Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default McDonald's and sheeple !

My father is retired and carries every day, and every morning he meets with a group of 7 or 8 other retired gentlemen for coffee at the local McDonald's. None of the others in the group carry, and think that my father is paranoid for doing so.

Yesterday while the group was having coffee my father notices a pickup truck pulling into the parking lot, followed by a police cruiser with the lights flashing. He mentioned to the group that, "it looked like someone was going to get a ticket." The others glanced briefly, and went back to their conversation.

The truck pulled into the first space, about 10 feet from the building, and the LEO pulled their cruiser behind them blocking the truck in. Two LEO, exited the cruiser weapons drawn, and aimed at the truck.

My father told the group that, "it looked like more than a ticket was involved." This got the groups attention, and soon all of them, along with everyone else in the dinning area, where headed to the window to get a better look. There where so many onlookers that my father could no longer see what was going on. So he got up and moved as far back in the dinning area as he could, and where he could see both entrances.

After a while whatever was going on outside ceased to be of interest to the onlookers and everyone returned to their seats. My father could now see that the 3 occupants of the pickup where handcuffed, and leaning against the LEO cruiser, so he returned to his seat as well.

When he sat back down my father asked the group, "if they still thought he was paranoid", and they all laughed and said that maybe he was not. My father then asked the group, "why he was the only one who did not know about the windows." One of them asked what the hell he was talking about, and my father explained, "that he had just seen everyone in the dinning area run to within 15 feet of what was a potential gun fight, and that he must be the only one there that did not know that the windows where bullet proof."

Dad said that there where a few nervous chuckles, and a few blank stares as what he was saying sunk in. He told them all goodbye, and headed home. He told me that he would see how many of them actually got it, when he met them this morning.

He is not all that hopeful.

(Adams County)

Default Re: McDonald's and sheeple !

Your dad sounds awesome. Love the "why wasn't I the only one who didn't know the windows were bulletproof" line. Great stuff, right there. He's a smart man for getting away from there.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Funny story!! It just goes to show you that anything can happen, anywhere, and at any time. Things could have gone very bad in that situation and all your dad's buddies would have been running to get behind him, knowing he was the only one with a gun. I'm glad nothing happened and your dad got a good laugh from it.

(Lebanon County)

The next step is for him to ask them if they want to go shooting with him. No reason to rush them out to the gun shop to buy anything yet. Get them out to the range and shooting first. It will all be downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    The next step is for him to ask them if they want to go shooting with him. No reason to rush them out to the gun shop to buy anything yet. Get them out to the range and shooting first. It will all be downhill from there.
    Mel, the sad, (depending on how you look at it), fact is, that my father has purchased some very nice firearms from those folks. He has aquired several mint Smith & Wesson snub nosed revolvers, and some very nice long guns, that once belonged to these guys fathers. They refused to see the need for them, and sold them very cheaply to my Dad "the gun nut".

I wonder what my father would charge them, to get them back now ? It might get interesting.
    Last edited by kurt 10/22; March 3rd, 2009 at 08:30 PM.

(Dauphin County)

I wonder what my father would charge them, to get them back now ? It might get interesting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For me, the answer would be "Not For Sale".

There's just something about inevitable things happening to the anti-gun Sheeple that furthers my beliefs in the Process Of Natural Selection.

Call me a sadist for me if you must. I've been called worse.

-38SnubFan

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 38SnubFan View Post
    For me, the answer would be "Not For Sale".

There's just something about inevitable things happening to the anti-gun Sheeple that furthers my beliefs in the Process Of Natural Selection.

Call me a sadist for me if you must. I've been called worse.

-38SnubFan
    That was exactly what I thought when he said they sold him all their guns....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(York County)

I find it very odd that these people saw guns being drawn on someone and they all flock to the scene, but if they see someone walking around with a gun in holster they get all freaked out? whats with that?

(Dauphin County)

rep sent for yoru pop. thats great to see someone who actually gets it!!!!

obviously his friends do not, sad but part of life.
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by autotech6506 View Post
    I find it very odd that these people saw guns being drawn on someone and they all flock to the scene, but if they see someone walking around with a gun in holster they get all freaked out? whats with that?
    LOL: Good point!
    You think maybe they confused the big window for a large flat screen T.V.?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast