation -- not even close. I don't care whether this offends someone or not but this is MY COUNTRY. IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY SPEAK UP -- please pass this along. I am not against immigration -- I just expect immigrants to come through like everyone else. Get a sponsor; have a place to lay your head; have a job; pay your taxes, live by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other immigrants have in the ! ! ! ! past -- and GOD BLESS AMERICA !

PART OF THE PROBLEM -Think about this: If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone - YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM! It is Time for America to speak up. If you agree -- pass this along, if you don't agree
    Last edited by G10mm; March 25th, 2009 at 10:25 AM.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson - Commonplace Book 1774-1776

(Somerset County)

Default Re: LETTER BY A FLORIDA TEACHER -- PLEASE READ

What a shame! A friend of mine stopped by a home depot in Atlanta, GA a few weeks ago with his pick up truck and told a few guys to get in he had work for them to do. Well he drove them straight to the imigration office. It was the funniest thing I heard in a long time. We need more people to do things like this. And when asked how do you know they are illegal. I answer if they cant speak english then they were not born in America.

Quote Originally Posted by david1 View Post
    What a shame! A friend of mine stopped by a home depot in Atlanta, GA a few weeks ago with his pick up truck and told a few guys to get in he had work for them to do. Well he drove them straight to the imigration office. It was the funniest thing I heard in a long time. We need more people to do things like this. And when asked how do you know they are illegal. I answer if they cant speak english then they were not born in America.
    I am trying to get my kid in to college and boy its no fun at all but then you hear about stuff like this all the time and you start wondering WHAT AM I DOING WRONG Something is wrong here big time
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson - Commonplace Book 1774-1776

Quote Originally Posted by G10mm View Post
    and into CARIBE which is a special program (check it out - I did) for immigrants and it pays for child care and all sorts of needs while they go to school or training.
    The CARIBE program is for legal residents who have refugee/asylum status. It is not available to illegal immigrants or anyone who does not have refugee/asylee status.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by granuale View Post
    The CARIBE program is for legal residents who have refugee/asylum status. It is not available to illegal immigrants or anyone who does not have refugee/asylee status.
    You and you stupid facts!! What is wrong with people like you??

Don't you know that these and 98% of other anti-immigrant spam emails are based on EMOTION or outright fabrications with no basis on reality whatsoever???
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Since when do you have to be born in America to be a citizen? We have plenty of legals who were born in different countries, some of our greatest minds here were born in other places. Do not think immigrant=illegal.
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

(Delaware County)

This story is completely FALSE!!

WHY are we so afraid????
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Chester County)

the bold part is wrong and bigoted... what about people born in puerto rico? what about people born in areas where english isnt needed like southern florida, southern california? your racist statements really show your true colors

eta: all you people who speak of actual groups of people or people that are illegal because they dont speak english fluently. from now on can you do us all a favor and name the thread "I HATE SPICS AND WETBACKS" and save us the trouble of thinking you have something worthwhile and intelligent to say.
    Last edited by c.sander; March 25th, 2009 at 01:01 PM.

(Monroe County)

It is extremely funny to see some of you who support the constitution when it comes to your 2nd amendment. But then openly call people racists and bigots for wanting to preserve american history and culture.

I also trully hope someone does not come in here and use the tiresome arguement of our forefathers who immagrated here. When people immagrated here while our country was forming everyone learned to speak english and became citizens the correct way. Not just coming here to take advantage of our system to make a better life for themselves and their families when they return back to the countries they love so much.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Whippit96 View Post
    It is extremely funny to see some of you who support the constitution when it comes to your 2nd amendment. But then openly call people racists and bigots for wanting to preserve american history and culture.

I also trully hope someone does not come in here and use the tiresome arguement of our forefathers who immagrated here. When people immagrated here while our country was forming everyone learned to speak english and became citizens the correct way. Not just coming here to take advantage of our system to make a better life for themselves and their families when they return back to the countries they love so much.
    .... it is EXTREMELY bigoted to say someone is illegal because they are latino, or speak spanish, and you arent preserving shit, we are a mixture of cultures and thats how its always been, so get off your white pride wagon.

this is a cycle this country sees, there is a large asian influx, then a large irish influx, then a large german influx, then italian etc, right now the influx is of latino people, its how this country has been since the beginning.

eta: this should be in the lounge, could a mod please move it, thread has ZERO to do with firearms
    Last edited by c.sander; March 25th, 2009 at 01:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast