Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

(Bucks County)

Default Re: No Longer Just Paranoia

With the Liberals-Progressives in power, or out of power for that matter, they will do anything and everything to mislead and hide their true agenda. That's their playbook.
    That said, Gunowners must be in CONDITION RED when it comes to vigilantly defending their rights !!
    Join the NRA despite any reservations you may have. There is strength in numbers and if the membership would rise to the levels of gun ownership, there would never be a need for compromise by the NRA, which seems to be the major complaint of those who oppose.

(Adams County)

So my 400 rounds of .223 ammo that's on backorder until 20 Apr may get here sooner now?

Yay

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Northampton County)

Please Note: The poster was issued a warning for this post.

I'll admit, I'm laughing hysterically at this.

So first the gun confiscation fear-mongering turned out to be bogus.

Then the ammunition confiscation turned out to be bogus.

The "pro"-gun fear mongers thought they had something with an AWB... but that was bogus too.

So now, "Obama's going to take all your guns!" has turned into, "A bureaucratic agency's decision during the Obama administration may make ammo more expensive."

Don't get me wrong, it's an issue that needs to be addressed, but it's borderline pathetic that this is being paraded as Obama's Great Gun Grab.

No wonder the anti's think we're all nutjobs.
    Last edited by imperialism2024; March 17th, 2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: typo
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Well I agree to an extent, however, there is the possibility that peoples reactions to these things prevented them from actually happening.

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
    I'll admit, I'm laughing hystically at this.

So first the gun confiscation fear-mongering turned out to be bogus.

Then the ammunition confiscation turned out to be bogus.

The "pro"-gun fear mongers thought they had something with an AWB... but that was bogus too.

So now, "Obama's going to take all your guns!" has turned into, "A bureaucratic agency's decision during the Obama administration may make ammo more expensive."

Don't get me wrong, it's an issue that needs to be addressed, but it's borderline pathetic that this is being paraded as Obama's Great Gun Grab.

No wonder the anti's think we're all nutjobs.

(Allegheny County)

Sent my emails out
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by archangel689 View Post
    Well I agree to an extent, however, there is the possibility that peoples reactions to these things prevented them from actually happening.
    But the question is, would the prevention have not occurred (if it indeed has) without using Obama as the scapegoat or assuming him as the source for this in such a knee-jerk manner? I mean, it doesn't sound like the DoD/DLA is reversing their decision so Obama doesn't look bad.

I don't blame people for being upset, worried, angered or whatnot...what I do find suspect is how so many people ran off at the mouth about how Obama had something to do with it, and persisted with that line of idiocy even after being confronted with information that puts serious doubt on that (see the ARF.com thread or the locked thread here that I linked earlier). And my guess is, some people will still keep pushing the idea that this was an Obama conspiracy no matter what happens or what information surfaces to the contrary.

Funny thing is, as this does get reversed, all of those people are most likely going to forget to thank him for saving our brass for us.

So yeah, this was a potentially big deal, but it doesn't appear to have been an issue of gun control so much as an issue of government doing what they do most efficiently, make mistakes.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post

I'll give ya a 60% agree on the rest.

but on this one point I just want to say "more expensive" from people like Warners is 3x's as much.

I dont know about anyone else, but I am not just an pro-gun rights guy, and an internet forum posting guy, or a collector. I am a shooter. I go through ammo, lots of it. Not as much as the guys who shoot USPSA regualrly, but still plenty. I spent a few thousand on ammo last year. I shoot, my wife shoots, my son shoots.

A good price on 50 rounds of decent brass factory ammo for one round of CMP is currently ~$25, more if you buy in a brick and mrotar store and not in bulk. If that turns to $75......... thats not just a price increase, like a slightly above inflation price increase. Thats a most people cant afford to shoot any more price increase.

One 3-day pistol course can go through 600 rounds of ammo. Currently, if you shoot 9mm that will run you ~$120. If that TRIPLES to $360...........

I just dont want to minimize the effect this could have.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post

but on this one point I just want to say "more expensive" from people like Warners is 3x's as much.

I dont know about anyone else, but I am not just an pro-gun rights guy, and an internet forum posting guy, or a collector. I am a shooter. I go through ammo, lots of it. Not as much as the guys who shoot USPSA regualrly, but still plenty. I spent a few thousand on ammo last year. I shoot, my wife shoots, my son shoots.

A good price on 50 rounds of decent brass factory ammo for one round of CMP is currently ~$25, more if you buy in a brick and mrotar store and not in bulk. If that turns to $75......... thats not just a price increase, like a slightly above inflation price increase. Thats a most people cant afford to shoot any more price increase.

One 3-day pistol course can go through 600 rounds of ammo. Currently, if you shoot 9mm that will run you ~$120. If that TRIPLES to $360...........

I just dont want to minimize the effect this could have.
    +1 ......

1000 rds of 9mm is about $230.

1000 rds of 5.56 is what $400+ now ... it was significantly cheaper 6 months ago. If that 3x from this point ... wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    So yeah, this was a potentially big deal, but it doesn't appear to have been an issue of gun control so much as an issue of government doing what they do most efficiently, make mistakes.
    As I said in the other thread the second I saw the info you had on a potential DOD screw up I was almost 100% sure it was that ... if I had a dollar for every time I saw those boneheads screw up I could take the rest of the year off!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast