Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default My right to carry is gone.

Well, I guess I will go through the whole story......

I have been here on PAFOA fow a bit, and learned many, many things, so to everyone, thank you, but i probably won't be around much anymore, really no point.

Here is my tale.....

Back in '98 i plead guilty to a few misdemeanors, all non-violent, no drug or alcohol stuff, being young, stupid, and running with a few people i shouldn't have been, well, those days have come to bite me in the ass. For those of you that are curious, it was theft related. Like I said, young, stupid, what have you, but nowadays I realize what an ass I used to be, and am not the person that i was 10 years ago, family, children, real life shows you what is important. And being cool and trying to impress people you once thought were cool is not important, but hindsight is 20/20

As some of you know, I have held a FL permit for almost 3 years, and figured that I would go ahead and get my Pa ltcf, well, no dice.

Apparently one of the things I plead to was an M1, so I am a prohibited person, of course being young and stupid, I was under the FALSE impression that as long as I didn't have a FELONY that I would keep my rights. Obviously I was wrong.

In june '08 I filled out the LTCF app. and was denied, so i appealed, and the PSP denied, alas I appealed to the Pa Attorney Gen. Office.

Today was my hearing in Harrisburg, and even though that the criminal history report bares the wrong social security #, my appeal was still denied.

So apparently I am federally prohibited, yet managed to pass the background and criminal history checks to get my Fl permit, regardless of that, the administrative law judge said the denial was upheld.

So i guess my last course of action is to start the pardon process. I'm not sure where that will lead, but I it's the only way to get my rights back, and to clear up the road for my future.

I just wanted to say so long, and thanks, and if I am able to get my rights back to me, well I know where to come.

good bye everyone.

chesire17201

Default Re: My right to carry is gone.

Good luck Bud! I hope to see you again!
    ΑΣΦ

(Bucks County)

You've followed it through to this point, so I won't be surprised when you post to say you were able to get it all worked out. Good luck!

Chris

You are PA prohibited, not necessarily federally prohibitted.

There are still avenues to take through the legal system to have your rights restored. Don't give up yet... there are folks on this board that can help give you the advise you need.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Lawrence County)

You can't leave the forum because of that, stay... You're a valuable contributer and there is no kind of disqualification that will take away your experience...

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Luzerne County)

That is very sad news. I hope things work out for you. You probably never thought when you were pleading guilty all that time ago that you would be giving up your rights to carry or how important they were. Good luck, stick with it!

(Luzerne County)

Start the processfor the pardon. And there is still no reason to leave the forum. You are still progun.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    You are PA prohibited, not necessarily federally prohibitted.

There are still avenues to take through the legal system to have your rights restored. Don't give up yet... there are folks on this board that can help give you the advise you need.
    Yes, any M-1 conviction in PA will trigger the Federal prohibition of 18 USC 922(d)(1) (as modified by 18 USC 921 (20)), so he is in fact prohibited from carrying and even possession. He cannot own any guns, including handguns and long guns.

10 years since conviction is a good starting point for a pardon. With the right lawyer and a solid current lifestyle, a pardon application has a chance to succeed.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Yes, any M-1 conviction in PA will trigger the Federal prohibition of 18 USC 922(d)(1) (as modified by 18 USC 921 (20)), so he is in fact prohibited from carrying and even possession. He cannot own any guns, including handguns and long guns.

10 years since conviction is a good starting point for a pardon. With the right lawyer and a solid current lifestyle, a pardon application has a chance to succeed.
    What he said. Good luck.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Allegheny County)

but you didnt have any issues getting a FL permit or passing PICS to buy since then ?

----------------------------------------------------------------
    stick around and contribute, keep us updated, let us help if we can, and GOOD LUCK.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast