Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default 1 dead, 2 wounded in N.J. church shooting

CLIFTON, N.J., Nov. 23 (UPI)
    A man opened fire in a church in Clifton, N.J., Sunday, killing his estranged wife and critically wounding two other people before fleeing, police said.

The shooting -- just before noon in the vestibule of St. Thomas Syrian Orthodox Knanaya Church -- left Reshma James, 24, dead and a 47-year-old woman, described as James's cousin, and a 23-year-old man clinging to life with head wounds, The (Newark, N.J.) Star-Ledger reported.

Police said the shooter, identified as Joseph Sanish Pallipurath, 27, of Sacramento, left the scene in a Jeep with a silver handgun used in the shooting. Pallipurath allegedly had driven from California to the Asian-Indian church in New Jersey, where about 200 worshipers were in the sanctuary when gunfire erupted.

Police said James had moved to New Jersey to live with a relative after years of an abusive marriage in California and the couple's native India. She had filed a restraining order against her husband in New Jersey.

It's a shock, that somebody would have gone into a church like that, Clifton Mayor Jim Anzaldi told The Star-Ledger. You always hear about those things happening out west. It's a terrible thing.

[Someone should've told this idiot that concealed carry is illegal in new jersey....]
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: 1 dead, 2 wounded in N.J. church shooting

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtCriminal View Post
    CLIFTON, N.J., Nov. 23 (UPI)
    A man opened fire in a church in Clifton, N.J., Sunday, killing his estranged wife and critically wounding two other people before fleeing, police said.

The shooting -- just before noon in the vestibule of St. Thomas Syrian Orthodox Knanaya Church -- left Reshma James, 24, dead and a 47-year-old woman, described as James's cousin, and a 23-year-old man clinging to life with head wounds, The (Newark, N.J.) Star-Ledger reported.

Police said the shooter, identified as Joseph Sanish Pallipurath, 27, of Sacramento, left the scene in a Jeep with a silver handgun used in the shooting. Pallipurath allegedly had driven from California to the Asian-Indian church in New Jersey, where about 200 worshipers were in the sanctuary when gunfire erupted.

Police said James had moved to New Jersey to live with a relative after years of an abusive marriage in California and the couple's native India. She had filed a restraining order against her husband in New Jersey.

It's a shock, that somebody would have gone into a church like that, Clifton Mayor Jim Anzaldi told The Star-Ledger. You always hear about those things happening out west. It's a terrible thing.

[Someone should've told this idiot that concealed carry is illegal in new jersey....]
    When?

This is terrible...

(Beaver County)

As the marriage was stated to have been abusive, I wonder what measures she took to defend herself- other than moving across the nation to NJ of all the places to go!!!
    OASN- I was thinking just this morning about protections in side places of worship.
    This is dispicable, done by a man wo balls (IMHO).
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock

(Philadelphia County)

Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting