Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Wayne county sheriff dies

Blurb here

Wonder how the new one is going to be with LTCF's?

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Wayne county sheriff dies

I understand he was a nice guy, just not too LTCF friendly. The woman in the next office over from me lives in Wayne county, and she said that she always had to answer a zillion questions when renewing...
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Wayne County)

I believe that they will go through the First Deputy? I went into the courthouse a while back in regards to getting my LTCF and the lady told me I was best off to make an appointment. Called back to set one up, and the sheriff had fallen ill, so she set up for me to meet the First Deputy as I recall.
    Appointment is for next Wednesday the 11th, so I will let you know

(Wayne County)

Update:

Yesterday I met with Mark Steelman, Chief Deputy for Wayne County. Nice guy, really only asked if I had any questions about the license and what it entails after giving a brief outline of the basics. Most time consuming part was the receptionist filling out my app on her computer.

(Chester County)

My father got his LTCF at the end of February. Sheriff Morelli interviewed him before New Year. Wayne County waits the max 45 days before issuing the LTCF. The Sheriff told my dad it was state required. I told my father the state had 45 days to complete it not a 45 day waiting period. My father was not in a real hurry, so he did not care.

Did the acting Sheriff say it would take 45 days?

(Wayne County)

JSOC, that sounds odd to me. The last time that I renewed my LTCF was w/ Sheriff Morelli and all 6 people there walked out in under an hour. New issues and renewals. I know he interviewed everyone who applied. I was polite, honest and straight-forward and my interview lasted all of two minutes.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Wayne County)

He did not say anything about the 45 days, the lady at the counter just said when we get the letter in the mail, come back in with the photo. I was there with 2 other gentlemen and a lady, and if we could have had the application filled in and brought it with us, we probably could have all been done in 20 minutes.

(Wayne County)

This was surprising news to me as well. Morelli was tough and always wanted to interview anyone who applied for a ltcf. The Sheriff before him, Bluff did the same thing. So maybe it's a continuation. I really hope the next sheriff doesn't change how things were. It could be good and it could be worse. Morelli made me wait the 45 days and that ticked a lot of people off as well as the interview.

"I Am Become Death" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

(Wayne County)

In November, my wife decided she wanted a LTCF so she called the sheriffs office to make the appointment. They couldn't schedule her until January 22nd....yes, middle of November until January 22nd....so whatever, she waited and then went for the interview and applied. It has been 53 days now and still no license or denial. She called about it and told them they have 45 days and the receptionist told her that she was mistaken, it is 45-60 days. My wife explained they were wrong about that but they insisted it is 45 to 60 days.

Realistically now, she has waited nearly 4 months to get this license.

I'm sorry Morelli died but I hope his replacement wakes up and decides to start doing things legally. I look at it this way....what if My LTCF was going to expire in a month and I called them and was told I needed an appointment to interview but I would have to wait 2 months for that....then after the 2 month wait, I have to wait however long it is that they decide to actually issue the license...what kind of bullshit is that?

I'm tired of local agencies making up their own laws. If they do it with things like this, what else are they doing it with as well?

(Wayne County)

See, I am all for due process and not rushing something serious like this. It is obviously better that they take the time to ensure that you deserve to carry and are not a threat. BUT, that is just ridiculous what they pull in the local level.
    Time will tell how things go...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast