Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Someone sees it, now what.

I am not completely sure what other people might think about this situation, so i post on the topic.

I was at olive garden a couple of weeks ago with my gf and another couple.

i had my 9mm on me in a IWB holster tucked in the back of my pants. (where i usually carry it this time of year)

I sat down, took my jacket off and had the jacket resting on the back of the seat (the seats had open lower back)

right before we got our main meal i reached down to pull my shirt over my pants, and realized that my gun was showing some, ( i was leaned over the table conversing throughout the night) my jacket was now also down by the cushion of the seat so everyone behind me could clearly see the gun (if they looked hard enough) it wasnt poking out fully just the metal clip and some of the hammer was showing.

nobody saw it nor noticed it, and if they did, they didn't say anything.

if i already ordered my food, someone complained and i was asked to leave (which i would have politely done) would i have to pay for my food?

haha. i know thats probably not what you were thinking this thread was about but it any situation, can they make you pay for things if youre asked to leave?

if i was halfway through the meal and they asked me to leave, do i have to pay for it? or does it depend on the manager/place you're at?

thanx in advance.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Someone sees it, now what.

I think if you ordered it, and they ask you to leave, it would be up to the manager.

If you got it, half way through it and they asked to you leave and you didnt pay I suppose that could be "Theft of services"? maybe.

(Cumberland County)

I am a nice guy, i don't try to push my limits.
    if someone saw me and i was asked to leave, fine.

but if i am asked to pay for my food i would try and request one of the following:

1. get it to go
    2. not pay for it (if i havent gotten to eat any yet)
    3. ask for a discount because i am not only paying for the food but the service and atmosphere the restaurant has to offer.

some managers would be furious at me asking these questions i know.

but at the same time, if i am cc'ing and it shows, i really am at fault for it showing, correct?

its not a HUGE issue, id like to know what to expect if it does happen, never really had any issues with anyone before, hope it stays that way.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    I think if you ordered it, and they ask you to leave, it would be up to the manager.

If you got it, half way through it and they asked to you leave and you didnt pay I suppose that could be "Theft of services"? maybe.
    If they are going to ask you to leave in the middle of a meal why should you have to pay?

Would it be any different if your small family had been seated at a large table and halfway through their meal a larger party arrived and the manager decided to ask you leave so he could fill the table. Would you think you should have to pay for something you weren't permitted to finish?

In order for it to be theft of service I'd think they'd have to prove you intended not to pay after your meal was done.
    "When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can become deadly projectiles." - Unknown.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by SkSpleasure View Post

but if i am asked to pay for my food i would try and request one of the following:

1. get it to go
    3. ask for a discount because i am not only paying for the food but the service and atmosphere the restaurant has to offer.

but at the same time, if i am cc'ing and it shows, i really am at fault for it showing, correct?

its not a HUGE issue, id like to know what to expect if it does happen, never really had any issues with anyone before, hope it stays that way.
    You could ask for a discount they may give you one. I guess it would depend on where your at, for instance the OG near me, I don't there would be any problems with the managers.

Thanks coyoteJack for your saying of theft of services, that makes more sense to me, then what i thought.
    Last edited by The Unknown 1087; March 5th, 2009 at 05:14 PM.

(Snyder County)

Open carry is perfectly legal in PA. So even if your gun does print, your shirt rides up and shows, or someone sees it, it is not illegal and you are not at fault for anything but making sure you and the ones you are with are safe.

(Allegheny County)

1. get it to go

you are at no fault at all for it showing, OPEN CARRY is perfectly legal.

read my post about OC on Valentines day. red lobster and olive garden are the same. no issues OCing at either.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Monroe County)

If the manager asked me to leave you should say "i want you to understand since you're asking me to leave that you are also asking me not to pay for a meal i did not receive". Then leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Montgomery County)

I think you enter into an agrement with a restaurant when you sit down and order food. They agree to provide a meal to your satisfaction and you agree to pay for it.
    It seems to me that if they decide to terminate that agreement before you are done, that you are either not obligated to complete the transaction, or at the very least, should only pay a portion of the bill. As someone stated earlier, much of the reason to go out to eat is the atmosphere and the service.
    Of course if you have ordered but not recieved or touched your food, then the only logical thing to do would be to get up and leave without paying a penny.

Of course, this is just MHO, I could be wrong.
    I can tell you've been rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

(Lackawanna County)

I OC in OG all the time. Last week, I had my XD, guy at the table across from me said it was 'mean looking', raised his shirt and showed his Glock, looked like a 17.

I was going to offer my condolences, but why piss off a fellow carrier?
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast