Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pennsy and the three monsters

Today was orthodontist day for our little Plinkette. She had a lengthy appointment as an appliance that has been stuck in her mouth for almost a year was scheduled to come out. So I arrived at the office with my usual SIG Sauer and a book to keep myself occupied. Lately my SIG of choice has been a nice big black P220 complete with a beavertail to make it look even more ee-ville.

There were three boys, brothers, who were tearing the place up. It was like three Tasmanian devils running around in there! The doctor has a laptop which he uses for the kids to sign in for their appointment, and they were beating on the thing. Mom was around the corner talking to the receptionist, so I gave them a stern look. It slowed them down a bit, but not much. Mom shortly appeared, apologized to me, hollered at the kids, and went back around the corner.

I removed my coat, and took a seat. The middle boy (middle in size anyway, if not age) looked me over. I waited, and as I expected, his eyes bulged right out of his head when he saw the pistol - sort of like this. He looked back up at me and I gave him a big smile - nothing nasty or anything, just a nice big friendly smile. He smiled back, and then squirmed onto a seat right next to his brother. He started nudging his brother and whispering in his ear. When I saw him do that out of the corner of my eye, I looked fully at him and gave him another big smile. He straightened up like he had been hit with a cattle prod. If you can sit at attention, he did it. I looked down to my book again, and again I saw him start to whisper to his brother, hand cupped over his mouth and everything. So I gave him another smile. I got the same reaction. But this time he smiled back a little. We went through this whole thing one more time before Mom came back around the corner and started in hollering at them and apologizing to everyone else in the building.

She got their coats on them, and I gave the boy one last smile goodbye. He smiled back and ran out the door with his brothers. I can just imagine what the conversation must have been like in that car on the way home today.

Default Re: Pennsy and the three monsters

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    She got their coats on them, and I gave the boy one last smile goodbye. He smiled back and ran out the door with his brothers. I can just imagine what the conversation must have been like in that car on the way home today.
    Hell they didn't even make the car I bet before it was "MOMMY MOMMY that man had a GUN"

To which she probably answered, being sick of their crap, "OK, fine no get in the car and SHUT UP"

(Monroe County)

My guess would be the hellions get told about every five minutes that the big bad policemen are going to come get them if they don't behave, which they have probably blown off as another of mom's unfulfilled threats...until today when the BIG BAD guy with a gun gave them a stern look......

Great post Pennsy

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Today was orthodontist day for our little Plinkette. She had a lengthy appointment as an appliance that has been stuck in her mouth for almost a year was scheduled to come out. So I arrived at the office with my usual SIG Sauer and a book to keep myself occupied. Lately my SIG of choice has been a nice big black P220 complete with a beavertail to make it look even more ee-ville.

There were three boys, brothers, who were tearing the place up. It was like three Tasmanian devils running around in there! The doctor has a laptop which he uses for the kids to sign in for their appointment, and they were beating on the thing. Mom was around the corner talking to the receptionist, so I gave them a stern look. It slowed them down a bit, but not much. Mom shortly appeared, apologized to me, hollered at the kids, and went back around the corner.

I removed my coat, and took a seat. The middle boy (middle in size anyway, if not age) looked me over. I waited, and as I expected, his eyes bulged right out of his head when he saw the pistol - sort of like this. He looked back up at me and I gave him a big smile - nothing nasty or anything, just a nice big friendly smile. He smiled back, and then squirmed onto a seat right next to his brother. He started nudging his brother and whispering in his ear. When I saw him do that out of the corner of my eye, I looked fully at him and gave him another big smile. He straightened up like he had been hit with a cattle prod. If you can sit at attention, he did it. I looked down to my book again, and again I saw him start to whisper to his brother, hand cupped over his mouth and everything. So I gave him another smile. I got the same reaction. But this time he smiled back a little. We went through this whole thing one more time before Mom came back around the corner and started in hollering at them and apologizing to everyone else in the building.

Somehow, this doesn't suprise me, Pennsy seems to have a way about him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    ... Pennsy seems to have a way about him!!!
    Tell me about it...........

(Dauphin County)

Great story Plinker! I'd send my two boys your way the next time they decide to become a bit destructive, but only one problem..........

.....I OC in their presence and they STILL decide to terrorize things!

-38SnubFan

(Dauphin County)

i know he makes me feel all warm and cozy inside
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Luzerne County)

My son has promised NOT to set fire to the tablecloth this year at the picnic because of you.

Ok, it was really because of me...BUT...

I was lol @ this story. I can imagine the story she heard. lol

PROUD WIFE OF PA. PATRIOT
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. "-Thomas Jefferson

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    My guess would be the hellions get told about every five minutes that the big bad policemen are going to come get them if they don't behave, which they have probably blown off as another of mom's unfulfilled threats...until today when the BIG BAD guy with a gun gave them a stern look......

Great post Pennsy
    If I had a dime for every time I have been eating lunch in a restaurant and had a parent say something like that to their kid! "If you dont eat your carrots, he's gonna take you away." What a brilliant lesson to teach your kids. Then when he or she gets lost in the mall they run away from police instead of to them.

Why do you need a license to own a dog?

(Indiana County)

Why do you need a license to own a dog?
    You don't.

The authorities say that if you have dogs they have to be licensed, but you don't need a license to own a dog.

The authorities can say many, many things. Whether a citizen obeys their orders is another thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast