Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Help with a CZ Rami P ??

Alright, so I just picked up a new CZ Rami P from Cabelas....it was on sale for $415 and after credits & Christmas gift cards, I only had to shell out $165...that's the good part. It fit my hand perfectly, points like a 1911 and has the ability to be carried cocked & locked. I picked it up over a Sig 2022 (which they have a GREAT deal on....$499) only because I already have a full size 9mm for range fun (Beretta 92). I plan on using this for CC because it is lighter and thinner my Steyr M40.

I took it out to the range today and threw 150 rounds through it. I ended up having about 4 FTE right at 12 O'click. The pistol did become very dirty (I was using WWB). The recoil was VERY stout...more so than my .40 Steyr or .45 XD. I imagine that's due to the 3" barrel & thin grip....but no problem.

The trigger pull was terrible...had to be at least 14lbs in DA and maybe 6 or 7 in SA...and it was looooong.

So, I guess my questions are: Should I be worried about the FTE? None of my other pistols have required a "break in". The gun was cleaned of factory junk & re-lubbed. 2. Should I worry about about the trigger pull or will this smooth out over time? Anyone know of any local gunsmiths that specialize in CZ's or would any gunsmith work it out? Or, do I put another 2-300 rounds through her to see what happens?

I suppose another option is to return it to Cabelas & buy the Sig for another $70. I know that the Sig is a super nice gun & very high quality (and worth the additional $$), but it's as big as my Steyr and would defeat the purpose of having a smaller weapon.

Thanks for ANY insight or help anyone can give me, especially any other RAMI owners!

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Help with a CZ Rami P ??

I don't know much about CZ's other than they are usually reliable but 150 rounds is NOT dirty enough to be the cause of a malfunction.

Let me re-phraise that. If the residue from 150 rounds caused the malfunction then that is NOT a gun I'd want to carry.

(Berks County)

well, that's the confusing part....yes, the chamber was VERY dirty. The 1st 50 rounds were S&B which I have found be be pretty clean. I wonder if I didn't get all of the factory protective lube out (or maybe it worked it's way out during firing). I continued firing after the FTE's and didn't have any more in say the last 30 rounds I put through it, even when I purposely limped wristed it.

I did read a lot of good things in general about CZ's in general and that's one of things that steered me towards the RAMI.

Or, am I an idiot for passing up on the Sig????

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by QUADZILLA View Post
    Or, am I an idiot for passing up on the Sig????
    I don't know if I'd say idiot, but I think I'd take a Sig over a CZ. I think they are a better gun.

I think there's a problem with yours. Maybe see if it'll shoot out, but I doube factory lubrication has anything to do with it.

(Berks County)

Well, Some GREAT news with this little pistol! I cleaned it up good & did a fluff & buff on her. I found a burr on the slide....not sure if that was part of the problem or not. I used a dremel & some jewler's rouge on the slide rails & feed ramp....they look like a mirror! Cleaned it yet again & used some FP-10.

I took it out to the range today with another 250 rounds of ammo. I used a little bit of everything....Wolf, Aluminum CCI, WWB Winchester,S&B, PMC and even some Ultra-max lead nose reloads. She ran like a champ! Not a single FTF or FTE. I even tried limp wristing it but couln't get her to hiccup! The sights need to be adjusted a little...but wow I really like this little pistol. It even fits in a Bianchi Carry Lock holster made for a Glock 19 perfectly....as well as my Galco IWB holster I use for my Steyr. I think it'll be the perfect summer time CCW.

In addition, I got the trigger to smooth out 110% by some firing with a snap cap (about 200 times!) and a little polish & lube on the internals....not quite like glass yet, but I think it'll break in real nice now.

Next up will be about 40 rounds of hollow points that I'll be using for CC, but it looks like I'll have to wait out the snow!

(Northampton County)

I picked one up last week. Put 200 rounds of WWB through it without a single issue. Did yours come with 2 14rd mags or one 14rd and one 10rd? The trigger pull didn't seem that bad. There is a bit of take up before you feel the trigger get tight, but then it breaks fine imo. I love mine, and picked it up for CC.

(Allegheny County)

GOOD NEWS !

cool, if there was an issue CZ customer service is good and would take care of it.

yeah, one CZ I had my FFL (miss the gropa) brought to group shoot before i took possesion of it. freezing cold i hit it with a spray can of CLP and shot the snot out of it with no issues.

their good guns at a great price.

if you could quantify price/quality the CZ line would get a pretty high rating as far as their value goes.

and i know on my 40B the trigger cleaned up real nice with a competition hammer and the resulting trigger job.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by amill94 View Post
    I picked one up last week. Put 200 rounds of WWB through it without a single issue. Did yours come with 2 14rd mags or one 14rd and one 10rd? The trigger pull didn't seem that bad. There is a bit of take up before you feel the trigger get tight, but then it breaks fine imo. I love mine, and picked it up for CC.
    AMMIL94- Interesting point on the mags!
    I forgot to check the box on check-out at Cabelas (I just checked the serial number). When I got it out to clean, I discovered I had only 1 -14 round mag. I went back up to Cabelas today & they took care of me. When I was looking at the display before I bought one, it had the 10 round mag & the tag said 14 round was included with the two mags. They ended up opening all of the boxes in the bag & found everyone had 2-14 round mags and 1 box had 2-10 rounders in it. I told them I REALLY prefered the 10 round mag since I was going to CC with it. They hooked me up & gave me an additional 14 round one....so now I have 2-14's and 1-10...perfect! Cabelas may be a little higher than most gun shops for the most part, but they DO know how to do customer service!

Incidently, the price went from$415 on Sunday to $568 today! Sunday must have been the last day of the sale.

All in all, I couldn't be happier especially after it only cost me $165 out the door!!! Sometimes the squirrel gets the nut I guess.......

I stopped by Gun Traders & picked up some Wolf Silver Bear to see how that goes as well.

I love how this feels like a 1911 in the hand......and to have the ability to carry in condition 1....sweet.

Cabelas also had two CZ's in the used case...a CZ40 and a 75 I think at a pretty good price.

Not to mention a LAR .223 AR for $1100 used....Gun Traders had some nice Colts and an M&P 15 at pretty good prices along with a very intersting Remington PUMP .223 that was marked police tacticle (it took high cap AR mags). That was around $500 and was CHERRY. Might be time to pick up a 4th job!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by QUADZILLA View Post
    AMMIL94- Interesting point on the mags!
    I forgot to check the box on check-out at Cabelas (I just checked the serial number). When I got it out to clean, I discovered I had only 1 -14 round mag. I went back up to Cabelas today & they took care of me. When I was looking at the display before I bought one, it had the 10 round mag & the tag said 14 round was included with the two mags. They ended up opening all of the boxes in the bag & found everyone had 2-14 round mags and 1 box had 2-10 rounders in it. I told them I REALLY prefered the 10 round mag since I was going to CC with it. They hooked me up & gave me an additional 14 round one....so now I have 2-14's and 1-10...perfect! Cabelas may be a little higher than most gun shops for the most part, but they DO know how to do customer service!

Incidently, the price went from$415 on Sunday to $568 today! Sunday must have been the last day of the sale.

All in all, I couldn't be happier especially after it only cost me $165 out the door!!! Sometimes the squirrel gets the nut I guess.......

I stopped by Gun Traders & picked up some Wolf Silver Bear to see how that goes as well.

I love how this feels like a 1911 in the hand......and to have the ability to carry in condition 1....sweet.

Cabelas also had two CZ's in the used case...a CZ40 and a 75 I think at a pretty good price.

Not to mention a LAR .223 AR for $1100 used....Gun Traders had some nice Colts and an M&P 15 at pretty good prices along with a very intersting Remington PUMP .223 that was marked police tacticle (it took high cap AR mags). That was around $500 and was CHERRY. Might be time to pick up a 4th job!

I wish I would have gotten a 10rd with mine. I got the 2 14rd mags. Anyway, I got mine for the same price. The sale tag expired on 12/31 and I bought it on 1/1. It rang up for $559 but they dropped it to $419 no problem. Anyway, looks like 10rd mags are $37/piece online. Is there a decocker on this gun like the hk's have? Haven't played with it too much in that regard. Is there anyway to carry it with one in the chamber and the hammer down so I have DA for the first round?

(Berks County)

Quadzilla,

You asked about a gunsmith for the CZ... Try the Handgunner's Shop in Topton. They're a CZ dealer and do good gunsmithing with all sorts of handguns.
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    the line between obnoxious and retarded is a thin one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast