Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Winter in Pennsylvania

Last edited by mikey; March 6th, 2010 at 12:53 AM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Winter in Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    Dear Diary:
    Jun 10 - Sold the car, the house, and moved to Florida. I can't imagine why anyone in their freaking' mind would ever want to live in the God forsaken State of Pennsylvania.
    Take me! take me!!!!!!!!

Snow plows are assholes haha.

We have a shorter and more to the point saying up here.

We got two seasons:
    Winter and the 4th of July, and that's pretty darn close most years.
    FUCK BIDEN

We have been in NEPA since 1986 and at first it was wonderful but I have to say

I HATE WINTER IN PA

We wanted to sell our house 2 years ago. We planned on tapping into the real estate insanity move down to SE Florida, rent an apartment and watch the real estate bubble burst (yes I knew it back then) and then swoop in with cash and grab a nice house.

BUT in January 2006 a 75 foot tree hit our house and our ASSHOLE homeowners insurance company took 15 months to pay us.... fast forward from the HOTTEST real estate market (the house behind us and next to us sold in under 2 days and for WAY too much) into the worst real estate market in history!

So here we sit with an inch of ice in our driveway (actually put up a sign today saying "dangerous ice, travel at your own risk") and 6 foot piles of what was once snow and is now solid ice all over my parking area ... my 14 year old dog can't walk across the yard because she slips, falls and panics .... oh yeah I just LOVE Winter in PA ... like I would love a 5 day long root canal.

GOD SAVE ME AND SEND ME TO FLORIDA!

(Delaware County)

It makes it worse when every Thursday your family in Florida sends you pictures form the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    GOD SAVE ME AND SEND ME TO FLORIDA!
    I know I'm weird, but winter just does not bother me. It can be a struggle but IMO so is 90+deg weather. I could never live in FL. Hell I would move to AK if I could figure out how to make a buck. Anyone have Palin's #????
    FUCK BIDEN

(Allegheny County)

That was seriously funny...Good one...

I was tired and ready for bed..After laughing so much I'm not that tired..Thanks

Rich

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I know I'm weird, but winter just does not bother me. It can be a struggle but IMO so is 90+deg weather. I could never live in FL. Hell I would move to AK if I could figure out how to make a buck. Anyone have Palin's #????
    I'm with you! I love the winter up there.My Business is 60ft. from my front door so I do not have that everyday white knuckle drive to and from work.
    We hear of bad weather,we hit town with our two page supply's list,beer,wine,chips,etc.!We've got three fire places,home theater room,master bedroom and family room.We've also got a back-up generator,gives us everything but hot water.I do understand and feel for those not so fortunate for we,(my wife and I),are quite self sufficient and a bit remote.Luckly,my wife and I are best friends and lovers,a very important combo in incliment times,we snuggle and watch the fire dance in the whatever fire place. We just love it and miss it very much for we are not home right now.Hang in there all,spring is coeming and don't forget about your two weeks of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    I'm with you! I love the winter up there.My Business is 60ft. from my front door so I do not have that everyday white knuckle drive to and from work.
    We hear of bad weather,we hit town with our two page supply's list,beer,wine,chips,etc.!We've got three fire places,home theater room,master bedroom and family room.We've also got a back-up generator,gives us everything but hot water.I do understand and feel for those not so fortunate for we,(my wife and I),are quite self sufficient and a bit remote.Luckly,my wife and I are best friends and lovers,a very important combo in incliment times,we snuggle and watch the fire dance in the whatever fire place. We just love it and miss it very much for we are not home right now.Hang in there all,spring is coeming and don't forget about your two weeks of summer.
    I agree somewhat .. our 'commute' is from the bedroom downstairs to the coffee maker and back upstairs to the office ... we have enough food and supplies (cigs not included) to go good 6 months so for us most 'snow storms' are 'oh well ... it's a jammy day'

BUT ... I miss our garden, I miss running the dogs for an hour or two .. I miss my naked wife in the hot tub at 11:00 .... DAMN I MISS summer

(Delaware County)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast