Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Clarion County)

Default To The Dog Owners Out There ?

It's that time ,the dog needs a bath and I just don't understand ?
    My dog is very cool,he'd follow me through the gates of hell ,but I can't get him in the tub ! When we go hikeing, he's game to jump into any availible source of water,creek,pound,river,ocean,etc.,but not that tub !
    As soon as he hears that water running, first I've got to track him down,he's hideing,! I finally locate him,witch is also funny,He hides in really stupid places, no master of stealth by any means,then the battle begins !!
    It's like cage wrestleing with an anaconda !!
    I'm sweet talkin him the whole way as not to make it any more difficult than it already is . He's planting his brakes hard ,all four feet at maximum resistance.It leaves four distinct drag marks for thirty or so feet across the carpet,but I'm makein progress, ten more feet ,then tile,rejoyce, halleujah.
    hallelujah, hallelu-u-u-u-u-jah !!
    I finally drag him to the tile,now it's gettin a little easier ,tile hath 70% less gription, almost there but I'm gettin tired,he's no little muffy dog, the basturd's strong as hell !!
    10 more feet and then it's over the tub rim,mission complete right ! Ifinally
    get him through the door ,slam it home behind me .I catch my breath and take his covenient dog draggin handle off "dog collar" as if you didn't know ,and he looks at me ,total submision,defeated ,pitiful !!
    Well I start laughing ,it's what I do in times of difficulty, I laugh !
    The wife ,"what the hell are you laughin at" ?? and opens the bathroom door
    to see what I find so funny !
    That was all the break gadgit needed !
    Round two-cage fighting !!Blah blah blah etc. (drag marks ) Blah blah .!!
    ( %&$#@-^%(-!! ($%^#@-!9868 ?- DOG !!
    He's finally clean and smellin like a pitunia and I'm gonna lie down !!
    Motha-f#&%@(-^&*#$@in dog !!

(Chester County)

Default Re: To The Dog Owners Out There ?

Thanks dman - boy did that bring back memories and your description was not only comical but accurate to the T!

Maybe you should do an epilogue as to what happens after bath when you open the bathroom door. The euphoria and nirvanic display as the pooch runs from room to room jumping, wagging the tail, and rubbing the ears on the carpet making a new track in the carpet.

(Clarion County)

This is him," Gadgit ", I guess it wore him out also !!

(Luzerne County)

try feeding him the tub for a few days before the bath. You need to assciate good things the dog likes with the bath.

A lot of people have a hard time takeing their dogs to the vet. This is because the dog has only gone there for bad things. The first thing the vet does is pick the dog up and put it on the table. Then there is the shots, getting their temperature taken and cutting there thingy's off. Would you want to go there.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    try feeding him the tub for a few days before the bath. You need to assciate good things the dog likes with the bath.

A lot of people have a hard time takeing their dogs to the vet. This is because the dog has only gone there for bad things. The first thing the vet does is pick the dog up and put it on the table. Then there is the shots, getting their temperature taken and cutting there thingy's off. Would you want to go there.
    Dog !!!!! Vet !!!!! Now that would be a whole new funny chapter !
    and boy is this a good one !!

(Luzerne County)

The last time we were to a vet, his assistants decide they are going to put our 130lb. Rotti up on the table. The wife tells them to stand back. She tells the dog up. Which he does. She then tells him stand. Which he does. The vet and his two assistants say in unison, WOW.

Gotta love dog training.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    The last time we were to a vet, his assistants decide they are going to put our 130lb. Rotti up on the table. The wife tells them to stand back. She tells the dog up. Which he does. She then tells him stand. Which he does. The vet and his two assistants say in unison, WOW.

Gotta love dog training.
    My wife and I firmly believe in training ,Gadgit has trained us exceptionally well !!

(Chester County)

Ive gone through this with my cat (he is 16 years old and has a bad hip - and often times pees himself... poor fella). and trying to get him in the sink (more like a bath basin) so i can wash him can be a challenge.. I try to keep him as calm as possible because I am afraid he is going to have a heart attack if he gets too stressed.

The dog on the other hand, usually ive leashed her to a tree, and gotten an adjustable spray nozzle on the end of the hose and gently washed her down adding soap and ect. Shes really good about it, but ive only given her 3-4 baths total and only in the summer. Just have to watch out for the shake afterwards!

(Centre County)

That sounds like the routine around here EXCEPT we have 3 BIG dogs. After the successful 20 min. ordeal of dragging the first one in, the other 2 have put their heads together and come up with a plan for organized resistance!! As you drag the second one down the hall, the first and third are jumping around trying to trip you or knock you over! Who needs to go to the gym!

(Wayne County)

I got a few laughs from your post. My husky is an sob when it comes to a bath. She knows when it's time...and she runs away lol. I grap her and then she tries so hard to resist. The tile helps! lol Once she's in the kitches it's doomsday.

I get so damn wet when I give her a bath she's splashing all around and jumping in and out of the tub. A few times she escaped before I shut the door and she shook all over the living room. It's a grueling process & would probably make a good youtube video.

"I Am Become Death" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast