Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default That Senate Bill That Passed Today Contains Gun Control Money

For an additional amount for ‘State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance’, $90,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2010, for competitive grants to provide assistance and equipment to local law enforcement along the Southern border and in High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas to combat criminal narcotics activity stemming from the Southern border, of which $10,000,000 shall be transferred to ‘Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Salaries and Expenses’ for the ATF Project Gunrunner.

For an additional amount for ‘State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance’, $300,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2010, for assistance to Indian tribes, notwithstanding Public Law 108-199, division B, title I, section 112(a)(1) (118 Stat. 62), of which–

(1) $250,000,000 shall be available for grants under section 20109 of subtitle A of title II of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (Public Law 103-322);

(2) $25,000,000 shall be available for the Tribal Courts Initiative; and

(3) $25,000,000 shall be available for tribal alcohol and substance abuse drug reduction assistance grants.

For an additional amount for ‘State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance’, $100,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2010, to be distributed by the Office for Victims of Crime in accordance with section 1402(d)(4) of the Victims of Crime Act of 1984 (Public Law 98-473).

For an additional amount for ‘State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance’, $150,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2010, for assistance to law enforcement in rural areas, to prevent and combat crime, especially drug-related crime.

For an additional amount for ‘State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance’, $50,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2010, for Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) initiatives.

Default Re: That Senate Bill That Passed Today Contains Gun Control Money

Where in all that do you see "gun control" money or are we reading things in that aren't there cause I sure as shit don't see one word about gun control.

Methinks you are looking for "ghost in the machine"

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Where in all that do you see "gun control" money or are we reading things in that aren't there cause I sure as shit don't see one word about gun control.

Methinks you are looking for "ghost in the machine"
    Agreed. I think the closest thing would be monies for the BATF for Project Gunrunner. Still don't see the gun control money.

(Monroe County)

You guys are making it very hard for people like me to be taken seriously as an Obama detractor.......Please think before you post....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Let's say that that Senate bill that passed today has the possibility of providing lots of money that could very easily be used for gun control, without being created in such a vapid fashion as to specifically earmark anything for the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    Let's say that that Senate bill that passed today has the possibility of providing lots of money that could very easily be used for gun control, without being created in such a vapid fashion as to specifically earmark anything for the purpose.
    Oh come on now! Have you joined the ranks of the tin foil hat club? This BULLSHIT stimulus bill is nothing more than throwing good money after bad ... let's not read more into it than there really is.

While we don't agree often I never thought you would jump into the tin foil hat BS

I'm not ramming a tin-foil chapeau down over my turban just yet, thank you. I'm simply saying that the spending allocations have a lot of nooks and crannies for things that might not bear scrutiny were they otherwise labeled with more care and exactitude, that's all.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to watching my sector of the night sky for unnumbered black Bell Jet-Rangers skimming along in whisper mode, thank you.

By the by, here's some 4:3 aspect ratio wallpaper for all you rotary-wing aviation nuts: http://www.pulsarmedia.eu/data/media...0Wallpaper.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Oh come on now! Have you joined the ranks of the tin foil hat club? This BULLSHIT stimulus bill is nothing more than throwing good money after bad ... let's not read more into it than there really is.

While we don't agree often I never thought you would jump into the tin foil hat BS
    Last edited by King 5.45; February 11th, 2009 at 12:29 AM.