Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default what would you do

today at work the owner of the company had a fit over my time card.now what happened was for the last three weeks we have Had people.driving to and from VA.they where being paid 10 hrs a day for 8 hrs of work to make up for the long drive.i did this last week and filled out my time sheet the same way as them .and got my ass chewed i was told that offer was no longer any good because things where tight. if this happened to you what would you do.

Default Re: what would you do

I think I would ask him when the new change took effect, and why he didn't notify you (or anyone else, apparently). Then remind him gently that things are tight for you too, especially having to drive to VA!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    I think I would ask him when the new change took effect, and why he didn't notify you (or anyone else, apparently). Then remind him gently that things are tight for you too, especially having to drive to VA!
    iv got a few things in mind pennsy but their not real gentle because rite now I'm pissed

(York County)

That, plus bill 'em 12 hours a day next week....the "penalty clause" is now in effect.
    Last edited by padowser; November 11th, 2008 at 07:09 PM. Reason: punctuation
    Archie Gates: No unnecessary shots, Conrad, 'cause we know what they do.
    Conrad Vig: Make infected pockets full of bile, sir.
    Archie Gates: That's right, Conrad, that's what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by 338winmag View Post
    iv got a few things in mind pennsy but their not real gentle because rite now I'm pissed
    And that's a good reason to wait a little bit. Even though it may be unfair, he is still the boss, and Pa is an at will state when it comes to having a job.

Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.

Talking to him calmly may get you a lot further, and I don't mean out the door! Good luck with it.

(Luzerne County)

Was it a personal vehicle was used? Who picked up the gas?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Cumberland County)

And that's a good reason to wait a little bit. Even though it may be unfair, he is still the boss, and Pa is an at will state when it comes to having a job.

Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.

Talking to him calmly may get you a lot further, and I don't mean out the door! Good luck with it.
    thanks for the advice bro I'm shore i will calm down by the morning just pissed now.id mostly dont stay pissed for long its not worth it.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Was it a personal vehicle was used? Who picked up the gas?
    no it was a company truck and gas card.but thats not my point if its good for one crew why is it not good for my crew 3 weeks latter doing the same thing.

(Centre County)

So wait... you're pissed because you didn't get to take the company for 2 hrs pay like the other guys did???? Driving isn't work. I'd much rather do that than fill out paperwork all day.

Get back at your boss and quit. Take anything that's not bolted down on the way out. good luck finding a better job in today's climate

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    So wait... you're pissed because you didn't get to take the company for 2 hrs pay like the other guys did???? Driving isn't work. I'd much rather do that than fill out paperwork all day.

Get back at your boss and quit. Take anything that's not bolted down on the way out. good luck finding a better job in today's climate
    no im pissed becouse they offered to pay the other crew for the drve time but wont do it for me and iv been ther longer.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast