Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Question CCW clarification?

I need to renew my permit here in Bucks and was just reviewing the County web page. It says, "Fee for a license to carry is $46.00. Cash only, no personal checks will be accepted. The license is valid for five years from date of issue. An upgrade to the new plastic card from the present paper permit is $21.00. Paper permits are still available for $29.00 (two digital photos required, available at our offices for $10)."

Am I correct reading this to mean that they are issuing plastic card permits for $46 out the door, or the old paper permit for $29 out the door including the cost of photos? Their statement is a bit confusing. 5 years ago they just xeroxed my drivers license for the photo and issued a paper permit for $19.

Thanks for any help clearing this up.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: CCW clarification?

I recently took my GF to Doylestown to get her LTCF...out the door in 20 minutes for 46 cash - i think they have the smoothest running process I've ever seen! If you provide them with your passport sized photo's, they will still issue the paper card for less, but for the durability and my money - the 46 is a bargan.

Anyway, just my two penny's...Oh, and they take your photo right then and there just like the DMV, but everyone ends up looking like a serial killer

(Cambria County)

As being a former Bucks resident, and currently a Mongomery resident, I can say Bucks is WAY better to deal with. Even with a well past expired CCW, I was able to simply renew in Bucks. (yea, they stuck a xeroxed DL picture to the paper permit too, which I folded in half and had laminated) Hell, Montgomery wouldn't even recognize my current Bucks CCW, and made me go though the whole application process again.

But yea, $46 out the door for the DL like card.

Quote Originally Posted by restojunkie1967 View Post
    ...Oh, and they take your photo right then and there just like the DMV, but everyone ends up looking like a serial killer
    Yeah, but a serial killer with a brand new License To Carry Firearms LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by titantornado View Post
    As being a former Bucks resident, and currently a Mongomery resident, I can say Bucks is WAY better to deal with. Even with a well past expired CCW, I was able to simply renew in Bucks. (yea, they stuck a xeroxed DL picture to the paper permit too, which I folded in half and had laminated) Hell, Montgomery wouldn't even recognize my current Bucks CCW, and made me go though the whole application process again.

But yea, $46 out the door for the DL like card.
    Maybe I'm missing what you're saying here, but a LTCF issued in one county is valid in every county in the state.

And as far as renewing, the process is pretty much the same as applying for the first time...same application and procedure.

(Cambria County)

When I moved out of Quakertown, I had to reapply, since the address was no longer correct. Unfortunately, in Montgomery County, they make you jump through an extra hurdle. (which meant I had to take two days off from work, and two trips to Norristown, to acquire my permit)

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by restojunkie1967 View Post
    Anyway, just my two penny's...Oh, and they take your photo right then and there just like the DMV, but everyone ends up looking like a serial killer
    Now that's the truth! I look psychotic in mine.

I just went a couple days ago and had no option for paper v. plastic...they gave me plastic by default. It was a new issuance, BTW, not a renewal.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by titantornado View Post
    When I moved out of Quakertown, I had to reapply, since the address was no longer correct. Unfortunately, in Montgomery County, they make you jump through an extra hurdle. (which meant I had to take two days off from work, and two trips to Norristown, to acquire my permit)
    You don't need to get a new or updated license when your address changes.
    Try these links to 3 threads dealing with that specific issue.

http://forum.pafoa.org/question-answ...cw-permit.html
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...ange-ltcf.html
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...ss-change.html

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Cambria County)

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. I just figured it was a bit like my C&R, (actually, they want to know at least 30 days BEFORE you move) Or, I didn't want to risk being hassled if for some reason I ever had to present my LTCF with an address different than my DL. Thanks for the info, I won't make that mistake again. (of course, I think my next move will be out of the state)

Soooo, I guess I am currently licensed in two counties through 2009.

I thought state law limited the cost of a LTCF to 25 dollars and then 6 dollars was authorized later in a bill to differ the cost of laminated cards....how are they charging $46???
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast