Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default A Casual OC Saturday.

Non-Event here but I would like to post because it was a good full day of OC'ing all around Monroe County.

This past saturday my girlfriend and I decided to spend the day out running a few errands and doing some stuff for ourselves. First stop, the gas station here in Effort. Non-event, the staff have actually come to my defense in previous incidents, exclaiming that its legal to OC in PA, while other customers questioned my legality. Walked in and out, pumped my gas and left. Most people don't even notice I'm OC'ing until we're standing in line.
    The best part about OC'ing though, is the dirt bags that are hanging out by the door at the gas station, who are up to no good, always make way for my path!

Then we headed off to the Snydersville Diner, kind of a legend around these parts. The establishment used to be a 24/7 operation up until a few years ago. There was a shoot out with some criminal and the police, the bad guy ended up dead. So they are only open during normal service hours anymore. Knowing that this occured, I felt somewhat anxious as we arrived, but decided to go ahead and walk in. The waitresses noticed immediatly but said nothing. The hostess took us to our booth and we proceeded to enjoy a great breakfast. I was sitting strong side out and just about all of the people walking out of the diner noticed my firearm and gave some odd, inquisitive stares, but kept moving. We paid, and left. I actually left my aviators on the table and the waitress was nice enough to bring them out and catch us as we were pulling away.

Then off to main street in Stroudsburg. Theres this little trendy hardcore lingerie store, my girl wanted to head in there and get some items. Well, this part has nothing to do with OC, I would just like to let everyone with a woman know, BRING HER THERE!!! So the store owners didn't seem to mind I was OC'ing, made no mention of it.

Next we walked down the street to this nice little cafe and she grabbed some over priced caffeinated hot drink with an unappealing name. Sat down, she drank her little cup and finished up.

Since we were on main street, we decided to head into Dunklebergers. She told me to go wander off on my own as she was looking to pick me up a gift and wanted to get a few ideas. Nobody mentioned my OC there and we left about 15 minutes later and headed back down main street to my car.

Then we had to do some grocery shopping and wanted to buy some DVDs. We headed off to Walmart in East Stroudsburg. This is the walmart where that man was walking out to his car unloading his groceries over the summer, when two young black males approached him and asked for his money. Though he gave them his wallet they opened fire, and he took cover and dropped the attacker, he had his LTCF. We were in there for about 45 minutes shopping around, ran into a professor, chatted for a bit. It appeared that some of the managers were turned on to my OC'ing as they seemed to be grouped together and looking at me for quite some time. One appeared to be upset but nothing was said. He just kept "checking up" on us every few minutes. Paid for our items and then left. Aside from that, nobody said anything, which is amazing because this walmart is slammed, as are the entire Poconos because of all the city dwellers here on the weekend. People definatly noticed, but no comments or conversation were made this time.

This is pretty long, but I figured I would toss it up here. A day of OC'ing in the ever crowding Poconos.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Default Re: A Casual OC Saturday.

If you go into the Mr.Z's across the street OC, they may ask if we're related Good report bro.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Monroe County)

Most of the time I CC but when I do OC around stroudsburg no one ever bothers me..but hey if you ever do have a problem let them call out the police. All the SARPD Leo's are good people.

(Monroe County)

If you go into the Mr.Z's across the street OC, they may ask if we're related Good report bro.
    Alright next time we're there and we need to go food shopping we"ll swing in and see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by kmazz View Post
    Most of the time I CC but when I do OC around stroudsburg no one ever bothers me..but hey if you ever do have a problem let them call out the police. All the SARPD Leo's are good people.
    Well I can't speak much for SARPD as I know they've harassed some area residents for OC'ing out there. However I know the chief is a good guy.
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    It appeared that some of the managers were turned on to my OC'ing as they seemed to be grouped together and looking at me for quite some time.
    I'm turned on to your OCing.

Open Carry: it's whats for dinner.

(York County)

^

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by steveforopen View Post

This is wrong on so many levels.

Is this the change Obama was looking for?

What the hell is on the toilet behind him? Do I even want to know?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by steveforopen View Post

LOL WTF>???

(Beaver County)

Who caught p-11 on his throne???
    In a world of compromise some men dont.