Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Shooting at the Lockheed Martin plant in Archbald

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=9530590

Shooting Investigation at Lockheed Martin Plant

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 10:25 AM EST

Last Updated: Dec 16, 2008 10:58 AM EST

Emergency crews and the coroner have been called to the Lockheed Martin plant in Archbald Tuesday morning after reports of a shooting.

The call came in about 9:30 a.m. at the plant on Kennedy Drive.

There is no word how many people have been injured. Workers tell Newswatch 16 they heard gunshots and ran from the building. They were not able to see anything.

A number of ambulances are also on the scene.

The plant makes electronics for laser-guided bombs and laser-guided training rounds. They also produce devices for the U.S. Navy. More than 580 people work at the plant.

Newswatch 16 has a crew on the scene and will have the latest information as it becomes available.

Coroner was called.

Ohhh. That's not good.
    Fingers crossed and prayers sent.
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Shooting at the Lockheed Martin plant in Archbald

hate to see these reports.. hopefully it was some fool dropping him/herself making a statement and innocents weren't harmed.. not too optimistic about that though.

(Luzerne County)

Apparently it was a security guard that killed an employee and then himself. That is what wnep is saying.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Jefferson County)

Thats what I'm hearing too. Some security guard guy and his love interest coworker.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Luzerne County)

Makes me feel all "safe" inside.

NOT

When oh when are people going to admit the simple truth about gun control, gun free zones, etc?!?

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Somerset County)

makes me glad i carry

(Luzerne County)

Murder-Suicide at Lockheed Martin Plant

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 10:25 AM

Last Updated: Dec 16, 2008 02:38 PM
    Murder Suicide at Lockheed Martin Plant

By Jon Meyer

It appears a relationship that ended is behind a deadly shooting at the Lockheed Martin plant in Archbald. Police confirm a contracted security guard shot and killed a worker at the Lockheed Martin plant in Archbald Tuesday morning, then turned the gun on himself.
    Officials said security guard George Zadolnny, 59, of Taylor shot and killed office worker Deborah Bachak, 46 in Mayfield. Police said the two had been in a relationship that ended recently.

Workers said they heard gunshots about 9:30 a.m. Officers arrived to find panicked employees running from the building.

"We heard what might have been gunshots and we ran out of the building so we just followed the, We didn't really stick around to see what was going on," said worker Rick Scopelliti.

"I was standing on the floor and heard gunshots and everyone took off running," said John Polkowski, who added he didn't know where they were coming from. "We just ran out on our own. I was one of the first people out so I don't know what happened behind us.

"Very scary, very confusing. You know we have a lot of equipment in there and there are noises sometimes so it took a while, I think, for people actually to realize. We still didn't know until just two seconds ago that that was actually what it was," Scopelliti added.

Investigators said the shooting happened inside the building but would not elaborate on the location. They added Zadolnny was one of a few allowed to carry a gun in the highly-secured facility. He was employed by U.S. Security Associates which provides security for the plant.

Workers were sent home for the day. The plant will reopen 8 a.m. Wednesday.

Assistant District Attorney Gene Talerico said the plant is now secured and people in the surrounding area have no need to be concerned. The Valley View School District was on lockdown for a short time after the initial report of the shooting. That lockdown has been lifted.

A spokesperson with Lockheed Martin released the following statement: "Lockheed Martin officials are working with local law enforcement authorities who are on the scene. Names are being withheld pending notification of next of kin. The safety of our employees is our highest priority and all have been evacuated and will not be returning to work today. We are shocked and saddened by this tragedy and express our deepest sympathies to the families."

A hotline has been opened for workers. It is 570-803-2199.

The Lockheed Martin plant makes electronics for laser-guided bombs and laser-guided training rounds. They also produce devices for the U.S. Navy. Nearly 600 people work at the plant.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Makes me feel all "safe" inside.

NOT

When oh when are people going to admit the simple truth about gun control, Criminal Protection Zones, etc?!?

Fixed it for you Pa. Patriot
    Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post

"We heard what might have been gunshots and we ran out of the building so we just followed the, We didn't really stick around to see what was going on," said worker Rick Scopelliti.

"I was standing on the floor and heard gunshots and everyone took off running," said John Polkowski, who added he didn't know where they were coming from. "We just ran out on our own. I was one of the first people out so I don't know what happened behind us.

"Very scary, very confusing. You know we have a lot of equipment in there and there are noises sometimes so it took a while, I think, for people actually to realize. We still didn't know until just two seconds ago that that was actually what it was," Scopelliti added.
    Jesus does anyone else see herd mentality working here? Are there no sheepdogs in that group? They THINK they hear gun shots and instead of seeing what is going on and if any assistance is needed they run. I'm sad to read about the office worker who was killed, but the rest of these fools just drive me nuts.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    Jesus does anyone else see herd mentality working here? Are there no sheepdogs in that group? They THINK they hear gun shots and instead of seeing what is going on and if any assistance is needed they run. I'm sad to read about the office worker who was killed, but the rest of these fools just drive me nuts.
    Anyone else find it at all ironic that the man that shot them was APPROVED to carry a weapon on the campus and all the rest of them were not?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast