Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Clarion County)

Default I have finally over come my biggest problem!

For those of you that know me,you know my story.If you don't,in a nut shell,We had to leave our home in Pa. and come to Naples Fl.to take care of my wifes mother.She's 86 and not in the best shape.She had a bad fall,broke her nose,wrist and banged herself up pretty good.
    Living down here is no fun.They've got rules and regulations for everything,I can't put my garbage out until 6:00 PM. A bigger problem was shooting!
    A fifty mile drive and pay range fees. At home ,whenever,where-ever,front yard ,back yard,we lived in the wilds.
    Last week ,I pulled into a drive-thru to buy some beer when I over heard the guy talking about his camp!! I seized the moment ,started talking pistols.!
    Low and behold,they were going shooting Saturday and invited me.
    Things are looking up!!
    Still can't wait to get back home some day,but it is a little better already.
    The place is only about 7 miles from where we live,I got lucky!!

(York County)

Default Re: I have finally over come my biggest problem!

LOL, If beer doesn't fix any problem, the B double E double R U N will
    "Skin that'n pilgrim, and I'll git ya another"

(Jefferson County)

Good luck neighbor.

I know how that is trying to find a place to shoot in FL. I lived in Tampa from '80 to early/mid '90s when I started to work on the road. Finding a place to shoot was always a bitch. Ranges were expensive and had too many rules or too formal for me, open land was usually posted.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    For those of you that know me,you know my story.If you don't,in a nut shell,We had to leave our home in Pa. and come to Naples Fl.to take care of my wifes mother.She's 86 and not in the best shape.She had a bad fall,broke her nose,wrist and banged herself up pretty good.
    Living down here is no fun.They've got rules and regulations for everything,I can't put my garbage out until 6:00 PM. A bigger problem was shooting!
    A fifty mile drive and pay range fees. At home ,whenever,where-ever,front yard ,back yard,we lived in the wilds.
    Last week ,I pulled into a drive-thru to buy some beer when I over heard the guy talking about his camp!! I seized the moment ,started talking pistols.!
    Low and behold,they were going shooting Saturday and invited me.
    Things are looking up!!
    I stopped reading at the bold. I would totally love a drive through beer dist. I can't ever stop on my way home from work since I pick up my little monster and can't leave him in the car. It's too hard to carry a car seat and a case of beer.

(Beaver County)

I thought you were allowed to shoot anywhere in the city of Miami? Maybe that's just full-auto out the car window, while your homies are driving?

Florida is a big state. There must be lots of places to shoot. What're you paying for range fees? I wouldn't want to live in a place that made it hard to shoot your guns. That's like h*ll!
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Good luck neighbor.

I know how that is trying to find a place to shoot in FL. I lived in Tampa from '80 to early/mid '90s when I started to work on the road. Finding a place to shoot was always a bitch. Ranges were expensive and had too many rules or too formal for me, open land was usually posted.
    My wife and I met and lived in Fl. from 1985-2004 ,then I talked her into moveing back up north,she loved it.
    Things have really changed down here though,5 years ago ,you could go out in the EverGlades and shooting was no problem.Not any more,you can't go anywhere out there now. It's all been rezoned as state park lands,no shooting!! These crackers are heaven sent,I can shoot again,"Weehauh",
    I just got to practice my "YALL COME BACK NOW HEAR". !!
    Last edited by dman; December 9th, 2008 at 12:29 PM.

I have finally over come my biggest problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    For those of you that know me,...
    Yes, Premature ejaculation can be a problem, but with a bit of a social life, some day you will be able to make it out further then your front yard... 7 miles is a good start.. Now make sure you don't shake your gun too much out there, you don't want an accidental discharge before you get on target!

I travle 37 miles one way, 1 hour in traffic and 45 minutes if there is no traffic. (376 that is rare) but i have found that with a lot of practice, and a nice hot coffee, I can drive that far, even make a few stops along the way if I have to and still be a very satisfied man when I finally get there...

About the coffee, if I cream my self before I get there, I can always say I spilled my coffee

It's so nice to be close to the range you love. But having to hold on for 30+ Miles makes it all worth while...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by kevindsingleton View Post
    I thought you were allowed to shoot anywhere in the city of Miami? Maybe that's just full-auto out the car window, while your homies are driving?

Florida is a big state. There must be lots of places to shoot. What're you paying for range fees? I wouldn't want to live in a place that made it hard to shoot your guns. That's like h*ll!
    In Miami,you've even got a selection of moveing targets,this ain't Miami,this is Nipples,totally different mind set," The old,and dying",--Miami,The soon to be shoot and killed" !!

(Beaver County)

Frency, you should come across the river, to the Aliquippa Bucktails. $35 a year, indoor pistol, outdoor rifle, pistol, archery, trap and skeet. It can't be more than a couple miles from you.
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

Quote Originally Posted by kevindsingleton View Post
    Frency, you should come across the river, to the Aliquippa Bucktails. $35 a year, indoor pistol, outdoor rifle, pistol, archery, trap and skeet. It can't be more than a couple miles from you.
    It is so close, I hear the trap shooting at night...

What are the hours like, I have Sunday Monday's off, but work nights 3 to 11, many clubs are not open by day...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast