Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: People are odd.

(Lancaster County)

Default People are odd.

Alright so earlier I was out back of our house, cleaning my car out since the weather is nice...I started to clean out the trunk when I heard two people talking getting closer (there is an alley behind us)...Anyways, they seem kind of shady, not anyone I would want to be bumping into at night anyways. They look at me, keep going like normal...I hear something like "gun", I waited and the dude said something to the girl he was with and was like "Freeze!!!" but wasn't talking to me...they said a few other things i couldnt make out, and laughed as they kept going.

Anyone bump into people that just make remarks or comments about them since they are carrying?

I oc'd everywhere today, nice warm weather. I always carry when I go outside my house even if its just to take the dogs out...never know who is around.

Default Re: People are odd.

You should have yelled out "Sheeple"
    I was crossing the Main street lastnight and a guy across the street started screaming at my girlfriend and I... He was drunk... Odd... I was CC so I was not worried, just a strange guy...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam M Geer View Post
    You should have yelled out "Sheeple"
    I was crossing the Main street lastnight and a guy across the street started screaming at my girlfriend and I... He was drunk... Odd... I was CC so I was not worried, just a strange guy...
    Ha he was just standing there screaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    I always carry when I go outside my house even if its just to take the dogs out...never know who is around.
    This very good point brings to mind something I did a few years back, and is a good idea for a new thread.
    Will I really care if LE later catch the guy who killed me ?

(Monroe County)

The only people who have ever made "comments" about my carrying, have all been gangster/thug types. I have had people come up and ask me about it, but only the gangster types have ever made "comments".

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Lancaster County)

Well this was a first so far. I was out and about in Berks County, I was asked

Guy:"Hey man, what gun you have there?"
    Me:"oh, hey, it's a glock 19"
    Him:"Cool, can you have it in the open though?"
    Me:"Yeah, PA is an open carry state, not that many people seem to know it though, it's legal though. You need a LTCF to be in Philly...do this do that and so on"
    Him:"oh cool, I didn't know the law on that...I just got an apartment outside of reading with my g/f and wanted to get one, are they easy to get?"
    me:"well they check into everything, make sure your legally allowed to own a gun, and if you are they will issue you a ltcf...."

All in all it was a good encounter while OC'ing. Talked about what guns are pretty good and the laws. I didn't have one of PA Patriots fliers though :-(. It seems like he is going to soon to get his LTCF after he checks into it alittle more.

(Allegheny County)

The only kinda - encounter was some random guy at Target staring, like blatantly when I was on my way out. Kept tabs on him outta the corner of my eye...soon his gf was staring too, and he was on the phone in 10 more seconds. Wonder who he was calling, lol. Everything else been + or neutral.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    The only people who have ever made "comments" about my carrying, have all been gangster/thug types. I have had people come up and ask me about it, but only the gangster types have ever made "comments".

I like how you guys stereo type these people. Honeslty, most " gangstas" dont even care about you. Nor anything about you unless you are giving them there money. An unless you know where to look. You dont see gangstas around here... You mean the punk ass "hood rats"? lol.

But, yeah I have shady people all around my area. They always comment, an walk around in groups of 3+. Bunch of smart asses with cocky mouths. An if I stereo typed I would call them " hood rats" They just seem to think it makes them " hard " to run there mouth, I guess. I dont really worry much about other people though. I mind my own business unless they make themselves my business. Or make ignorent comments toward me lol.

I was out side of red robbin an some older man was stairing at me. I looked down an saw my shirt was showing my pistol grip. I fixed it an the guy greeted me. An said how nice out it was. An went on his way. I know he saw it. But, I never had anyone comment about me carrying.

(Lancaster County)

An interesting comment today at a Hess Gas station up in Berks County. I have ZERO idea how this guy took notice to me opening carrying I got out of the car his back was facing me, unless he was checking me out (He had sun glasses on). He waits for me to open the door, and I offer him to go first but he said "You the man with the gun!! haha, go ahead". He got a laugh out of it, I chuckled, he seemed surprised though when I offered him to get in front of me in line though.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by 40 cal View Post
    I like how you guys stereo type these people. Honeslty, most " gangstas" dont even care about you. Nor anything about you unless you are giving them there money. An unless you know where to look. You dont see gangstas around here... You mean the punk ass "hood rats"? lol.

But, yeah I have shady people all around my area. They always comment, an walk around in groups of 3+. Bunch of smart asses with cocky mouths. An if I stereo typed I would call them " hood rats" They just seem to think it makes them " hard " to run there mouth, I guess. I dont really worry much about other people though. I mind my own business unless they make themselves my business. Or make ignorent comments toward me lol.

I was out side of red robbin an some older man was stairing at me. I looked down an saw my shirt was showing my pistol grip. I fixed it an the guy greeted me. An said how nice out it was. An went on his way. I know he saw it. But, I never had anyone comment about me carrying.
    It is not accurate to call it stereotyping when "Gansta" is even marketed as such. It is a culture, even if they are not in a "Gang". "Hood Rat" is not entirely accurate either. "Hood Rat" is a skanky female from the "Hood". If you want to brush up here is a link to the "Urban Dictionary" http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hood+rat

I say this not defensively, as I think stereotyping is perfectly fine, as is profiling. But, that is another thing entirely

Be safe (no matter what means you choose to use).

Scott

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast