Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: pocket holsters

(Montgomery County)

Smile pocket holsters

I am new to this and I would like to know what people think about a pocket holster for a rossi model 351 2".
    Last edited by yldwill; February 7th, 2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling

(York County)

Default Re: pocket holsters

I really like Mika's holsters.
    It looks like that Rossi is all steel. That might be a bit heavy for pocket carry. Only you can determine that.
    Wrap your UNLOADED revolver in a cloth, such as a handkerchief and carry it throughout your day in your normal attire going about your normal activities. I'm sure you'll know if pocket carry works with your Rossi within a few hours.

BTW, I do pocket carry with a snubby. I did find out steel guns don't work for me. I carry one of two lightweight .38's (both Taurus) in my pocket (Mikas holster) at all times.
    Last edited by RoyJackson; February 7th, 2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: spelling error

(Westmoreland County)

I carry my S&W Airweight .38 snubbie in a pocket holster everyday. The alloy frame really makes a difference. I have pocket-carried other handguns in the past, and although they were heavier, it still worked well.

Take a look at the Desantis Nemesis Holster. I have a S&W 637 that is carried in one of these.

(Lackawanna County)

I used to carry my S&W 649 .357 snub in a pocket holster made by Kramer it was very comfortable for normal carry but extended sitting like in a car on a long trip the holster and gun found a home between the seat and the console with my hand resting on the handle of the gun as I drive.

The Kramer holster is made of high quality leather. The particular firearm I own is made of solid stainless steel and is not real light it is actually heavier then the airweights. I have since pretty much changed over to using a different pistol and holster for my regular carry.

I hope this helps. I thought you might also want to consider some of the custom holsters available out there as well.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson