Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default York City Preemption law fight not over!

I thought I'd make you all aware of something that Kim Bracey said March 16 at the BMA candidates forum. After spending several minutes saying how she would continue the great work of Mayor Brenner, but also add some additional fiscal discipline, she went on to say that she would champion the gun law that was recently tabled by city council. How can someone possibly say they would show fiscal discipline in one breathe and then say they will do everything they can to have the city sued in the next?

I thought it best to start a new thread for this...
    History here for those who need to catch up:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...s-11-18-a.html

We do have at least one City Council candidate running who is pro gun... Jay Andrzejczyk (I wish he were running for mayor instead of city council)
    Last edited by 87th PVI; March 24th, 2009 at 12:12 PM.
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(York County)

Default Re: York City Preemption law fight not over!

thanks for the info

My Name is GlockMan And I Approve This Message!!

(York County)

Keep us informed if this 'Kim Bracey' is scheduled for any kind of debates, etc. This issue should be raised --- 'Why do you want the City to ILLEGALLY REGULATE GUN OWNERSHIP?'

... Stay Safe ...
    ID

(Luzerne County)

[QUOTE=87th PVI;662270] How can someone possibly say they would show fiscal discipline in one breathe and then say they will do everything they can to have the city sued in the next?

It all comes down to the fact that the money spent on any lawsuit is paid by the taxpayers. I have always said that these politicians should be made to use their own money defending the suit, and any judgement issued to the plaintiff, maybe then they will not act so smug and obey the laws instead of thinking it does not apply to them.

(York County)

I haven't seen any debates announced yet but here are some other things I found:

http://theheritagenews.net/html/kim_bracey.html
    I like the last pic where it says her supporters came out in full force & there are three people & someone's shoulder in the pic LOL

None mention the issue of gun ownership or 2A rights here but just for the sake of providing the info found:

http://yorkdispatch.inyork.com/yd/local/ci_11931899

York City mayoral candidates lay out their goals
    PETER MERGENTHALER The York Dispatch
    Updated: 03/17/2009 10:49:25 AM EDT

Candidates for several York City offices made their pitch to voters for the first time Monday since securing a spot on the May 19 primary election ballot.
    The event, sponsored by the Black Ministers Association and held at Abundant Life Ministries in the city's west end, drew the four mayoral candidates seeking the Democratic nomination in May, as well as four city council hopefuls and candidates for district attorney, Common Pleas judge and York City school board.

Dozens of residents turned out for the tightly moderated forum. The candidates had five minutes each to present their platforms and were cut off if they ran over.

Mayoral candidates:

Roderick Artis, a civics and English teacher at Manito Youth Leadership Center, said his administration would work to get York out of a "time warp" by rehabilitating housing and aggressively inviting businesses and jobs into the city.

As it stands, "York is slowly moving backward, not forward," he said.

The city also must work to improve the relationship between its residents and its police department, Artis said.

City Councilwoman Genevieve Ray, who ran for mayor of York unsuccessfully in the 1970s, said she wants to usher in "a new day for York's neighborhoods." She said her administration would focus on strengthening communities, boosting public safety and encouraging economic growth while practicing "fiscal discipline."

Ray pledged to work to improve the city's housing stock by address-ing

code enforcement issues and by declaring "war on irresponsible landlords." She also called for the city's police department to allocate more officers to street patrols.
    York native C. Kim Bracey, Mayor John Brenner's director of community development until January, said her administration would keep a tight watch over the city's budget.

In almost six years as community development director, Bracey said she took York from nearly losing funding from the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development to receiving letters of commendation from the department for timeliness and organization.

"I will keep our fiscal house in order," she said.

Gerry Turner, who ran unsuccessfully against Brenner as a Republican in the 2005 mayoral election, said the race will be essentially over after the primary election in nine weeks.

Turner said the city must work to address crime and codes issues if economic development is to flourish.

He also pledged to return $10,000 of the mayor's salary to help create a nonprofit that would address youth and senior issues.

Also present: The event was open to candidates of all parties running for any city office.

City council candidates Joe Stein, Nina Aimable, Jay Andrzejczyk and Henry Nixon spoke at the forum, as did incumbent District Attorney Stan Rebert and challenger Tom Kearney.

Court of Common Pleas candidates Erin Thompson, Chuck Patterson, Harry Ness, Susan Emmons and Sandra Thompson also made presentations. Brian Strong spoke on behalf of his wife, Andrea Marceca Strong, who also is running for judge.

Republican mayoral candidate Wendell Banks was not present. Of the seven candidates seeking election to the York City school board, only Sandie Walker attended the forum.

-- Reach Peter Mergenthaler at 505-5439 or
    pmergenthaler@yorkdispatch.com.

(York County)

87th PVI for mayor...has a nice sound to it...

Quote Originally Posted by MadamRaven View Post
    87th PVI for mayor...has a nice sound to it...
    If I could, I'd vote for him!!!!!!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    Keep us informed if this 'Kim Bracey' is scheduled for any kind of debates, etc. This issue should be raised --- 'Why do you want the City to ILLEGALLY REGULATE GUN OWNERSHIP?'

... Stay Safe ...
    ID
    Because it makes the poor unfortunate people that live in the cesspool known as York city, think that they are doing something to curb crime in the city. Truth is, the city either doesn't know how, or just don't give a shit about crime in the city or there would be a whole lot less of it by now. The city is constantly trying to get people to come downtown to spend money, but with the exception of a few annual events and some baseball games, nobody wants to come into town.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(York County)

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ow-page-8.html

Special attention to post # 74

Just trying to keep everyone informed.

(York County)

Just saw in the York Daily Record an article on Joseph Musso's announcement concerning running for mayor as an independent.

I think I want a bumper sticker!!!
    N.U.G.U.N. "New User of GUNs Blog"
    http://nugun.wordpress.com