Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Mexico flexing its... umm... wallet?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509411,00.html

Mexico is raising Tariffs on a large portion of items they import from the US in response to Obama disallowing Mexican Trucking in the US.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Default Re: Mexico flexing its... umm... wallet?

Fix the problem right there, make Mexico the new cuba.

No imports, no exports, any one crosses the border is shot first ask why after.

PS send them the medical/income bill for all the illegals here on free medicare and welfare too.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Fix the problem right there, make Mexico the new cuba.

No imports, no exports, any one crosses the border is shot first ask why after.

PS send them the medical/income bill for all the illegals here on free medicare and welfare too.
    [sarcasm]

Frenchy, how can you be so anti-immigrant? Aren't they entitled to the same opportunities you enjoy? I mean you are an immigrant yourself. I'm sure you snuck over the northern border and took advantage of amnesty at one point or another.

[/sarcasm]

Oh noez!!!!!1! Not a trade war with Mexico! What ever are we to do?

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    [sarcasm]

Frenchy, how can you be so anti-immigrant? Aren't they entitled to the same opportunities you enjoy? I mean you are an immigrant yourself. I'm sure you snuck over the northern border and took advantage of amnesty at one point or another.

[/sarcasm]

Oh noez!!!!!1! Not a trade war with Mexico! What ever are we to do?
    Actually, getting me here took over a year and $4000.00 All legal like, and to make me a citizen, would be an other $600 care to chip in?
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Actually, getting me here took over a year and $4000.00 All legal like, and to make me a citizen, would be an other $600 care to chip in?
    I've said it before that the process is fucked up fundamentally. It needs to be changed. I guess your employer picked up the other $3,000? I would rather see the money we piss away as a nation on welfare spent to subsidize the cost for folks looking to come to this country legally who are looking to work.

(Allegheny County)

Joke all you want, but Mexico is a major trading partner, and a lot of US businesses could be hurt as a result of this.

As a bit of a background, free trade agreements like NAFTA generally impose some sort of requirements on all parties. Trade protectionism is generally prohibited, but if one side breaks part of the agreement then the other side is allowed to implement retaliatory tariffs similar in economic value to compensate. Allowing Mexican trucking in the US was one of the parts of NAFTA, so this is the Mexican response for breaking that portion of the agreement.

Also, it doesn't sound like the Obama administration is responsible for disallowing the Mexican trucking which led to them responding in this fashion. The article mentioned it was in one of the bills he signed, but in the next paragraph it also mentions that the Obama administration is going to look for a way to reinstate the program through some other means.

I'm generally more of a free-trader and not a fan of trade protectionism, so as long as the trucks are certified to meet US safety standards I have no problem with it. I also don't think anyone can afford a trade war in this economic climate: Trade protectionism in response to economic crisis is considered to be one of the primary things that made the Great Depression so bad. We may not think of Mexico as an economic powerhouse, but it is one of our largest trading partners.

(Philadelphia County)

Watch this. It has been posted here on another thread, but worth your 2:17.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK3Ki0CFf6c
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    I've said it before that the process is fucked up fundamentally. It needs to be changed. I guess your employer picked up the other $3,000? I would rather see the money we piss away as a nation on welfare spent to subsidize the cost for folks looking to come to this country legally who are looking to work.
    No it was hard earned cash by my wife and I. I started to work the day I got my SS and green card, have not looked back since.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by JIDinPhilly View Post
    Watch this. It has been posted here on another thread, but worth your 2:17.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK3Ki0CFf6c
    You do realize that would affect most of the population right? Second, it would be against the constitution. Third, That guy can shout as hard as he wants, but most of his ancestors where probably here illegally. Grant you they worked for families, and that is what this guy has as a backing, he believes he can speak up because no one will shut him up. Problem is, he is not saying what every one believes, he is saying what brings him money.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

Angry Re: Mexico flexing its... umm... wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    Joke all you want, but Mexico is a major trading partner, and a lot of US businesses could be hurt as a result of this.

As a bit of a background, free trade agreements like NAFTA generally impose some sort of requirements on all parties. Trade protectionism is generally prohibited, but if one side breaks part of the agreement then the other side is allowed to implement retaliatory tariffs similar in economic value to compensate. Allowing Mexican trucking in the US was one of the parts of NAFTA, so this is the Mexican response for breaking that portion of the agreement.

Also, it doesn't sound like the Obama administration is responsible for disallowing the Mexican trucking which led to them responding in this fashion. The article mentioned it was in one of the bills he signed, but in the next paragraph it also mentions that the Obama administration is going to look for a way to reinstate the program through some other means.

I'm generally more of a free-trader and not a fan of trade protectionism, so as long as the trucks are certified to meet US safety standards I have no problem with it. I also don't think anyone can afford a trade war in this economic climate: Trade protectionism in response to economic crisis is considered to be one of the primary things that made the Great Depression so bad. We may not think of Mexico as an economic powerhouse, but it is one of our largest trading partners.
    Let me get this straight here. Obama signed this bill into law and just because he is now looking for a way to reinstate the program that somehow implies that he isn't responsible? WTF are you drinking? Can I get some because I would sure love to be blind to the shit that is going on.

Instead of saying "You know I fucked up, we will reverse that bill. Sorry" the media is trying to imply that he was forced to sign that bill right? WTF?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast