Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OC / CC Title 2 Weapons

After reading around a bit it seems to be legal to carry a class 3 weapon CC if it's got all its stamps etc. So would that technically mean that you could legally carry a MAC-10....open carry???? granted that would be crazy to try but is it "legal"? Am I missing something here?????
    Last edited by archangel689; December 9th, 2008 at 02:20 PM.

Default Re: OC / CC Class 3 Weapons

THeres a piece somewhere in law that says no Machineguns,Hand grenades and Swords over 18" or so for CC/OC

(Jefferson County)

You can openly carry Title 2 weapons without a license just like any other "firearm".

You can concealed carry a MAC10 or other Title 2 firearms too. Your LTCF covers handguns and revolvers with a barrel less than 15", or rifles with a barrel less than 16", or shotguns with barrels less than 18", or rifles or shotguns with overall lengths less than 26".

A MAC10 is a pistol. Regardless whether it is full auto or not, it fits the dimensions of the legal term for "firearm" in PA law.

Explosive and incendiary destructive devices are the only prohibited NFA goodies in PA, so long as you legally possess them under federal law(tax stamp). Machineguns, SBS, SBR, supressors, AOW, and non explosive DD's are legal in PA if you have the proper federal paperwork complete.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Luzerne County)

And there are no "class 3 weapons".

Class 3 is a class of special occupational tax that an FFL pays the fedgov for the privilege of selling Title-2/NFA registered weapons.

So there are arguably "Class 3" dealers but for accuracy sake the items you are referring to are better described as NFA, NFA registered or title-2 weapons.

</nit-pick>

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    You can openly carry Title 2 weapons without a license just like any other "firearm".

You can concealed carry a MAC10 or other Title 2 firearms too. Your LTCF covers handguns and revolvers with a barrel less than 15", or rifles with a barrel less than 16", or shotguns with barrels less than 18", or rifles or shotguns with overall lengths less than 26".

A MAC10 is a pistol. Regardless whether it is full auto or not, it fits the dimensions of the legal term for "firearm" in PA law.

Explosive and incendiary destructive devices are the only prohibited NFA goodies in PA, so long as you legally possess them under federal law(tax stamp). Machineguns, SBS, SBR, supressors, AOW, and non explosive DD's are legal in PA if you have the proper federal paperwork complete.
    Has anyone tried this? great way to get dickson city's panties in a bunch.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by archangel689 View Post
    Has anyone tried this? great way to get dickson city's panties in a bunch.
    Yes, why? I used to carry my lopped off Mossberg SBS(think Serbu Shorty) quite often, although its generally delegated to being my truck gun.

You can also legally carry concealed under a duster to trenchcoat, or openly, a fullsized AR-15, AK-47, or pistol gripped shotgun(with legal barrel) and not need a LTCF whatsoever.

Although your mileage may vary due to where you are located. Expect to be harassed in an urban or blue area.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    You can also legally carry concealed under a duster to trenchcoat, or openly, a fullsized AR-15, AK-47, or pistol gripped shotgun(with legal barrel) and not need a LTCF whatsoever.

Although your mileage may vary due to where you are located. Expect to be harassed in an urban or blue area.
    From what I read of New Jersey's gun laws, if you have an FID card, you can walk down the street with a rifle slung over your shoulder. I've been borderline tempted to try it, but I don't really fancy the idea of getting shot by my local PD.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by eocoolj View Post
    From what I read of New Jersey's gun laws, if you have an FID card, you can walk down the street with a rifle slung over your shoulder. I've been borderline tempted to try it, but I don't really fancy the idea of getting shot by my local PD.
    I'm ballzy, but I wouldn't try it there.

(Pike County)

Default Re: OC / CC Title 2 Weapons

Hey eocoolj, let us know where to send the flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    THeres a piece somewhere in law that says no Machineguns,Hand grenades and Swords over 18" or so for CC/OC
    Could you get the cite for that please?

I checked up on blade laws and could find nothing regarding blade length. The rest, I must say I've never researched.
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast