Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Will "O" shoot it down or was he bluffing?

PYONGYANG/BEIJING, March 9 (AP) - (Kyodo)—North Korea warned Monday that any move to intercept what it calls a satellite launch and what other countries suspect may be a missile test-firing would result in a counterstrike against the countries trying to stop it.
    "We will retaliate (over) any act of intercepting our satellite for peaceful purposes with prompt counterstrikes by the most powerful military means," the official Korean Central News Agency quoted a spokesman of the General Staff of the Korean People's Army as saying.

If countries such as the United States, Japan or South Korea try to intercept the launch, the North Korean military will carry out "a just retaliatory strike operation not only against all the interceptor means involved but against the strongholds" of the countries, it said.

"Shooting our satellite for peaceful purposes will precisely mean a war," it added.

North Korea earlier announced it is preparing to put a communications satellite into space, but outside observers suspect it may in fact be a test-firing of a long-range ballistic missile.

The United States, Japan and South Korea have said that even if Pyongyang calls the launch a missile test, it would violate existing U.N. Security Council resolutions.

The same North Korean statement said the country's military will cut off communications with its South Korean counterparts during the U.S.- South Korean exercises for the duration of the exercises beginning Monday.

A separate, more rare statement by the KPA's Supreme Command was quoted by the KCNA as saying that its soldiers are under orders to be "fully combat-ready" during U.S.-South Korean military exercises beginning Monday.

The North's armed forces have been ordered to "deal merciless retaliatory blows" should there be any intrusion "into the sky and land and seas of the DPRK even an inch."

DPRK stands for Democratic People's Republic of Korea, North Korea's official name.

North Korea has demanded a stop to this month's U.S.-South Korean exercises, and said earlier it cannot guarantee the security of South Korean civilian airplanes flying through its territorial airspace while they are under way.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Will "O" shoot it down or was he bluffing?

Quote Originally Posted by ira82 View Post
    PYONGYANG/BEIJING, March 9 (AP) - (Kyodo)—North Korea warned Monday that any move to intercept what it calls a satellite launch and what other countries suspect may be a missile test-firing would result in a counterstrike against the countries trying to stop it.
    "We will retaliate (over) any act of intercepting our satellite for peaceful purposes with prompt counterstrikes by the most powerful military means," the official Korean Central News Agency quoted a spokesman of the General Staff of the Korean People's Army as saying.

If countries such as the United States, Japan or South Korea try to intercept the launch, the North Korean military will carry out "a just retaliatory strike operation not only against all the interceptor means involved but against the strongholds" of the countries, it said.

"Shooting our satellite for peaceful purposes will precisely mean a war," it added.

North Korea earlier announced it is preparing to put a communications satellite into space, but outside observers suspect it may in fact be a test-firing of a long-range ballistic missile.

The United States, Japan and South Korea have said that even if Pyongyang calls the launch a missile test, it would violate existing U.N. Security Council resolutions.

The same North Korean statement said the country's military will cut off communications with its South Korean counterparts during the U.S.- South Korean exercises for the duration of the exercises beginning Monday.

A separate, more rare statement by the KPA's Supreme Command was quoted by the KCNA as saying that its soldiers are under orders to be "fully combat-ready" during U.S.-South Korean military exercises beginning Monday.

The North's armed forces have been ordered to "deal merciless retaliatory blows" should there be any intrusion "into the sky and land and seas of the DPRK even an inch."

DPRK stands for Democratic People's Republic of Korea, North Korea's official name.

North Korea has demanded a stop to this month's U.S.-South Korean exercises, and said earlier it cannot guarantee the security of South Korean civilian airplanes flying through its territorial airspace while they are under way.
    I would sure hope O would shoot it down if it came close enough to the USA......
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Monroe County)

It will probably blow up in it's silo..all by itself....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    I hope so!

(Delaware County)

I was reading that this missile will have the range to strike Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    I would sure hope O would shoot it down if it came close enough to the
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    USA......

It is not a matter of what it would be close to, a satellite is basically a free floating object that stays in orbit over Earth… that is, until it is programmed to come down.

North Korea could claim the charge within the satellite is there to destroy it should anyone try to tamper with it is space or simply destroy it should it not be satisfactory, the US and other countries believe any explosive charge within the satellite make it in reality a time bomb type missile that can be commanded to come down at anytime on any given target in its path.

Truth is, when it comes to space, the Americans and Russians are the only ones who could go to service any satellite in space, this being said, North Korea would probably not allow US astronauts or Soviet Cosmonauts to do so if there was any damage once in space. Making it a very large bomb that could be guided with precision to any target in its earthly path.

Although we are already at war, I believe North Korea trying to send anything in space should be seen as an act of war, there is absolutely no reason they could not put equipment in a satellite put up by the US other then to later use it as a missile against US allied countries.

So any place in space is too close to the USA.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

LOL I wouldnt be surprised if it blew up on the silo. Last time he launched missles a few yeasrs ago it didnt even stay in flight like more then 3 mins or something and it blew up. LOL

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ira82 View Post
    LOL I wouldnt be surprised if it blew up on the silo. Last time he launched missles a few yeasrs ago it didnt even stay in flight like more then 3 mins or something and it blew up. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if it did. I think North Korea uses the same ACME rockets that Wile E Coyote used for all those years. Can anyone picture Kim Jong Il all blackened to a crisp blinking his eyes a la Looney Tunes?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt762x39 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if it did. I think North Korea uses the same ACME rockets that Wile E Coyote used for all those years. Can anyone picture Kim Jong Il all blackened to a crisp blinking his eyes a la Looney Tunes?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Bucks County)

With kim jong il now commenting saying if anything is shot down he will retaliate against any country is gonna make things get real ugly hear unless china is smart enough to step in and tell thier friends to calm down. Unles he doesnt launch at all.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast