Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Rifle subforums?

First of all, I never got around to saying how much I like the site resdesign. And now that sucking up to admin's out of the way...

How about subforums in the rifle subforum? Okay, I know that would be a royal pain in the ass so I don't blame anyone for dismissing the idea out of hand, but I think it would be easier to organize info that way, what I was thinking for categories is this:

--AR/M4 and variants forum
    --AK/SKS/Saiga and variants forum
    --Other semi-auto
    --Bolt-action
    --Lever-action
    --Muzzleloader

Also, someone a while back had suggested an "AK buyers guide" sticky. I think that would be awesome, as well as an "AR buyers guide" sticky.

Like I said, pain in the ass, I know, but it's one way to better compartmentalize info, especially with everyone complaining about the new search function.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Rifle subforums?

I wouldn't do forums, but I do actually have an idea for this...

We might be able to use Thread Prefixes for it.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    I wouldn't do forums, but I do actually have an idea for this...

We might be able to use Thread Prefixes for it.
    Thread prefixes?
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene V. Debs View Post
    Thread prefixes?
    The Classified section currently uses prefixes for WTS, WTT, WTB. You can use the sort feature at the bottom of the page to only see the prefix you want. Maybe Dan is going to try to use custom prefixes in the Rifles subforum so that you can do the same thing with AR's, AK, etc.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bdevil73 View Post
    The Classified section currently uses prefixes for WTS, WTT, WTB. You can use the sort feature at the bottom of the page to only see the prefix you want. Maybe Dan is going to try to use custom prefixes in the Rifles subforum so that you can do the same thing with AR's, AK, etc.
    Oh, I see...yeah, that would work. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

(Philadelphia County)

I think it's a great idea, we just need to come up with a list of available prefixes we'd want.

I think we'd want to keep the list to around 10 so it's not huge, but also enough to break out the various common types of rifles discussed.

I leave that up to all of you. Eugene, if you could take the lead and consolidate a list of all the breakdowns you guys would want in your original post and then PM me when it's done, I will look into setting it up.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    I think it's a great idea, we just need to come up with a list of available prefixes we'd want.

I think we'd want to keep the list to around 10 so it's not huge, but also enough to break out the various common types of rifles discussed.

I leave that up to all of you. Eugene, if you could take the lead and consolidate a list of all the breakdowns you guys would want in your original post and then PM me when it's done, I will look into setting it up.
    Thanks Dan. I was thinking of the categories I listed above, but I started a thread in the Rifle forum to see if anyone's got different ideas for prefixes. I'll get back to you with the results of that.